Really?! [Disappointed with DLCs]

+
As to why anyone expects new content from a patch, given patch tends to be synonymous with "fix" in the software realm, is anyones guess. A patch all signs indicated was geared toward fixing problem areas in a feature complete game being mostly about... fixing problem areas... shouldn't be unexpected.

The point was about substantial changes to be fair.

As for this particular quote, regardless of one's feels about any particular feature individually, the game is feature complete.

It's also possible that I've misinterpreted what you were trying to say with this paragraph as well :).

Either way I largely agree with you :D.

The point being that since it seems like they're not capable of fixing those core issues, they include a pseudo-DLC that clearly screams "SLOPPY".
Once again: 2 jackets, a car and an alternative look... GTFO.

It depends on what you think the core issues are. They never intend to make it a third person game after all.

I was surprised about the free DLC releasing with 1.3, which was pleasant. Strangely, I'm more excited about the fact that I'll see Stefan again (something I never thought I'd say), due to the bug that makes him disappear from the game.

Instead of being just another voice that can't do anything but complain about the game's state it's better to focus on what they're actually doing on making it better. The patch list is impressive. It really is. The devs know how bad it is. It's not their fault the game was as bad as it is. That's on leadership. I'm not gonna crap on the work the developers did because of something that was outside of their control.

They're working on making the game better. Many a AAA publisher would've thrown the game into the garbage already. There's big DLC coming, next-gen version is on the way, and this major patch lays the groundwork for more feature filled patches down the road.
I think it's quite questionable if major AAA studios would ever do anything like CP 2077 for at least two major reasons that are related. They don't need to, their business model work and they don't need to take risks like this, which gives them possibility to hire people who aren't perhaps in position to negotiate much about anything and using contractors. I don't see writing being in any better position and everything is on certain production schedules, monetization features and like that. Turn over rate may be high, but that's crunch for. This is to illustrate benefits of control over company structure, over several studios allows to control entire cost structure. There are projects that fail, but that's acceptable risk.

CDP has very think portfolio and publishing another grind shooter in plastic corridors would look like quite a big risk in that position as it could just not generate any interest and sink in the sea of clones. So CDPR say mo-cap work done here, it's pioneer work and people with this kind of skills, they can go everywhere. Writing the same thing, it transcends the video game standards result is a video game, but most importantly, relevant work in the cyberpunk genre, that happens to be a video game.

And I'm not in this blame the managers thing at all, because without people with guts to greenlit all the clever things this game has, it of course wouldn't be the same.

COVID didn't impact production of just patches, it hampered production from early 2020 and CDPR has no crunch policy, that is very important to note here, they have options there, they found people who were willing to do that pioneering work. But for me there's no question about COVID's role in production and release state of game.

Calling 2 jackets, a car and an alternative look for JS "DLC" is quite frankly ridiculous.
We expected more, this is embarrassing...

WoW sells a single mount and charges $20 and calls it a DLC, Fallout 76 reskins power armour and charges $20 and call it DLC. Why aren't a couple of jackets and a new skin on an NPC DLC?

Nothing would piss me off with CDPR more than if they pull that micro-transaction shit I'd quit the game in an instant just as I did to WoW and fo76 they start trying those shenanigans. So free DLC for me... kudos to CDPR

Are you confusing DLC with expansions perhaps?

See this as the beginning of more. Once the patching stage is over we can look forward to actual feature additions.

While I agree with your post, this argument has been made a few times already with the previous patches. The next major update after this one should really finally start to introduce these elusive feature additions to the game, given how we are almost at one year anniversary without any introduced to the game so far.

Not sure how good an idea those jackets (or clothing dlc of any kind where the underlaying systems aren’t touched aswell) that you get pretty early on are because due to how level scaling and itemization works, they’ll be vendor junk after a couple of level ups when you start finding better ones from corpses and trashcans.

Because as it happens, and unlike it was thought at the start, style doesn’t matter in this game. Armor values do.

WoW sells a single mount and charges $20 and calls it a DLC, Fallout 76 reskins power armour and charges $20 and call it DLC. Why aren't a couple of jackets and a new skin on an NPC DLC?

Nothing would piss me off with CDPR more than if they pull that micro-transaction shit I'd quit the game in an instant just as I did to WoW and fo76 they start trying those shenanigans. So free DLC for me... kudos to CDPR

Are you confusing DLC with expansions perhaps?
Thats the thing, i think these companys deliberatly muddy the waters with there naming of payed content. A mount in wow isent a DLC, its just a microtransaction. Dlc has several definisions nowdays since some seem to wanna merge microtransactions with the term DLC or expansion i guess. Its the "we dont call it loot boxes, we call them suprise mechanics" all over again.

