''Reason of State'' Quest Failed in the end of main quest

+
''Reason of State'' Quest Failed in the end of main quest

The quest ''Reason of State'' went from Completed to Failed when On Thin Ice started in the final main quest. For no reason.The game is update to 1.07..and the side quest '' The Nobleman and The Soldier Statuette'' is still bugged,i'm in act 3 and if i talk about the statue to Triss,during the quest ''Blindlingly Olivious'' she start to walk in circle,but if i ask after complete the quest of Philippa,she became stuck in the house where she was in Novigrad,without option to finish the quest and i must say that during act 1 i had complete the quest '''' The Nobleman statue'' ,but after complete the quest '''Blindlingly Olivious'',it's return in my diary..(and it's bugged).Please make a retro-fix..Thanks Dear Guys at Cd Project Red,please fix..
Bug.Bug.Everywhere.
The 1.08 patch DIDN'T HAVE FIX ANY OF THIS BUGS,come on guys..possibly before November..:sadtriss:
I love Triss and i want to do the stuck quest only for speak with her...

Last edited:
I experienced the same issue. Since I got this at the end of the game, it totally changed my outcome. I didn't get the ending I should have gotten. I do not know how they could correct this retroactively given that I am already past the cut-scenes. This is a disappointment.

Uh, this sounds like a pretty gigantic bug since it changes the outcome of the ending of the game. This is the first I'm hearing of it, I'm wondering if its not well-known since it requires finishing the MQ to trigger the bug.

I have the same bug. Radovid dead (killed by Philippa Eilhart), Dijkstra dead, Vernon Roche and Thaler saved. The quest was marked as completed. But just before the battle on Undvik the quest failed for no reasons. Total disappointment.

Same thing happened to me on my recent playthrough on Death March. I completed this playthrough post-patch 1.07 when the bug occurred although it looked like I got the ending I was supposed to. *Spoiler* I helped kill Radovid and let Dijkstra live this time around. Ending showed Dijkstra become ruler of the North and Emhyr was killed. So for me, as far as I can tell, it was only an issue with the quest being completed then saying failed for whatever reason near the end of the game.

I'm okay with Skellige's Most Wanted, The Soldier Statuette, Collect 'Em All bugs. They aren't story-related. But this one is.

I had this happen as well in my last playthrough but the ending was not affected.
Radovid is dead in both cases. 1) Dijkstra alive, Vernon Roche and his allies dead. 2) Dijkstra dead, Roche and his allies alive. So how can you tell that the ending isn't affected? Does it say anything about the independence (autonomy) of Temeria?

Radovid is dead in both cases. 1) Dijkstra alive, Vernon Roche and his allies dead. 2) Dijkstra dead, Roche and his allies alive. So how can you tell that the ending isn't affected? Does it say anything about the independence (autonomy) of Temeria?
Not 100% sure. I think it did mention the independence of Temeria but I have to dig up the save and replay the ending to confirm it.

The quest ''Reason of State'' went from Completed to Failed when On Thin Ice started in the final main quest. For no reason.The game is update to 1.07..and the side quest '' The Nobleman and The Soldier Statuette'' is still bugged,i'm in act 3 and if i talk about the statue to Triss,during the quest ''Blindlingly Olivious'' she start to walk in circle,but if i ask after complete the quest of Philippa,she became stuck in the house where she was in Novigrad,without option to finish the quest and i must say that during act 1 i had complete the quest '''' The Nobleman statue'' ,but after complete the quest '''Blindlingly Olivious'',it's return in my diary..(and it's bugged).Please make a retro-fix..Thanks Dear Guys at Cd Project Red,please fix..
Bug.Bug.Everywhere.

I have read the changelog of the upcoming 1.08 patch and THERE ISN'T nothing about a fix for this quest..please be clear if this quests are fixed or not in the next patch..
Very Thanks For Your Hard Work guys at Cd Project Red..

Reason of state will fail, even if you have completed it. It will have failed and completed status at the same time. The'witcher' ending is not affected, though. I have the same bug but so far I did not aim for any different ending than Zirael.

Same here, had the bug but it didn't affect my ending, Radovid and Dijkstra deas, Roche and Ves alive, ciri Empress, Temeria restored.

I'm nearing the end of the game (On Thin Ice just started) and in the initial cutscene, as the battle begins, I got a quest update saying Reason of State had failed...even though I had finished it: obvious spoiler warning, although at this point in the thread I guess it doesn't matter:

*SPOILER: I helped Roche and allies and killed Dijkstra. I didn't experience any bugs or any characters getting stuck, or anything like that. The quest was in my 'Completed' log, ending with a line talking about Geralt defending his friends.

Then the endgame starts, and I get 'Quest Failed,' same as everyone else, apparently. I checked the 'updated' log for the quest, and it says that I helped my allies, then at the end, there's a paragraph describing how Geralt got involved in politics, but ultimately left everyone to their own devices so he could battle the Wild Hunt. So it's like I helped them and I didn't help them; completed and failed at the same time, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm also on 1.07.

I'm going to go ahead and complete the game as I'm so close to the ending, I'm sure. I'm hoping the story for that part in the epilogue isn't affected, but oh well... I'm hoping it gets fixed in the next patch. I have a few saves leading up to the final part of the game. Hopefully I can just reload one of those.

edit: Okay, just finished the game. I was worried for a little bit that I might get a different ending, because the Nilfgaardian soldiers were pulling out of Temeria (which I figured would happen, anyway)...mostly because I heard one of them tell another to hurry up with a wheel, unless they'd like to stay behind for Radovid's forces to arrive. Well, regardless, the epilogue ended with the outcome I had originally expected, so I guess the issue is mostly in the quest log. I noticed that the glitched quest update (the one that set it to 'failed') shows up in a separate paragraph, like the other updates, except there's no space between paragraphs like there normally is. So it goes from the original 'completed' update, which has a space paragraph of its own, and then goes right to the 'failed' state paragraph, no space between paragraphs. This 'failed' state for the quest persists after the game ends and you're back in Kaer Morhen, with the message saying that you can explore and complete quests.

Last edited:
The 'Reason of state' quest has a minor issue with journal entry which always displays it as 'failed', yet it is still considered by the game as 'completed' if quest conditions are met.
If you want to get Ciri Empress ending, you should be still able to do that if you successfully finished 'Reason of state'.

The 'Reason of state' quest has a minor issue with journal entry which always displays it as 'failed', yet it is still considered by the game as 'completed' if quest conditions are met.
If you want to get Ciri Empress ending, you should be still able to do that if you successfully finished 'Reason of state'.

Thank you for explaining this, while I hope it gets fixed, This was my second completion of the game, I made all the right choices as before with Ciri the first time around and she became a Witcher (I did not do the Reason of state quest then). 2nd time,
made the same Ciri choices, completed Reason of State (See attached screenshots) said I failed like it has for the others, but I do not like how it changed the ending. Ciri with the correct choices, because of her love for Geralt should still become a witcher.
This should be changed, I am not pleased

Attachments

• Reason of State (Not) Failed.jpg
    Reason of State (Not) Failed.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Reason of State (Not) Failed2.jpg
    Reason of State (Not) Failed2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited by a moderator:
The 1.08 patch DIDN'T HAVE FIX ANY OF THIS BUGS,come on guys..possibly before November..:sadtriss:
I love Triss and i want to do the stuck quest only for speak with her...

Top Bottom