Really enjoying Cyberpunk. Am I alone ?

+
I really enjoyed the game, but I'm almost finishing everything that there is to it, which is really depressing. And I wish for new endings.
Yet, it is a SAD ending.
v.jpg

Not alone. I love it. I've been wanting to set foot in night city for decades and they nailed the setting. The story is great. The gameplay is fun. All in all it's one of my favorite games from the last few years.

With all that said the game outside of the prologue is very inconsistent (in every category),the cut content is jarring and the lack of polish is very evident:
-life path choices are basically meaningless and have no effect on the story.
-some areas like Pacifica seem woefully underdeveloped (Mr. Hands,the local fixer, has ONE gig for you)
-the races you take part in are some of the worst I've ever seen in a video game
-zero customization on anything (outside of the character creator and changing clothing)

-without side activities/mini games the end game feels really lifeless

As others have said the game has potential but it needs some love.Well,it needs alot of love to be quite honest.I hope in January we'll get a roadmap on how that love will manifest.
Agreed, more needs to be done to flesh out the life paths and bring them more into the story.
Haven't done anything in Pacifica as yet, so I can't say yea or nay until I do--should be soon, that's the next major arc on my agenda.
Not really into racing or the brawling quests--at least not with this build, so can't comment.
Agreed 100% on customization--this is an easy one to implement. Hopefully they'll do so once they get the major bugs ironed out.
Agreed 100% on the need of an at least rough roadmap in January. The holiday season is going to slow things down, frankly speaking, I'm surprised they've put out the hotfixes and patches they have in this short time--if this were EA, Ubisoft, or Microsoft, we could well be waiting on the first or second patch. This is also my first CDPR purchase so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now. As I said in my post above, in six months we'll see if I end up keeping this game past a playthrough or two or uninstall it. I hope CDPR does understand though that tempus fugit--time is fleeting.

I enjoy the game a lot too, but there are some really big issues with it that need to be ironed out.

You are definitely not alone, I actually decided to ration my gaming sessions as I was forgetting to eat and sleep in real life. This is probably the most immersive game I've played to date.

I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. Have I experienced any bugs? Sure, but game-breaking? No. maybe it's my hardware, but the game runs fine and has never crashed. The first time a saw “V” on his motorbike T-Posed with his pants down I thought WTF. But hay patches and bug fixes will come. The game itself is totally awesome, immersive and enjoyable. Dam. I'm a rust player the games been out for 8 years and there still bugs in that.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.
The dildo should be made deployable as a hand weapon. I'd love to bludgeon an enemy to death using a rubber dildo.
Exactly man

I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. Have I experienced any bugs? Sure, but game-breaking? No. maybe it's my hardware, but the game runs fine and has never crashed. The first time a saw “V” on his motorbike T-Posed with his pants down I thought WTF. But hay patches and bug fixes will come. The game itself is totally awesome, immersive and enjoyable. Dam. I'm a rust player the games been out for 8 years and there still bugs in that.

I'm in the same boat--frankly, it's staggering the amount of hate and toxicity the game is getting. I've been having a blast, and even though it isn't a perfect game, the architecture, music, gameplay and story have me totally hooked. Granted, I've been looking forward to the game for a while (dusted off my copy of CP2020 to prep for 2077), but it seems like a lot of people can't see the forest for some glitchy / missing trees.

Breathe, people. The game'll get patched. The devs are working on it. Don't take your anger out on these poor forums moderators, lol.

I have had a lot of fun with this game. Sure it feels like there are some missing features that were seemingly promised.
I was hoping we would actually get to see cyberware installed on our bodies by ripperdoc's like viktor did at the prologue
Then I was also hoping the customization beyond character creator. As it stands now if you make a mistake at the CC you're stuck with that for the rest of the game. And of course no transmog system means your character will look like a bum since you'll often prioritize higher stat items over 'looks' and style is a big part of Mike Pondsmiths Cyberpunk

I have a decent enough PC so I dont really have any complaints in terms of game performance. Bugs are often fixed with a quick reload so that's no issue.

The life path choices in terms of future dialogue does feel a bit underwhelming. So far I haven't exactly seen them making much of a difference besides getting a bit of additional information. And most people I've had Nomad conversations with have been pretty much rude to me for it. Like talking with Judy how Mox is similar to Nomads and she just shut me down real fast.

I dunno why Meredith was considered a romance option since there was not much going on and then after that meeting you basically never talk again. So yeah the romance options and the joytoys seem underwhelming.

( Potential spoiler blow)

The most explicit scene happens with Alt and that's not even our character. My corpo Male v didnt even have a chance with anyone. Even Panam shut me down when he tried so yeah

I think this game will be what it set out to be in around 6 months time for now it's just a fun and great looking shooter. On PC at least.

This game is crack cocaine to me.

Graphics are amazing.
The characters are extremely well written to the point of feeling like real people.
Gameplay loop is fun (IMO) though the game needs crafting options to auto-disassemble picked up items by rarity or type. So there's less inventory management.

I was about to make a huge list here but I just have to stop. I fucking love this game and IMO the faults the game has does not even come close to ruining the experience for me.

Almost 40 hours in and enjoyed all of this game. Bugs and plentiful and can be annoying, but many times caused more hilarity than i can count.
No game breaking bugs, so far at least.

Crafting seems it was made as a last resort and upgrading weapons and armor seems a bit pointless as game lets you upgrade rare weapons once until says level or skill too low.
Also you keep getting A LOT of new gear all the time.

1700X and RX 5700XT and runs well and looks nice on 1080p and high details.
Slowdowns come from loading from HDD.

I will keep thumbs up that CDPR manages to fix bugs and issues with game.

Running smoothly for me too, with just one CTD and a few bugs so far. I am enjoying it, but still disappointed that it's so unfinished. There's very little to do in the open world other than the usual 'go to this icon and kill stuff'. I'm surprised by the sheer amount of missing content - Not many interesting side quests, no mini games, no racing. Not many interesting characters, items or places to discover by exploration. Hardly any clothing to buy. No real romance story. No character customisation outside of character creation. No vehicle customisation.

Even the combat settles into a predictable rhythm before long because of the dumb enemy AI and limited enemy types, so it all gets a bit repetitive because the game is, let's be honest here - very shallow.
Not many interesting side quests?? There's loads of side quests and content - atleast 100hrs worth?

Love the game despite all issues, but I think the issues I have problems with can be resolved.

I adore the game, not going to add to many negatives about it, there are many games out there so we don't need to expect features from every game we have played in this. Just going to say the story is the best I've seen in a video game and the gameplay to back it up stands up, there is RPG elements to shape up the narrative and the world is draw droopingly beautiful - just what i expected from CDPR, i encountered maybe 2 bugs throughout the whole game on patch 1.04

No, not alone at all. I am playing on 1070 and honestly, i wasn't even expecting it to run on medium. It's on high and looks fantastic. I wasn't even going to play the game till i upgrade (but bought it on release day one - just because - and wouldn't return it if it didn't work on my specs - no way!) but heck it works and its awesome.

I'm loving every second of this game. The bugs are hardly noticeable. Hell I play high as fuck so all the bugs skip me by like they dont exist.

Same here, enjoying it and so far and no major glitches.
Getting between 60-70 fps, running it on i5-8600K overclocked to 4.2GHz, 32Gigs Ram, GeForce RTX 2060

Top Bottom