Real Witcher Swords

+
Real Witcher Swords

'I believe in the sword.
'As you can see, I carry two. Every witcher does. It's said, spitefully, the silver one is for monsters and the iron for humans. But that's wrong. As there are monsters which can be struck down only with a silver blade, so there are those for whom iron is lethal. And lola, not just any iron, it must come from a meteorite. (...) 'Yes, of course you can take my sword. Feel how light it— No! Don't touch the edge, you'll cut yourself. It's sharper than a razor. It has to be.

...​
Welcome.
Me and my father (he's shown himself as a great blacksmith, and I thank him for that) made these two swords, steel and silver.
Design of individual components was made in CorelDraw, and then fired using a plasma burner.
They're made out of steel plate and after a long process of grinding and burnishing, you can finally see them. I hope you'll like them.

Gallery Link

Small collage made of different phases of work. Creating has been spread over many months. The first draft of the blade of the sword silver was established in February 2013.

I would love to have a couple of them on my wall! I don't suppose you're planning on coming up with a custom rig so you can carry them on your back? That would be amazing!

I know, they just weren't meant to be practical, the steel one is heavy as hell, pretty heavy even with both hands. :)

They do look rather heavy (and the balance must be quite off) but, nonetheless, congratulations on these very fine pieces of ornamental art! Even if they're not functional blades, I commend and admire the skill and time with which you imbued them!

Top Bottom