Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
I am hoping for a simple toggle that let's you skip the 3-4 hour prologue/ tutorial slog that's exactly the same every single time and just start you at level 5 or so with 5 perk points after you take the red pill in your apartment to make Johnny go away for a bit. It's an easy change that will make the game so much more fun for us character ADD players.

Also a way to label manual save games so I can quickly tell my sniper build from my smart gun build from my Etc build.

Devs need to add street names to the map. It will be more immersive. You can do a small quest: when you first open a map, its free version is displayed (with playing in-game ads). A marker appears at the public terminal, and a message that you can buy an extended or full version of the map. The extended version is the one currently in the game. Complete - with street names on it.

I would just like to see all of the immersion breaking bugs and annoying anomalies introduced in a future hotfix:

1. Fix Evelyn's handbag so that it's not stuck to her hand. (as noted in The Information)
2. Fix Monowire so that it doesn't break shoulder mesh when it is installed.
3. Fix the random vehicle spawning so that they don't integrate on a solid object and result in damage to the vehicle.
4. Fix V's vehicles so that they despawn when not in use.

There's lots of stuff that would be nice but there are still downright embarrassing problems. Athletics levelling, the throwing knives skill, a handful of things about the mantis blades, torso clothing breaks the female V model half the time, the police still feel like they're from an early access indie game.

Just release a final bug fix. Additionnal systems or gimmicks will only break other still functionnal part of the game. Let the modders finish the game and let the devs clean the mess.
A modders friendly tool would be great.

There's lots of stuff that would be nice but there are still downright embarrassing problems. Athletics levelling, the throwing knives skill, a handful of things about the mantis blades, torso clothing breaks the female V model half the time, the police still feel like they're from an early access indie game.

There is a menu pause glitch that allows you to get around Athletics leveling which IMO should remain as it is. Call it a feature. The Berserk glitch for leveling Athletics is definitely broken and needs fixing.

Clothing and monowire breaking the models is unacceptable and needs to be addressed really soon.
Just release a final bug fix. Additionnal systems or gimmicks will only break other still functionnal part of the game. Let the modders finish the game and let the devs clean the mess.
A modders friendly tool would be great.
Letting modders finish the game does not exactly help the console players who own CP2077. Any solutions should benefit all consumers.

Not really.

It's not GTA but CP2077 tries hard to be it: from the stars of the wanted system to car hijacking, to the "police" miniquests.
It's as if the game was not supposed to have anything in common with the GTA franchise but someone decided to implement (or rather rush) GTA-style features, maybe because GTA is a huge commercial success...
police miniquests arent original to gta, and here they exist primarily as a prop to develop the concept of a crime ridden city.

Gta, that stuff is the gameplay.

Cyberpunk that stuff sets the scene and exposes lore. every assault has a story, many of them are inter related with other characters and events happening in the city. Cyberpunk is a hand crafted city and narrative, Gta is a fantasy procedural simulation.

These are fundamentally different designs and priorities.

Cyberpunk the open world exists primarily to further develop the lore and the story

GTA the open world exists to create emergent gameplay, its a playground.

Now, it might be great to merge both, but its not realistic for this developer, at this time. And it would be something that hasn't happened yet, a game with the depth of narrative, lore, storytelling design(down to the environments) of 2077 and also be a functioning, simulation city? Much less with the density of resources of cyberpunk?

You are asking a lot. Its easy to think of the idea, why not implement two things at an extremely high level, but in reality its very hard, and almost always the dev has one design element that is the core one, where most resources are spent.

What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)

An actual noticeable improvement to graphics and playability on XB1. And PS4, I don't doubt they need it too.
That's the least I personally want to see... I won't go in to all the missing features and glitches that need fixing.

