Really enjoying Cyberpunk. Am I alone ?

+
Your definitely not alone.

As you see below in no way do I think this game did not have its flaws but also don't think it deserves the amout of rage it is getting from some people.

8 million presales + player meticritic rating (pc)

User Score
7.1 Mixed or average reviews based on 21233 Ratings

Shows the game was not the "disastrous embarrassment hat will kill CDPR reputation" that some on the forum make it out to be. Personally I would give it a

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisficed and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Last edited:
Enjoying it on PC and only had a few bugs. One made a mission not complete so had to restart from before it but otherwise no real problems. Great quest design and writing, graphics are incredible, good music so much to like in this game. Can only agree with what's already posted here as to what could use some help. Optimistic that we'll see more in future updates

I really enjoyed my first playthrough and working on my second but have also ran into numerous issues, some of which were technical and others were narrative and design choices.
-I was really looking forward to exercising player agency on my second playthrough and am Using a different gender, background, and build. Seriously I am at level 38 and think I have used less than 2 perk points in the same skills. There are places in the game where this shines and I have a unique experience. There are others, notably around the main quest line which you are required to complete for progression, where the idea of making meaningful choices is a total illusion and I feel like I am watching the same movie for a second time.
-With regard to the bugs, most are immersion breaking, some are game breaking. The point is not that other games are buggy, the point is that this game was supposed to be better. Aspects of their open world are amazing but compared to The Witcher 3, or anything Rockstar has released in the last 10 years, it's a dumpster fire.

Oh gawwd yes I am enjoying it. I'm playing on a high end PC with a 34 inch curved Alienware monitor and the immersion level in the game is the best I've ever experienced. At 62 hours in and only halfway through the main story I still get mowed down in crosswalks because I stopped to stare up in awe at the city sights.

I wish I could give the Cd Projekt Red development team a big hug. I'm sure they need it at this point. {{{{CDPR}}}}

The photo mode is endless fun to play with, the music, the story, the city architecture, people watching, combat system, hacking being how stealth is accomplished. I could go on and on about what's good/great in this game. I'm still feeling blown away by the whole thing.

The biggest complaint I have is that I sit down for 2 hours of play, get up realizing that 8 hours has gone by and feel like it was only 20 minutes LOL. It's like a freaking time machine.

Cyberpunk-Bike2.jpg

Played and enjoyed for 92 hours now and completed almost everything in my first playthrough. ... well there are 3 missions i cant play cause they´re bugged and i cant even report them cause i need to do 10 posts :D

But still have to say this game is awesome in all ways. Sound, Music, the whole map, graphics, gameplay...just anything is great. ... except the playtime, the story is WAY to short tbh :(

Attachments

• 20201218055514_1.jpg
    20201218055514_1.jpg
    466.3 KB · Views: 31
I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. Have I experienced any bugs? Sure, but game-breaking? No. maybe it's my hardware, but the game runs fine and has never crashed. The first time a saw “V” on his motorbike T-Posed with his pants down I thought WTF. But hay patches and bug fixes will come. The game itself is totally awesome, immersive and enjoyable. Dam. I'm a rust player the games been out for 8 years and there still bugs in that.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.
The dildo should be made deployable as a hand weapon. I'd love to bludgeon an enemy to death using a rubber dildo.

yes I'm enjoying the game too ... started on PS4 but that's not the most fun at the launch, so I got me PC version on GOG as well. Gonna save the PS edition to replay once I own a PS5.

Its a pretty good experience on PC, considering the system requirements specified aim at 30fps. I'm still getting mostly 40-60 with 1440p with high settings on 5700XT and Ryzen 3700X. So not that much to complain here.

One killer setting is Volumetric Fog. Putting this from high to medium gave me a plus of 15fps average.

so yea, management fucked up with the release, but now CDPR can prove they live up their reputation and get it properly fixed. Just wait for the directors cut to get the finished final game :D Kinda same as with Witcher 3. OK that was not so kinda fubar broken on launch, but had its set of issues. All got fixed over time, that's what CDPR does. There too many devs out there who just abandon broken releases.

