Really, disabling the console?

+
  • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
Stay tuned for more info on that

Maybe less angry? Can people just WAIT the game be FIXED (extreme priority?). Get easy!

• Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.

Maybe less angry? Can people just WAIT the game be FIXED (extreme priority?). Get easy!

Or they could just leave it the fuck alone. I'll get angry all I want because they're making a detrimental change to the game.

Or they could just leave it the fuck alone. I'll get angry all I want because they're making a detrimental change to the game.

This is worst for now... (about consoles, we have some mods at Nexus)

• V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)
:)

I knew people were gonna be salty as soon as I read that line lmao.

Believe me, I'm mad about the game and at CDPR, everyone's mad about everything. Let's all calm down and wait and see what happens eh?

Cortisol produced too regularly, basically becomes a neurotoxin. Don't get so angry over what you can't control, just chill. Give this game some time and the creases will be ironed out. It's possible to be disappointed and not let your emotions get the better of you, just takes practice.

There is so much good about this game, a lot of people seem to be discarding that for where it has fallen short.

They will never release a modding kit for this game especially when they are going to want you to buy those micros when multiplayer comes out. Besides the W3 modders are still waiting for that kit they released for W2...but yeah there is no reason to disable the console feature for a single player game. You guys notice how this game world seems to be developed more towards a multiplayer system then a single player one?

Last edited:
They will never release a modding kit for this game especially when they are going to want you to buy those micros when multiplayer comes out. Besides the W3 modders are still waiting for that kit they released for W2...but yeah there is no reason to disable the console feature for a single player game. You guys notice how this game world seems to be developed more towards a multiplayer system then a single player one?
I don't get why they would disable the debug console either. Doesn't really make sense. That being said, even without the modkit TW3 is still one of the most popular modded games behind the Bethesda games on the nexus. So it would be a mistake for them to not at least work with modders a bit by "leaking" some dev tools. Also, if I see a single micro transaction in this Full Price AAA game...Full paid DLC's are one thing cause if they're anything like TW3 then they are worth the price. But they better not even dip their pinky toe in the micro transaction pool or CDPR will be completely and utterly ruined by their own hand.

I will still mod this game. MP games are harder to maintain since hackers and exploits are easy to find when you have billions of players playing a game.

The ONLY reason to disable a console is to inhibit or slow modding of the game. It makes tracking down item ID's, quest ID's and other stuff much harder.

Console also opens up the ability to track what the game was designed to do, rather than what it actually is doing. Let's say there are pointers to certain clothing or weapons that are not in the game yet or were cut. This would show up much easier with a debug console and cut content could be restored (in part or in whole) by modders.

Thus far, there are just over 100 mods already developed, and 90+ of them are either color reshades or bug and performance fixes.

But modders are also wanting to revert changes that CDPR is implementing with patches. Without getting hyper-focused on genitals, that is already an in-demand mod: making genitals visible when in the shower.

LOTS of people also want a 3rd person perspective, but whichever modder wants to take on that task will have at least 500 hours of work to do. They can rip the skeleton off of any hostile NPC and use those animations for movement, assign the textures for all the clothing, etc. and make a workable 3rd person game. Something that I don't think CDPR would really appreciate being done.

Modding also fixes some game engine issues. The save file size, for example, is SUPER small. Since the game tracks items you have sold to vendors for buyback, selling items and making use of the games economic system can make your save game rather large, rather quickly and then it breaks.

The save file size is, honestly, a drastic oversight because a lot of players (myself included) are collectors who want to get all the cool gadgets, Legendary items, etc. So again, it falls upon the modding community to adjust things and make the save file larger to handle how people are playing the game.

Lastly, if CDPR is planning on including micro-transactions for clothing and fashion related things...... (Just like Bethnet does with Skyrim and Fallout), they are not going to want modders unlocking the cool chrome legs, implants, goggles, and other fashions that are currently restricted to NPC's.

Getting rid of the console only serves to stop modders from either making mods CDPR doesn't want in their game, or to stop content they cut from being re-activated.

I LOVE this game btw. But first mod to make the inventory screens easier and quicker to navigate, I'm getting it. Same goes for mods that change locations of loot, loot containers, etc. I already roleplay going back to the apartment regularly to shower and sleep, so if a mod makes the clothing rack into a storage container, makes the toilet functional, keeps the TV playing while I walk around, etc. I am most assuredly getting those.
Post automatically merged:

I don't get why they would disable the debug console either. Doesn't really make sense. That being said, even without the modkit TW3 is still one of the most popular modded games behind the Bethesda games on the nexus. So it would be a mistake for them to not at least work with modders a bit by "leaking" some dev tools. Also, if I see a single micro transaction in this Full Price AAA game...Full paid DLC's are one thing cause if they're anything like TW3 then they are worth the price. But they better not even dip their pinky toe in the micro transaction pool or CDPR will be completely and utterly ruined by their own hand.

