Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
I have a lore reason for all the traffic jams you see. It works very good with the Role Playing element.
A traffic jam occurs for 50% becasue the driver has a cyberware malfunction resulting in either loss of limbs, eyesight. Shut down of body parts or other paralyzing, or paralysis inducing elements that either make the driver literally unable to continue driving, or are effectively helpless to continue driving by themselves.
Source of this inspiration (albeit a bit dark in nature) Loviisa Kaukonen internet story.
I loved it, CDPR should include in shard,advertisements in-game and the 1st conversation you have in-game :"you know V that traffic used to be more fluid in the past?"

Hello and thanks for the great patch CDPR, I hope you're feeling strong going forward.

I know this is all just some "good to have" features that we're all fine waiting to get right for perhaps in coming month or two in future, so take your time to fix these in any order possible.

Change #1
Retaining information about citizens and cars when looking away and fixing some of the pathing issues.

Change #2
The gangwars / conflicts / hostage-situations shown in blue are changed into an actual EVENTS with timers that occasionally spawn for players to solve, rather than stay in infinite conflict before player arrives to solve them. The city needs to feel like things are EMERGING than continuously happening at all times.

Change #3
Separate Car sales into a new window and show what the car to buy is or change the shop into online service rather than someone personally asking you to buy a car.
And generally more polish into the map design, ability to filter out and search for stuff more easily in UI.

Change #4
The final polish into police mechanism they must have been working for a long while.

Better working police drone; sweeping area with scan, checking the dead body before alarm turns into 1.
Putting police cars in traffic and activating them to chase you.
Using AV's to drop the MaxTac units. (maybe making some changes for later to allow aerial conflicts perhaps in expansion or DLC, especially for multiplayer next year)

Change #5
Making the traffic AI more flexible to allow cars to move even if there's just tiny obstacle on the way.

Some advanced variant of the AI used in Arasaka Trucks when you're using them to enter into their facility, where they're moving away from stopped car in front of them.

Change #6
Making weapons and clothing more rarer loot and giving more easily sellable high price "junk" to reduce insane amount of constant selling the game is requiring from a player. Drop more crafting items rather than force players to develop strategies like sell weapons and break down clothing into components.

Change #7
Making consumables rarer and more powerful.

I think they're currently very laughable (well haven't checked in 1.2 yet but I assume they're much the same), stuff like "makes your character heal from fire" or other unique drugs that make you change the way you play. Make it possible to spread chaos with fire or gas and what normally would harm you, would heal you instead.

Also some quick slots would be nice addition for these items.

Change #8
Making internet more meaningful than just 6-7 different pages about NCPD or some stuff you can't visit. Add ability to do mercenary quests by clicking an ad for "NCPD wants YOU to help us fight crime!" where you're handed a quest chain to solve mysterious murders. Other ad could be "Do you want to be a Hitman?" where you're assigned task of taking down high level targets. Have option to buy yourself one night stand online etc. Plenty of stuff you could order.

Change #9
The TV channels need MUCH MUCH better UI. Like a simple channel menu would be enough.

Maybe because of the previously mentioned, I feel that only a little is shown about the actual world outside of Night City so if there would be possible to create more infomercials about the DANGERS OF EUROPE or something crazy. I guess we're only shown how northern European countries have problem with mass migration, but we don't really see what happens for example Spain or China or Germany. In general also there's not that too much corruption shown outside of few TV broadcasts, so I think there's definitely more to improve there. Is there going to be new countries like United Scandinavia? United Kingdom of Franks coming back?

Maybe some imagery of wars with more advanced tanks? Possibilities of alien encounters, even if they're primitive? Making some joke reference about Avatar movie, where the primitive aliens get wiped out by the people just "want to defend their precious harvesters" from the savages.

I think there's generally a quite large story in the TV and it's a great gem that really fulfills the experience.

Change #10
Edit and change some of the quick time events, especially in main quests, either by removing them or introducing some consequence if you fail the event at the right time.

Change #11
UI changes like:
- Dialing people should be more visually appealing UI, instead of bland text have pictures of the characters in 3x5 phone UI and when howering over them, showing their name. Names and icons should appear in either most recent contact or the naming order.
- You should be able to see the clothing on you before purchasing it or before wearing it
- Quests should have more information regarding to the task, some picture about the scene or the target for example

Change #12
Better tools to manage messages and shards. Categories, putting them in groups, search options, organizing them by their type etc. Take an example of how the modern UI's in android for example organize messages and chats.