Dildos: Yes please, add melee dildos. As in Saints Row and games alike. It's alway hilarious fun busting heads with a 1.5m rubber schlong :D :D

You're not alone. 75h in, and I havent even cleared half of the points of interests on map.

If they keep updates coming, this game might be a masterpiece.

The best thing about it for me personally was how effortless it was to get a refund.

I'll check back in a year, maybe it'll be in a state worth playing then.

I've got 71 hours in so far and I'm having a lot of fun. What hit me right away and continues to amaze me is the incredible voice acting. Sure, the gangers and cops have a lot of repetitive lines (Helloooo... where ARRRE you...?) but the cast is done exceptionally well; even minor characters like Tom are emotive and immersive. There is a lot of personality in every character and in the story itself.

I understand that others are having less luck running the game smoothly and that the console versions are a mess but so far for me there have only been minor annoyances and a few serious but not game-breaking bugs. It's clear the developers put a lot of effort into this game and I hope one day soon everyone that wants to gets to enjoy it as much as I have.

I'm really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. Have I experienced any bugs? Sure, but game-breaking? No. maybe it's my hardware, but the game runs fine and has never crashed. The first time a saw “V” on his motorbike T-Posed with his pants down I thought WTF. But hay patches and bug fixes will come. The game itself is totally awesome, immersive and enjoyable. Dam. I'm a rust player the games been out for 8 years and there still bugs in that.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.
The dildo should be made deployable as a hand weapon. I'd love to bludgeon an enemy to death using a rubber dildo.

Today Cyberpunk is a simple story game. It is by no means a free open world game.
Too lack of detailed contents.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.

You can find dildo weapon... ;) After sex with one character... ;) :D

btw... yeah... i enjoing game too. i not understand all the hate.
Post automatically merged:

Finish the game and pls come here and write how you feel about the game...

Yeah, i complete main story. I see two ends. And what...? I am satisfied. The game is amazing. I can not wait for DLCs... :)

If you play this game as a linear action shooter, only doing main quests, and do not want anything more, then it may be cool.

But if you try to play it like the open-world RPG, then you will be disappointed.

I enjoyed it very much in my first playthrough. It's a good game (when bugs and performance issues are solved), but not great.

But what kept me was the solid writing and interest in knowing how the story would progress.

It sure had a lot of problems, many of them broke the immersion of this gorgeous world. The performance issues and animation bugs really harm the experience.

The character development is spot on. The songs and soundtrack are another high point of the experience. But there are a lot of problems that became bigger when the surprise factor isn't there anymore.

The unbalanced gameplay mechanics (which you don't notice in the first time as you choose and usually kept the same play style)
- If you make a silencer pistol/revolver build and play the game sneaking, you'll probably end up one shooting everyone. If you add the crafting to this formula you're almost a god - nothing can stop you. Add some SMG action to that to manage pistol ammo and you're gold.

In my second playthrough I'm playing with assault rifles, light machine guns, shotguns, sniper rifles and melee - And the assault rifles, LMG and snipers are almost useless.
- The fire rate are too low, they weight too much in inventory, do less damage, have a very slow reloading time and enemies takes a lot more bullets to drop dead.
- It's almost like the ones that made the adjustments to the pistol/revolver damage and assault, LMG, and snipers had a totally diferent concept in mind.
- Same goes to Shotguns - the guy that made the reloading adjustments to the double barrel shotgun had Doom 2016 combat pace in mind, and the guy that did the other shotguns reloading animations had RDR 2 combat pacing in mind.

But, now that I'm in a second run, and I'm testing some other mechanics, it's really disappointing to see that the game have a lot those gameplay issues, and some other immersion issues (artificial reaction to what player does in Night City is a good example).

Night City is a place for you to work on missions, not to hang out.

