Real or Memorex - The Mechanics Debate Thread

+
Double jump does seem silly on the face of it. The only way to make it plausible is to have ankle or foot jets. I wonder if this will be represented visually in the character menu.

Double jump does seem silly on the face of it. The only way to make it plausible is to have ankle or foot jets. I wonder if this will be represented visually in the character menu.
It would depend how much visual customization we will have concerning cyber limbs. Even with a cyber leg equipped with a booster/jump jet system the limb could be covered in synthetic skin, and could pop out as its being used. I hope we can have both bare cyber limbs and ones covered in RealSkinn, I really want Romanova limbs.

It would be cool if you could do the Max Payne leap where you jump and time loses down maybe as a upgrade for V speaking about upgrades what upgrade would you guys want In the game but you have to name the upgrade as well.

It would be cool if you could do the Max Payne leap where you jump and time loses down maybe as a upgrade for V speaking about upgrades what upgrade would you guys want In the game but you have to name the upgrade as well.
There are honestly too many to name lol, they have so many cool cyberware options in 2020, but as I said b4 though I would really like to see Romanova limbs. They are just cyber limbs without any modifications added yet but they have a sleeker more artistic appearance so they could increase street cred. They are made by a Swiss company and only had legs in 2020 but I am sure they would have arm models by 2077. Not a augment but you could also get designs etched into the cyber limb, if you could get different etched designs for your limbs as customization options that would be awesome.

I would also like to see a updated Blitzkrieg Arcthrower, the 2020 model took up the whole arm and hand and wasn't internally stored but I would like to see a more advanced and compact model. The weapon/augment itself uses a laser induced plasma channel to basically fire lightning at a target.

Also something would be just for fun or could perhaps even gradually increase street crew over time, a Kill Display. You could install a three digit kill display anywhere on your body and input whatever you wanted. In 2020 it wasn't automatic but if they had a newer model that actively recorded your kill count that would be great.

Guest 4310777

Technologically it's obviously possible with some kind of jet propulsion setup .. however, it wouldnt fit well in this game I don't think, it's incredible in DOOM, but this is not DOOM

Technologically it's obviously possible with some kind of jet propulsion setup .. however, it wouldnt fit well in this game I don't think, it's incredible in DOOM, but this is not DOOM
I don't see why it wouldn't fit, there is tons of crazy tech in 2020. They had limbs and limb enhancements that allowed the user to jump much higher, and all kinds of other internal options. By 2077 I am sure it would be completely plausible for a internal leg mod to be able to give the user a quick boost mid air that would seem like a double jump.

By 2077 I am sure it would be completely plausible for a internal leg mod to be able to give the user a quick boost mid air that would seem like a double jump.
Possible, certainly, with the right cyberware/equipment.
Possible as a default feature in the game, no.

Or if a default feature, give it a massive drawback.

Like, let people shoot the fuel tanks.

Or the fact that you're a completely exposed target for twice as long. Maybe the double jump enhancement should come with a rather jaunty bullseye jumper.

Possible, certainly, with the right cyberware/equipment.
Possible as a default feature in the game, no.
Did they say being able to double jump would be a default feature in 2077? I assume they would have pre installed mods in the closed demo but that doesn't mean we won't have to acquire them when the game actually comes out.

Or the fact that you're a completely exposed target for twice as long. Maybe the double jump enhancement should come with a rather jaunty bullseye jumper.

You mean it doesn't already? Every time I saw someone using similar in the Destiny series, I found them much easier to shoot.

Guest 4211861

sounds like extendable legs to me, but doesn't fully make sense... :unsure:

We always want all elements of Cyberpunk 2077 to make sense in the context of the rules of the world. That begins with little details like insect topping on pizza telling you more about how society and culture have changed, and an actual background for your cyberware and skills.
So without going into technical detail, a double jump isn't just something that characters in Night City do by themselves, but actual cyberware with some logic behind it, manufactured by one of the corporations in the world. I can't talk a lot about the actual technical details of how the propulsion works, but for worldbuilding, thinking about the logic of each piece of tech and where it came from always makes more sense than just relying on "cybermagic" and just saying that it works "somehow". So rest assured that we're thinking about these things. :D

Nice to hear that that amount of thought went there. I wonder about other mechanics that have been questioned in these forums...

Great news. Technical stuff like this will certainly do a lot for world building and the setting. I hope the writers go all out in the codex.

And insects on pizza? o_O

I can't talk a lot about the actual technical details of how the propulsion works, but for worldbuilding, thinking about the logic of each piece of tech and where it came from always makes more sense than just relying on "cybermagic" and just saying that it works "somehow". So rest assured that we're thinking about these things. :D
Have I mentioned lately how much I love you Benz?

Nice to hear that that amount of thought went there. I wonder about other mechanics that have been questioned in these forums...
Me to ... OBVIOUSLY ... since I'm the one usually questioning them.

Top Bottom