Really, CDPR????

+
I dont like this updated forum. i dont mind the looks,exept the HOS is too bright and BAW is too hard to read. oh wait i do hate the new look :D Can i chance the font color somehow? Now i have to login everytime. Previously i only had to put W on google and i would be instantly where i wanted and logged in. Now its feels like i have to press the forum link ten times to get lets say general discussions. I dont get pinged if i get a private messge. Abd dont even get me started using the new forum on android..

Open to change but both designs need a bit of an improvement, bright red on a faded dark blue for example is an awful idea (Blood & Wine style). Whether you're running yours over it or staring at it it fucks with your eyes.

The design we had before was simplistic and easy on the eyes. Black font on cream coloured paper, it made sense and it didn't strain or fuck with your eyes.

On a side note I'm pretty pissed off about the font change as a whole since it doesn't support the eth/Ð that was in my name and I'm probably not going to frequent the forums as much as I used to since it looks -gently- ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot come up with a single thing that's better in these new designs than in the previous one. Bright white background is almost never good, and like pointed out above the B&W theme colours could have been chosen much better. I'm using the HoS one because I can't be bothered to change theme every. single. time - especially when the alternative is somewhat difficult to read.

Also the wolf head icons of the previous design were really cool and fit the forum perfectly. They were also easy to distinguish from one another. While that can be said about this current design as well, quadrilaterals and arrowheads are in no way creative or unique.
:sad:

On the plus side, at least we still have the character "emoticons". :D

I have to say , i still don't like the new forum...No place i like to be anymore.
Everytime i see this, it just makes me leave this place asap again.

Btw, changing from HoS to B&W Background does not make it better both are bad.
The new forum ist simply a mess.

Last edited:
Krull32;n7091570 said:
I have to say , i still don't like the new forum...No place i like to be anymore.
Everytime i see this, it just makes me leave this place asap again.

Btw, changing from HoS to B&W Background does not make it better both are bad.
The new forum ist simply a mess.

I might get used to B&W theme, IF it were made permanent. I have to log and change every time I visit the forums and it is a pain. But what I really would love is to have that old CDPR back. The one that listened. The one not afraid to admit they got it wrong and undo it for the community's sake. And give us the chance to have a saying in the choosing, perhaps? It might be a financial loss to revert it? Maybe, but they are filthy rich now aren't they? They've done it when they were a starting company. Why not do it now? - Unless, of course, they are so attached to their own egos that they think that the EA way is the right way. "Screw the community! They'll take what we give them!" - I wonder when will they announce it...

(I would love to be able to access my pics album and upload pics again but pics are now "the wrong file format" for this forum. We, users, might be too...)

Last edited:
RageGT;n7094480 said:
(I would love to be able to access my pics album and upload pics again but pics are now "the wrong file format" for this forum. We, users, might be too...)

Did you try to load your pictures with image icon in andvanced editor (A next to smiley)?

Sunsibar;n7099790 said:
Did you try to load your pictures with image icon in andvanced editor (A next to smiley)?

It says invalid file in advanced editor. Invalid format in regular editor. Select from Photo Album in regular editor tries to open a window but all goes gray and nothing shows. Gotta esc to escape. Might be Firefox. Will try it with Chrome later...

Edit: same b/s - Invalid format on normal posting, invalid file on advanced. But it will work fine if I upload to photobucket and use url codes here. Won't bother trying with IE because I don't use IE and would cuss if it worked only there. Perhaps CDPR just don't want to store files anymore. And my archived pic files do not disply in Chrome as well. Says "opening" the archives and display nothing... *sighs*

Last edited:
Marcin_Momot;n7109250 said:
We've brought back lots of functionalities last week and we're working on addressing other issues users have been reporting. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.

I'll be patiently waiting. Would love to have the old forum back. It was so much more witcher like but I guess you're gonna try to fix this instead... aw well. The reason I'm here is the game not the forum per se so, as long as the games are great, the forum can be lousy... NOT! lol =))

RageGT;n7112700 said:
I'll be patiently waiting. Would love to have the old forum back. It was so much more witcher like but I guess you're gonna try to fix this instead... aw well. The reason I'm here is the game not the forum per se so, as long as the games are great, the forum can be lousy... NOT! lol =))

Having lousy forums is not our intention at all. I understand that design changes usually cause some turmoil among users, but please bear with us as we work on improving forums' functionalities.

Marcin_Momot;n7117530 said:
Having lousy forums is not our intention at all. I understand that design changes usually cause some turmoil among users, but please bear with us as we work on improving forums' functionalities.

Petience is good, we got this covered :) But, please, return "First page", "Last page" buttons there. Not just "next page" and "type in the number of page you want"

Marcin_Momot;n7117530 said:

That's what the "...NOT" in my post meant! =))
Yeah, we may get used to it once it is all working as planned but it still would be nice to have participated in the process. (as long as the changes were not made just to make easier to navigate from the TV/XBox with a controller). Because if you ask them "what is your profession", you will get all kind of answers! But if you ask us, old time PC gamers and forumites what is our profession.. all you'll hear is

(can't wait to upload my images here directly though)

I am sorry this forum is broken ...I guess I will check back next month ....I really liked this forum ...but I can no longer see it well enough to participate ....
after the so called upgrade changes it is just to difficult with out the very basic functions every forum should have...I am tired of waiting with no results ..
once again I am sorry ...

What a wonderful improvement ... I am so happy that you changed the forum and I am able to see the thread titles ... I am now able to participate to my best ability ... this is the one thing that I really needed that was beyond my control to be able to participate .... many thanks ... i cant tell you what a wonderful thing it is to be able to see this forum and participate ...

MONKEYPIARAT;n7326000 said:
What a wonderful improvement ... I am so happy that you changed the forum and I am able to see the thread titles ... I am now able to participate to my best ability ... this is the one thing that I really needed that was beyond my control to be able to participate .... many thanks ... i cant tell you what a wonderful thing it is to be able to see this forum and participate ...

Top Bottom