Another thing is that the gangs lore were more showed in the promo materials than in the game itself. The player never gets to choose to became an ally to the Maelstroms, or the Animals, and just have some mandatory side quests from fixers and that's it. Most jobs from fixers and from the NCPD makes you confront the gangs - there's no other option.

The problem with this is that you can kill a lot of Maelstrom members in side missions, but if you save Brick or tell Royce about Meredith's scheming, you're gold with them in the main story. This is very artificial and immersion breaking.

Another thing is that Pacifica was clearly rushed, despite being one of the main things on game trailers.

So, in the end, without the surprises of the main story, it feels like playing a multiplayer game with a lot of grinding, but in a single player format. For me it's a mix between The Division 2 with Deus Ex like mechanic.

It's a good game, but it's like a duck - it flies, it runs and swim, but it doesn't shine in any of these things. As I said in the beggining: a good game (when bugs and performance issues are solved), but not great (like Witcher 3 was).

All about expectations. Keep them low and you can have some fun in this story heavy looter. If you expected the game changing RPG that CDPR was claiming to be delivering and are happy receiving this I think you are being very generous to them.

I have recalibrated my expectations and yes, I am having some fun booting around on my motorbike chopping off heads with my katana looking for legendary loot.

But I will not be fooled by CDPR again. 😕

It's as I've said earlier, the next three to six months are crucial for the success of this game and, on a more minor note, whether I'll be a repeat customer of CDPR or not. This is my first purchase of a CDPR game, and yes, I am having fun, and yes, I do think this game is a diamond in the rough. The question is: will CDPR deliver on what they promised the game would be? If, in the next three to six months, I see them making a good faith effort to do this, then I'll be more likely to purchase more games from them in the future. If not, then yes, I'm going to be very wary about doing any more business with CDPR or its GOG subsidiary. The ball is in CDPR's court now--I'm pulling for them to turn this 75% game I'm playing now into a 95+% game (I don't give 100% scores) Please, CDPR, if you're reading this, deliver.

I want something... more tangible... are the devs going to come on and tell us why the game is in the state it is in... why the content is missing... i have my game like everyone; else but i refuse download anymore official patches period.

im having a blast with the glitches and bugs. Climbed Arasaka tower, went multimillionaire, have crafted almost every weapon in the game. and still have a lot of missions to go.

Made a baseball bat with over 2000 DPS so i can one shot almost everyone in the game

i'm about 30% of the story missions.

I could never imagine a game this broken could be that much fun.

Soon i will have unlocked every perk in the game also.

The real fun part is to feel badass and reck mayhem on the enemy and NPCs
If the police spawns you just run away!

I'm Good here so far...
Runs great, 2 small glitches so far...
I've had trouble with GTA-V, RDR2, L.A. Noire, AC-Origins and some others
BUT NOT THIS GAME... it hit the ground running well... right from the start

GT83VR TITAN SLI (7th Gen) (GTX 1070 SLI)
Laptop (portable desktop)
i7, 48gig ram, 2xGTX-1070's, 8TB of SSD's total storage

I am enjoying the game as well on a decent PC; there are a lot of bugs, especially as you progress further in the game, but as long as you save often it is not a massive issue so far (will have to see if I eventually run into the corrupt save bug as I progress further). No crashes at least so far.

The bigger problem is that apart from the many bugs, there are core systems that need to be significantly improved in the game that is probably going to be the harder aspect to fix. Not going into it here as there are countless posts on this already.

Hopefully CDPR can deliver the fixes and gameplay improvements that the game deserves; there is definitely a lot of potential here.

The Negatives
More Joytoys are needed.

No, you are not. It just depends on what you want from the Game. It is an awesome generic one shot adventure!

But if you want to play in the major league you will be treated like that. (see more and more parallels between jacki and Cyberpunk....)

As a triple A master piece wanna be, well it got... "insert wall of text" flaws and i am not thinking of bugs, because they can fix that part. But music and graphics are dope at least.

150h in 9 days btw xD

Top Bottom