I have few issues with the game and enjoy it aside from the intro. Please please please let us have a toggle in the creation screen that let's us skip the prologue/tutorial and start the game at level 5 in your apartment after that initial arguement with Johnny. You know, when the game actually starts and you can leave Watson. Replayability is really painful once you have done the 4+ hours or so of the same things over and over with no real option to skip. If I have to spend 10 more minutes in Deshawns car talking about going out in a blaze of glory I am going to pull my hair out

I have few issues with the game and enjoy it aside from the intro. Please please please let us have a toggle in the creation screen that let's us skip the prologue/tutorial and start the game at level 5 in your apartment after that initial arguement with Johnny. You know, when the game actually starts and you can leave Watson. Replayability is really painful once you have done the 4+ hours or so of the same things over and over with no real option to skip. If I have to spend 10 more minutes in Deshawns car talking about going out in a blaze of glory I am going to pull my hair out
Ok, you really want that (in view of the number of messages posted), but there is little/no chance that this will happen and posting the same many will not help anymore ;)

Why is that? Most games have a way to skip the tutorial so that returning players dont have to waste their time over and over. Very little is done in this prologue/tutorial segment of the game that has any effect later on. The Stout thing is the only one I can think of. This improves game play and replayability drastically and saves everyone 4+ hours of their life so they can get to the game.

Not gonna happen.
Post automatically merged:

Why is that? Most games have a way to skip the tutorial so that returning players dont have to waste their time over and over. Very little is done in this prologue/tutorial segment of the game that has any effect later on. The Stout thing is the only one I can think of. This improves game play and replayability drastically and saves everyone 4+ hours of their life so they can get to the game.
You already 'skip the tutorial' when you sit in the car with Jackie.

I think that not counting Stout,there are 2 other decisions/actions that propagate down the line in side quests and main story quests. Don't think is going to be implemented,since there are dialogs and npcs involved.

Sigh. I have my issues with the game but these comments are so tiresome. If y'all are gonna criticize them as they actively work to improve the game, why should they even bother?

But are they working to improve the game?
Or, more specifically, are they working on the specific issues about which the most complaints have been raised? Or are they just putting lipstick on a pig, band-aids over gaping chest wounds?

Cuz, so far, it seems like the latter, like they're fixing the superficial things and not the fundamental, structural problems within the game.

Provide constructive feedback or check up on the game in a years time and THEN complain if these issues are still not fixed.

"Constructive feedback" seems to be a subjective, personal thing; one person's "suggestions" are another person's "screaming tantrum", especially online. One person says, "Fix the thing that really stinks!" and another person hears, "A way to improve things!" while a third hears, "HATE! HATE! HATE!"
And it's not up to you when people are allowed to complain, after all, and if we don't complain now, when is the game gonna be fixed/improved...and more importantly, in what manner will it be fixed/improved?

The EXCESSIVELY long movie sequence with little to no player input between chapters 1 and 2 I could also live without. I am forced to watch it through since it literally is just a movie. I can't be arsed to go measure it right now but my gut feeling says its 10 to 15 minutes of cinematic with no player input whatsoever.

If they want to make movies why don't they just make movies. Leave making games to game companies.

I know I'm not the only one requesting and writing about this in the forum, but I would definitely like a way to customize the vehicules we have. The same could be done with the clothes we have, perhaps through a free transmog system.

Cuz, so far, it seems like the latter, like they're fixing the superficial things and not the fundamental, structural problems within the game.
Your definition of superficial might not cross pollenate with someone else's, so what do you mean by "superficial" and how does that differentiate from "functional / structural."

For example, is the fact that monowire still breaks shoulder mesh after several hotfixes a cosmetic issue that should be put on the back burner, or do you feel like it should be a priority fix because the visual effect it has on V can be considered to be immersion breaking and limit player choice of what cyberware to install?

Some fixes that might not seem important to you may be very important to someone else. If the fix you want is really important to you, you should be reporting it to the CDPR devs through the proper channels. Complaining about it in the forums will not give your issue the attention you think it deserves.
I have few issues with the game and enjoy it aside from the intro. Please please please let us have a toggle in the creation screen that let's us skip the prologue/tutorial and start the game at level 5 in your apartment after that initial arguement with Johnny. You know, when the game actually starts and you can leave Watson..
So what's it to be, guy? Start the game after your argument with Johnny, or start it when you are level 5? If you are actively exploring Watson, doing gigs for Regina and the NCPD, building your street cred / arsenal, and upgrading cyberware , you may be as high as Lvl 12 or so and possess several Epic or Legendary items by the time you get around to doing the Heist.

Not everyone speed runs like you do.

I think there should be some way to FF through the cutscenes after you beat the game for the first time (what RPG doesn't have an NG+ feature), but Act II starts when you decide that it should start.

Top Bottom