Really?! [Disappointed with DLCs]

+

Pufty

Forum regular
I honestly thought MONTHS are long. I've been aching and it's been painful, so don't even try to pull that 'you're toxic' card on me. I am just in shock that this is all they've got so far. I'm ready to cut off DLC talk entirely JUST so they get busy with the CORE aspects of the game. Don't start talking about adding content/DLC, stop in your tracks, go back and Rework/re-implement/re-do.

On a positive note - that Codex thing has pretty images. So at least I've said something that doesn't appear out-right negative

Guest 3847602

Free DLCs for The Witcher 3:

- Alternative Look for Yennefer
- Alternative Look for Triss
- Alternative Look for Ciri
- Temerian Armor Set
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set
- Skellige Armor Set
- New Quest – Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear
- New Quest – Contract: Missing Miners
- New Quest – Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted
- New Quest – Where the Cat and Wolf Play…
- New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
- Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
- Beard and Hairstyle Set
- Elite Crossbow Set
- New Finisher Animations
- NEW GAME +.

This isn't enough for you?

These patch notes are about 10 screen lengths long, 32.000 pixels. You can scroll for a solid 15 seconds throughout the entire thing. You know how much work that takes?

EDIT: : "Here is a list of the most notable changes coming in this update". To think this list would've been even longer had they included every little thing they did. It's massive.

These DLC's are small for a reason. They're focusing on patching the game with 1.3, releasing the next gen version which has over 300 people working on it and the new big DLC which Mike is already in talks with with CDPR.

See this as the beginning of more. Once the patching stage is over we can look forward to actual feature additions.

Last edited:
I honestly thought MONTHS are long. I've been aching and it's been painful, so don't even try to pull that 'you're toxic' card on me. I am just in shock that this is all they've got so far. I'm ready to cut off DLC talk entirely JUST so they get busy with the CORE aspects of the game. Don't start talking about adding content/DLC, stop in your tracks, go back and Rework/re-implement/re-do.

On a positive note - that Codex thing has pretty images. So at least I've said something that doesn't appear out-right negative
The point being that since it seems like they're not capable of fixing those core issues, they include a pseudo-DLC that clearly screams "SLOPPY".
Once again: 2 jackets, a car and an alternative look... GTFO.

Loved the stream and those were some good dlc especially with cat. I'm a cat lover so it was perfect. Too bad no fsr, but great work on their part.

Best part was the teaser of expansions coming out in the future, looking forward to it for sure, take my money!

Once again, thank you CDPR for taking your time to do the stream and updating us!

Free DLCs for The Witcher 3:

- Alternative Look for Yennefer
- Alternative Look for Triss
- Alternative Look for Ciri
- Temerian Armor Set
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set
- Skellige Armor Set
- New Quest – Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear
- New Quest – Contract: Missing Miners
- New Quest – Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted
- New Quest – Where the Cat and Wolf Play…
- New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
- Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
- Beard and Hairstyle Set
- Elite Crossbow Set
- New Finisher Animations
- NEW GAME +.

I'll never get over how much quality content this game got. I'm honestly not surprised we're not seeing this level of post launch DLC again.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion (obviously) and I admire you guys for sticking with CDPR up until now.
Me? I'm done, I'll be checking in next year to see if anything has changed.

I LOVED the game despite its numerous shortcomings but this is ridiculous (to me).

Big hug to all of you!

Loved the stream and those were some good dlc especially with cat. I'm a cat lover so it was perfect. Too bad no fsr, but great work on their part.

Best part was the teaser of expansions coming out in the future, looking forward to it for sure, take my money!

Once again, thank you CDPR for taking your time to do the stream and updating us!
There was no dlc for a cat. It was just for the two jackets, a car, and Johnny skin from what I remember. There was actually more?

Guest 3847602

I'll never get over how much quality content this game got. I'm honestly not surprised we're not seeing this level of post launch DLC again.
Here's hoping that this is just the beginning and that we'll eventually get the sidequests as good as "Where the Cat and Wolf Play", "Fool’s Gold" and "Skellige’s Most Wanted". :beer:
To quote someone more famous:

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuinely curious why you'd expect anything more from the free DLCs.

That's what we got from TW3, it seems like that's what you should expect from CP2077's. Y'know, especially after CDPR expressively said that's exactly what they would do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm far from impressed by CPDR's performance so far but the free DLCs are not something you should expect much from.

Impressive how much energy some people put into overdramatizing a trivial matter.

As for the size of the DLC, I'm curious where all these expectations are coming from.

I'm from the opposite side of the spectrum, I didn't even expect any DLC with patch 1.3, I expected DLC's with the next gen versions, so I'm positively surprised.

Interesting how things work differently for different individuals.

Perhaps there's a balance to be reached with one's expectations and the actual reality of things, just a thought.

All the best to you choom. :)

As for the size of the DLC, I'm curious where all these expectations are coming from.
As someone who has never been invested in the Witcher series, or sword and that in general. I don't see this DLC strategy being any different than offerings from other companies I sometimes browse on Xbox store. For my understanding this has been basically industry practice for a few years at least.

ooodrin already posted comparison for Witcher 3 DLC and yeah, it's difficult to see what's the big deal here.

** DLC will comes later **
and will be well worthy of The Witcher 3, but it takes something to feed the hungry crowd.

For the moment we have a small sequel for another alternate ending and a mission with Panam to have the car, already that for a patch.

The only mistake they made was that they blasted the live by saying things like "Incredible New Content", that doesn't mean right now.
So people were waiting for vehicle custom, police pursuit or other futur Romances DLC or even an little expansion but no.

I'm not going to hide it that after 8 months I'm disappointed, but I know it well from Star Citizen and I'm confident of their future work, it's not a small studio with a little history.

As they recalled, the game was forced to release too early which closed "windows" (gameplay / mods ig..) and they can only fix the outside of these.

Top Bottom