To be clear, i think its fine too call a jacket and a car DLC (Especially when its free). Even shorter quest chains would be fine to call that, a microtransaction is when you pay for something that doesnt bring in more content (armor/skin/extra exp/more crafting materials ect)

So far CDPR has stayed away from that practice atleast and i thank them for that(And those dreadfull day1/pre order DLCs). Now is this free DLC amazing? nope, its just some added bonus stuff pretty much. Would i prefer more/expanded quests/story? hell yea, but that would border on expansion territory. Adding a new jacket/car should be quite easy to do for them so im kinda fine with it. Am i exited for it? no not really.

Not sure how good an idea those jackets (or clothing dlc of any kind where the underlaying systems aren’t touched aswell) that you get pretty early on are because due to how level scaling and itemization works, they’ll be vendor junk after a couple of level ups when you start finding better ones from corpses and trashcans.
They are iconic, so you will be able to upgrade them to legendary if you want and if you can ;)
Capture d’écran 2021-08-17 à 18.16.33.png
(Those those who have not already seen it, the Johnny's jacket is marked as quest item and in double rare and epic...)

Free DLCs for The Witcher 3:

- Alternative Look for Yennefer
- Alternative Look for Triss
- Alternative Look for Ciri
- Temerian Armor Set
- Nilfgaardian Armor Set
- Skellige Armor Set
- New Quest – Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear
- New Quest – Contract: Missing Miners
- New Quest – Contract: Skellige’s Most Wanted
- New Quest – Where the Cat and Wolf Play…
- New Quest – ‘Fool’s Gold’
- Ballad Heroes’ Neutral Gwent Card Set
- Beard and Hairstyle Set
- Elite Crossbow Set
- New Finisher Animations
- NEW GAME +.
I think people have been confusing what CDPR considers to be free DLC with what CDPR considers to be paid expansion packs. The free DLC was minor stuff. The expansion packs were huge. Except NG+, which was major. I didn't even realize that was considered DLC until I saw your post.

They are iconic, so you will be able to upgrade them to legendary if you want and if you can ;)

In my experience, unless there’s been some balancing acts done for the system, the looted gear found all around levels up faster than one can upgrade the existing gear. So it’s ultimately a sort of fools errand trying to stick with what you think might look cool, if you want to stay at least semi consistently effective in the game at the same time.

In my experience, unless there’s been some balancing acts done for the system, the looted gear found all around levels up faster than one can upgrade the existing gear. So it’s ultimately a sort of fools errand trying to stick with what you think might look cool, if you want to stay at least semi consistently effective in the game.
They have reduced prices of crafting components (but also nerfed the "cheats" of getting them) So its possible to keep upgrading a jacket but it gets very expencive. I generaly just dont bother looting my favorite stuff untill im max level.

In my experience, unless there’s been some balancing acts done for the system, the looted gear found all around levels up faster than one can upgrade the existing gear. So it’s ultimately a sort of fools errand trying to stick with what you think might look cool, if you want to stay at least semi consistently effective in the game at the same time.
40 points of armour stops approx 1 point of ranged physical damage. Make sure those upgrades are actually worth it before doing it, mod slots are worth far more than a few points of armour. I normally just craft the legendary versions afresh when I hit 40/45 and then upgrade if I want.

They have reduced prices of crafting components (but also nerfed the "cheats" of getting them) So its possible to keep upgrading a jacket but it gets very expencive. I generaly just dont bother looting my favorite stuff untill im max level.

Yeah. Well, I don’t care to metagame much, so I don’t memorize where all the ”beast” gear is. I suppose this puts me in a slight disadvantage in regards to how the game works.

Yeah. Well, I don’t care to metagame much, so I don’t memorize where all the ”beast” gear is. I suppose this puts me in a slight disadvantage in regards to how the game works.
Hehe i dont either in this game tbh, just the weapon and modslots really matters. Generaly when your max level you will kill everything easy anyways. also i wait with my armorsets untill max level just for the looks.

Guest 3847602

I think people have been confusing what CDPR considers to be free DLC with what CDPR considers to be paid expansion packs.
Could be. But, a lot of people do have knowledge of what CDPR considers DLC and expansion, they just want what they want, regardless (be it 3rd person camera, car and apartment customization, train, gangs for them to join, etc...). Things completely divorced from reality.

40 points of armour stops approx 1 point of ranged physical damage. Make sure those upgrades are actually worth it before doing it, mod slots are worth far more than a few points of armour. I normally just craft the legendary versions afresh when I hit 40/45 and then upgrade if I want.
I did that in my first run. Though I had no idea how damage and armor worked with each other since I couldn’t find any explanation. ”Bigger is better” was what I could deduce from what I saw on screen.

But I suppose all those 100+ armadillos didn’t really go to waste, but didn’t do much either.

6 pieces of max leveled clothes level 50 (200 armor each).
6x200 : 1200 armor at max.
20 mods slot full of epic armadillos level 50 (250 armor each).
20x240 : 4800 armor at max.
The calculation is quickly done. The one things really important about armor/clothes (except the look) > number of mod slots.
So a level 5 legendary jacket with like 20 armor but with 4 mod slots is way better than a level 50 one with 1 or 2 mod slots.

Top Bottom