Change #13
Minimap zooms out based on driving speed.

Last edited:
Please fix the bugs and forget about police cars.
There are over 30 abilities not working correctly so please fix them before you add anything to the game.
Also allow us to select what to show on the map like 3 or 4 things at the same time.

Change #1
Retaining information about citizens and cars when looking away.

Putting police cars in traffic and activating them to chase you.

Change #5
Making the traffic AI more flexible to allow cars to move even if there's just tiny obstacle on the way.
IMHO none of these is possible in this iteration of REDengine. The pathfiding system is not sophisticated enough. And CDPR will not redesign the engine for the game that is already released.

Unfortunately, you will never get what you want in the next patches for CP2077.

How do you know? Do you work there?
You were sure that the latest patch will contain car chases. Because it's so easy to implement this feature, right?

Please, notice what happens if V tries to call his vehicle in some complex enviroment... Observe NC traffic... Pay attention to what happens when you ride as a passenger with some other character behind the wheel...

You might come to some interesting conclusions.

You do not have to believe me. You will find out if I am right in the next few months.

Last edited:
You were sure that the latest patch will contain car chases. Because it's so easy to implement this feature, right?

Please, notice what happens if V tries to call his vehicle in some complex enviroment... Observe NC traffic... Pay attention to what happens when you ride with some other character behind the wheel...

You might come to some interesting conclusions.

You do not have to believe me. You will find out if I am right in the next few months.
Just because you don't see something present or something is not working properly in the game, it doesn't mean the game engine is not capable of doing it, it was simply not yet implemented.

Only CDPR know what the RED engine can or can't do.

Why do people insist on doing this?
Because we're all unqualified experts, we haven't read the rulebook, apparently some of us thought it was a Dark Future session and now we want to tell the gm how to run the campaign :ROFLMAO:
Gonna do it anyway.......

I recon there will be hotfixes not a massive patch.

Fixes for bugs and crashes

Cops in cars and chases..... nope I think unlikely, there isn't a mechanic for it. The chases in the game are all scripted so I think it is as likely as my dream of flying cars.... maybe in next CP game as part of their "iteration" strategy

Small changes to effects of perks so they work.... yup seems likely already patches exploits so why not fixes

Npc behaviour tweaks... seems likely they've already done a bit so maybe more as they work it out.

Balancing of weapons..... yup

Minor dlc? Dunno tattoo studio, car paintshop (seem like they're already existing mechanics so you could tweak easily?)

Not expecting a revolution.

What should be fixed? (Reasonable expectations)
Now it's time to fix all the broken perks/abilities/stats.

I mean... how can you play a "Role Playing Game" with 30-35% of the rpg mechanics in the game not working properly?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:
show.png

WHY IS THIS IN THE GAME???

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be faster to say "i want the GTA sandbox"? I doubt that is gonna happen,the focus of the game is not that and might require significant changes to the game engine. Realistically,they might be able to solve traffic jams and de-spawning radius of cars/npcs(but you will for sure pay a price in performance).

People just want a GTA clone in the Cyberpunk universe. Why? I don't get this.
You should play The Witcher 3 (a good chunk of you, complaining, probably haven't) and compare it to CP2077. Seen the crowds there? Yup. Were they complex? You don't know. Did it even matter? No. Did you get any wanted levels from the guards? Nope. Did it even matter? Not at all. Noticed what you're mostly doing there? Quests, progressing the main story with occasional explorations and D-tours.

Who needs realistic pedestrians in this game? With complex routines, no less. Is that your goal here, to observe the pedestrians? Really?
Get angry or sad for collision with their cars and chase after V, why? You can always boot up GTAV/RDR(2) and make all that happen to scratch that itch, you don't need a lore and narration heavy game to give you those features. And that stupid fucking police thing again keeps coming up...

You, guys, already have more than 5 decent Rockstar games where you can play with pedestrians, enjoy your little police chases, start public massacres for giggles, etc. Not to mention knock-offs and clones.
CDPR have their formula and it's proven to be good, effective and worth applying, don't try to ruin it. You don't know what you're asking.
Interesting conclusion, yet I must disagree. Promises of immersive environment had been feed to community throughout last months before the release. CP was advertised as a product which gives players a a significant level of liberty. Surely, no one reasonable expected a GTA-style sandbox, however people anticipated certain flexibility in terms of their choices, interactions with story or Night City itself.