I, myself and predicting micro-transactions are coming after all the patches finish up in 6 months or so. Want that cool looking outfit you saw only on an NPC? That'll cost ya $5 please.

Taking a page out of Fortnite, they can try to squeeze hundreds of dollars out of people just by selling clothing, skins and weapon skins.....

I really, really hope they don't. Cause if they do, I'll actually boycott the game and the studio. I love Cyberpunk and it has amazing potential to mature into another Witcher 3 level of game. They best not ruin it

The ONLY reason to disable a console is to inhibit or slow modding of the game. It makes tracking down item ID's, quest ID's and other stuff much harder.

Console also opens up the ability to track what the game was designed to do, rather than what it actually is doing. Let's say there are pointers to certain clothing or weapons that are not in the game yet or were cut. This would show up much easier with a debug console and cut content could be restored (in part or in whole) by modders.

Thus far, there are just over 100 mods already developed, and 90+ of them are either color reshades or bug and performance fixes.

But modders are also wanting to revert changes that CDPR is implementing with patches. Without getting hyper-focused on genitals, that is already an in-demand mod: making genitals visible when in the shower.

LOTS of people also want a 3rd person perspective, but whichever modder wants to take on that task will have at least 500 hours of work to do. They can rip the skeleton off of any hostile NPC and use those animations for movement, assign the textures for all the clothing, etc. and make a workable 3rd person game. Something that I don't think CDPR would really appreciate being done.

Modding also fixes some game engine issues. The save file size, for example, is SUPER small. Since the game tracks items you have sold to vendors for buyback, selling items and making use of the games economic system can make your save game rather large, rather quickly and then it breaks.

The save file size is, honestly, a drastic oversight because a lot of players (myself included) are collectors who want to get all the cool gadgets, Legendary items, etc. So again, it falls upon the modding community to adjust things and make the save file larger to handle how people are playing the game.

Lastly, if CDPR is planning on including micro-transactions for clothing and fashion related things...... (Just like Bethnet does with Skyrim and Fallout), they are not going to want modders unlocking the cool chrome legs, implants, goggles, and other fashions that are currently restricted to NPC's.

Getting rid of the console only serves to stop modders from either making mods CDPR doesn't want in their game, or to stop content they cut from being re-activated.

I LOVE this game btw. But first mod to make the inventory screens easier and quicker to navigate, I'm getting it. Same goes for mods that change locations of loot, loot containers, etc. I already roleplay going back to the apartment regularly to shower and sleep, so if a mod makes the clothing rack into a storage container, makes the toilet functional, keeps the TV playing while I walk around, etc. I am most assuredly getting those.
Post automatically merged:

I, myself and predicting micro-transactions are coming after all the patches finish up in 6 months or so. Want that cool looking outfit you saw only on an NPC? That'll cost ya $5 please.

Taking a page out of Fortnite, they can try to squeeze hundreds of dollars out of people just by selling clothing, skins and weapon skins.....

I really, really hope they don't. Cause if they do, I'll actually boycott the game and the studio. I love Cyberpunk and it has amazing potential to mature into another Witcher 3 level of game. They best not ruin it
I thought they announced they wanted paid and free DLC for this game?

I do not understand what you mean by "get easy" here, not being smart just wanted clarification.

Man, I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of mods would come out for this game.... If they don't return developer support for modding... that will be my reason for returning the game if I can. I thought that was promised when I bought this game.

Man, I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of mods would come out for this game.... If they don't return developer support for modding... that will be my reason for returning the game if I can. I thought that was promised when I bought this game.

They said in the notes to wait a bit for more information on modding.

yes, agreed modding is something I want to keep unrestrained, i really hope they dont do what other companies have done and make it a walled garden. I love the freedom to mod my games into something I fall inlove with even more...I would never pay for mods though.

They said in the notes to wait a bit for more information on modding.

As Gregski said, wait a bit before freaking out.

The post outright says it doesn't mean they're against modding. Wait for more info before throwing even more crap at CDPR.

I don't understand why they keep making detrimental, retrograde type changes. This game is nearly still beta, leave the console for heaven's sake.

Top Bottom