Really?! [Disappointed with DLCs]

+
** DLC will comes later **
and will be well worthy of The Witcher 3, but it takes something to feed the hungry crowd.

For the moment we have a small sequel for another alternate ending and a mission with Panam to have the car, already that for a patch.

The only mistake they made was that they blasted the live by saying things like "Incredible New Content", that doesn't mean right now.
So people were waiting for vehicle custom, police pursuit or other futur Romances DLC or even an little expansion but no.

I'm not going to hide it that after 8 months I'm disappointed, but I know it well from Star Citizen and I'm confident of their future work, it's not a small studio with a little history.

As they recalled, the game was forced to release too early which closed "windows" (gameplay / mods ig..) and they can only fix the outside of these.
Yes I loved feeling that the devs were really speaking their mjnds on some subjects. You could feel the resentment on the explanation about why it's so difficult to patch a "live game", resentment about the early release

That's easy to answer. People expected more because of how much was left out that was promised for release. Some people expected the DLC to correct this disappointment. I did not expect that, but I had hoped.
And easy to refute.

So far, as far as CP2077 is concerned, CDPR has either underdelivered or delivered exactly what they said they would. Expecting anything different at this stage is setting yourself up for disappointment and entirely on the individual. Regardless of anybody's stance on the marketing campaign and it's various interpretations, the hype generating machine and all that jazz, if you interpret them explicitly saying "You'll get X" as "I'll get X, Y and Z because they let me down before" that is entirely and solely on you.

One quick look at CP2077's history since release and it should be absolutely crystal clear that those free DLCs are not suddenly going to change from "same as TW3" to "game changing". Especially not for free.

Note that I use you as a general you.

Why are people still clinging to the game like this? It's completely linear with very little replayability, and that isn't going to change. You really shouldn't be hanging on every single patch hoping it will make your dreams come true, or else it's going to get stale very quickly, and no amount of patching or added content will make you happy in the end.

Put the game away, come back in a few years and pick it up again after they've ended support on it. Then maybe enough time will have passed that you have forgotten enough and can enjoy playing through the story again with all the bells and whistles included.
Actually it has a lot of replayability I think. You can choose to equip V in a lot of different ways and try different tactics. You can power through the scripted story for sure, or you can 'perform' in the City as you wish. I agree that some posters here seem to be set on being disappointed/angry with every update.

How about instead of a jacket and a car they just unlock the npc's wardrobe for the pc? Seriously, hooray for all the bug fixes but as I said before we got the game we're gonna get. This will not be another NMS. They'll releases w/e DLC was pre-planned in the board room to entice the investors, but that's it. They are beholden to the investors now and making the gane that was promised for free isn't going to sell more copies.

Enjoy the game for what it is because it's all its ever going to be👍

And easy to refute.

So far, as far as CP2077 is concerned, CDPR has either underdelivered or delivered exactly what they said they would. Expecting anything different at this stage is setting yourself up for disappointment and entirely on the individual. Regardless of anybody's stance on the marketing campaign and it's various interpretations, the hype generating machine and all that jazz, if you interpret them explicitly saying "You'll get X" as "I'll get X, Y and Z because they let me down before" that is entirely and solely on you.

One quick look at CP2077's history since release and it should be absolutely crystal clear that those free DLCs are not suddenly going to change from "same as TW3" to "game changing". Especially not for free.

Note that I use you as a general you.
I am not sure how you are refuting what I said. I said I was not expecting them to make people satisfied, because they are not. CDPR does not have any intention to do more than survive and move forward as best they can until we have to pay for more content.

How about instead of a jacket and a car they just unlock the npc's wardrobe for the pc? Seriously, hooray for all the bug fixes but as I said before we got the game we're gonna get. This will not be another NMS. They'll releases w/e DLC was pre-planned in the board room to entice the investors, but that's it. They are beholden to the investors now and making the gane that was promised for free isn't going to sell more copies.

Enjoy the game for what it is because it's all its ever going to be👍

Eh, that's pretty good but I'd prefer more stories and games than darts or whatever.

Top Bottom