Certainly, I wouldn't say that expecting a Police chase from sophisticated Product is something unreal in 2020. Back in 2002, small studio released a story based game which had similar mechanics. It was Mafia 1.

Such chases wouldn't have to be endless. As in Witcher 2, after passing a certain level of spree V could receive a fatal hit, which would end it. That's it. Drone strike/ sniper whatever.

Biggest weakness of Cyberpunk lays in unexplored potential of Night City. NPCs with full day cycle are irrational in an environment of such scale and complexity - true. I'd say that they are not needed here. However NPCs with hardcoded diverse behavioral patterns definitely are not an abstract, impossible concept.

It is so annoying to see clones taking same, irrational, theatrical poses each time you shot in public.

Cops, NPCs and cars spawning/disappearing before your eyes are something definitely wrong and should be considered a bug/mistake.

In my opinion it should be fixed.

Everyone appreciates enormous effort related to fixing the quests, now the time has come to deal with other aspects.

Last edited:

Guest 4400165

And don't you feel when you play and enjoy the city looking for stories and between missions that you are in a beautiful and dead place?

They tell a fantastic story and leave all the potential that the immense map has totally untapped. I don't want a GTA, but I do want the same immersion that I enjoy inside story missions, when I play outside of stories. It feels wasted, it is good that we demand that they advance along that path that has not yet been worked on.

If there are eating and drinking cinematics, why can't I eat and drink all over town?
Why if I am curious to know the city and I want to talk to an npc, he just tells me, leave me, go away, I am not interested in you? I do not ask for complex conversations but more work with the npcs and the AI.

Because if I have a fight in the street when I turn, all the npcs disappear? or why is the AI of cars so sad?

Don't you think it would make the game much better? I respect your opinion but mine is very respectable too. I have never played GTA nor will I play, Cyberpunk raises much more exciting things but it is half cooked ...

Patch 1.2 is welcome and we applaud the team for it, I haven't seen most of the bugs in my time played, but does CDPR consider the work on Cyberpunk 2077 finished? Hopefully not...
I'd like to see all that, but I don't think it is important. Realistic-ish NPCs would be a very nice thing to have, would certainly add hugely to the immersion, but in the big picture - far from essential. For the same reason we don't see protagonists in the movies do daily chores or something like that, unless it's a segue to something or a part of character development. Unless it's neither and it's just wasting our time.

I'm, surprisingly, okay with the random phrases the NPC throw when you walk by, push them walking/running, the rest is done by visual storytelling. Cowering and doing nothing? Well, they're civilians.
I agree, the game does give a feeling that some thing could've been done differently at times, and I wish some things wouldn't feel rushed, but it's a familiar feeling by now (VTMB, New Vegas, etc.). But they're moving in the right direction, who knows what's going to be changed and/or improved.

On the side note: so, CDPR gets thrown under the bus for not adding these features, but if we take Assassin's Creed games or Fallout 3/4 or any TES, FarCry, any AAA open-world game - NPCs are stupid and empty as they get, yet nobody demanded more realistic behaviour. This makes the whole thing even more weird to discuss.
Just a thought I had.

NPCs are stupid and empty as they get
They're actually more advanced in F3/F4/TES. They have daily routines and run away when gunfire starts.

While I agree that this game is not a GTA, it still has to posses some basic level of AI to support immersion.

No advanced police chases nor shop robbery, but more complex routines for NPCs, animated food consuming, basic interactivity with friendly NPCs -- all of this can be done without an engine overhaul.

Guest 4400165

Interesting conclusion, yet I must disagree. Promises of immersive environment had been feed to community throughout last months before the release. CP was advertised as a product which gives players a a significant level of liberty. Surely, no one reasonable expected a GTA-style sandbox, however people anticipated certain flexibility in terms of their choices, interactions with story or Night City itself.

Certainly, I wouldn't say that expecting a Police chase from sophisticated Product is something unreal in 2020. Back in 2002, small studio released a story based game which had similar mechanics. It was Mafia 1.

Such chases wouldn't have to be endless. As in Witcher 2, after passing a certain level of spree V could receive a fatal hit, which would end it. That's it. Drone strike/ sniper whatever.

Biggest weakness of Cyberpunk lays in unexplored potential of Night City. NPCs with full day cycle are irrational in an environment of such scale and complexity - true. I'd say that they are not needed here. However NPCs with hardcoded diverse behavioral patterns definitely are not an abstract, impossible concept.

It is so annoying to see clones taking same, irrational, theatrical poses each time you shot in public.

Cops, NPCs and cars spawning/disappearing before your eyes are something definitely wrong and should be considered a bug/mistake.

In my opinion it should be fixed.

Everyone appreciates enormous effort related to fixing the quests, now the time has come to deal with other aspects.
Okay, let's leave all "but we were promised by marketing material..." behind right away, everyone talked enough about it ever since the launch.
I don't get it, why we even need the police chasing V? It's not a GTA clone. You get the wanted notification - you run away. Done. Why would you want to see the police and fight them and try to reach the maximum wanted level? Or waste your time trying to run away from them?

The NPCs thing: you said, man - it's not important. I don't care what they're doing and how it looks, they're just a crowd to imitate busyness of the city and create a sense of some activity around you. Could've been done smoother, I guess, but whatever.
Btw, if you pay close attention to the NPCs in other games - you're in for some good chuckles.

In The Witcher games that was made on purpose - so you don't fuck around and break the lore by trying to murder all the guards or whatever's the goal. It's plain stupid and serves no purpose anyway. If you ask me, the game should give you 1-2 minutes to run away and spawn the MaxTac.

You can't apply the same standards to all games, otherwise the things will start looking very grim and depressing in the industry. You don't have to reply to these questions, but some food for thought: how come we get emptier, duller and more shallow games every year than 10-15 years ago, and they even receive praises and acclaimed "the best"?
Why good, experienced writers create stories, plots, characters and dialogues, so they look like a drunk 15 y/o kid wrote them in 30 minutes?
How come we're still getting pretty much the same games that follow industry trends and people aren't even realising this?
I won't give specific names of the franchises to avoid pointless off-topic discussion, but speaking of unfulfilled potential - yeah, there are far, far worse cases than CP.

ya1

Forum regular
To make any of the suggestions in the op a reality, they would probably have to redesign the AI from the ground up. Since this is one of the most talked about features, they probably try to do something about it. But I doubt it will go beyond inventing more bamboozles like respawning cars to mimic racing, respawning police to mimic GTA wanted system, fake routines, etc. I seriously doubt they will make new AI for this game to actually create complexity instead just an illusion of it. It's CDPR after all. The people in charge who are responsible for all that nonsense didn't go anywhere.

Could it be that the textures and rendering processes they are using is taking up all the cpu and that is why we havent seen any more ai additions?. Are they prioritising a pretty looking game over actual gameplay?

ya1

Forum regular
Could it be that the textures and rendering processes they are using is taking up all the cpu and that is why we havent seen any more ai additions?

According to some sources, many things in the game were made last minute. It's pretty obvious that the functioning AI was one of them. Though optimization is also not great, I think AI is just bad, and it has nothing to do with the taxing graphics.

Game is simply half-cooked. Too much money in marketing, not enough in development, bad planning and management, unclear vision, unrealistic goals. It all contributed.

I think that with each DLC they will complete what they brought as a preview.
every aspect of the game is incomplete
character creation
rpg element
shooter mechanic / stat
skill
AI
Etc

the next patches should bring stability which keeps jumping on one foot,
ex.: all trafic dissapear now xO going at a moderate speed down the road

Well there already exists a ton of mods that are capable of summoning the cars, so it's not like they should have problems doing that.
They already got police capable of chasing cars as is shown in here. Maybe they're working on implementing police cars in traffic and it requires multiple changes where you're adding a ton of if-statements and special logic for these cars, and the change wasn't able to get implemented in march patch.

I'm still quite confident they're able to pull that change in very near future, maybe some separate 1.21 - 1.22 patch along with some fixes to some new issues that may have arrived with 1.2 long list of changes.

Please, notice what happens if V tries to call his vehicle in some complex enviroment... Observe NC traffic... Pay attention to what happens when you ride as a passenger with some other character behind the wheel...
Yeah I've seen a ton of clips where you're able to stack the cars in one spot, so clearly there's some lack of logic there where the system doesn't recognize the space is already occupied. I think it's just a "bug" as it currently stands and shouldn't be that huge task to fix. I think the issue might be with curved surfaces where the logic doesn't recognize that spawn point there is a car 1 pixel above the point, so it puts it up there.

You will find out if I am right in the next few months.
Yes we shall see if things turn out better. I never really had much problems with the game even on launch so I'd be more interested about DLC content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom