Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
I'm still waiting for the roleplaying fix. I'm waiting for my game story choices to have an impact on the story. I'm still waiting for the RPG. So far, even after a good patch 1.2, and the patch is really good, I'm not ready to go back. I need more immersion in the process,more RPGs in Cyberpunk. And if that happens, I'll spend all my free time in Cyberpunk. I want CP2077 to be important to me,just like Mass Effect trilogy once was. I hope CDPR can do it
How is it your choices don't have an impact? ...What? Sure your choices may not change the main story itself, but depending on your choices you end up with 5 different endings - three of which have several different varations depending ON your choices. You choices throughout the game shape up what kind of person V is in so many ways. They shape the people around you and your relashionships with them and their stories. Hell Night city is a competely different place depending on which ending you pick.

How much did the story change in the Mass effect series depending on your choices? Oh that's right - not at all. You always ended up going through exactly the same story, slightly altered depending on your choices. Don't get me wrong. I love LOVE Mass effect. I lost count how many times I played through this game, but choices in CP are a lot more meaningful and deeper than most of your Paragon/Renagade decisions in ME, which many times boiled down to - do I want to complete this mission by being Mr.Nice guy or by being a hard ass, especially in the first two games. Only in the third your choices became more deeper and meaningful.

The story won't change, the choices given are not going to change. If you are waiting for that magical "fix" that will make you like the story more look forward to the DLC, but no patch is going to change that. The main story is what it is, like it or not, but calling the game not an RPG, because you don't like it is just wrong, sorry.

In The Witcher games that was made on purpose - so you don't fuck around and break the lore by trying to murder all the guards or whatever's the goal. It's plain stupid and serves no purpose anyway. If you ask me, the game should give you 1-2 minutes to run away and spawn the MaxTac.
Better working police drone; sweeping area with scan, checking the dead body before alarm turns into 1.
Putting police cars in traffic and activating them to chase you.
Using AV's to drop the MaxTac units.
I would like to see a mix of both in the future. Generally as Jackie said when MaxTac arrives everyone is fucked so no chance fighting against them or enormous police forces.

Last edited:
Story choices aren't gonna change with patches. Patches are supposed to fix things, not to expand the story or give more choices and consequences within the existing story. These are things that you can maybe expect from major DLCs and expansions, but we'll have to wait until next year for those.
I am ready to wait, as long as I wait and not be disappointed
Post automatically merged:

How is it your choices don't have an impact? ...What? Sure your choices may not change the main story itself, but depending on your choices you end up with 5 different endings - three of which have several different varations depending ON your choices. You choices throughout the game shape up what kind of person V is in so many ways. They shape the people around you and your relashionships with them and their stories. Hell Night city is a competely different place depending on which ending you pick.

How much did the story change in the Mass effect series depending on your choices? Oh that's right - not at all. You always ended up going through exactly the same story, slightly altered depending on your choices. Don't get me wrong. I love LOVE Mass effect. I lost count how many times I played through this game, but choices in CP are a lot more meaningful and deeper than most of your Paragon/Renagade decisions in ME, which many times boiled down to - do I want to complete this mission by being Mr.Nice guy or by being a hard ass, especially in the first two games. Only in the third your choices became more deeper and meaningful.

The story won't change, the choices given are not going to change. If you are waiting for that magical "fix" that will make you like the story more look forward to the DLC, but no patch is going to change that. The main story is what it is, like it or not, but calling the game not an RPG, because you don't like it is just wrong, sorry.
Well ..so far CP2077 for me is more of a shooter than an RPG

I didn't say I didn't like the game. I expect it to develop as an rpg and I don't expect it from the patch. I just said what I expect from the game in general

Last edited:
I am ready to wait, as long as I wait and not be disappointed

I didn't say I didn't like the game. I expect it to develop as an rpg and I don't expect it from the patch. I just said what I expect from the game in general
There is a whole "is this game a rpg" thread,but as somebody pointed you are asking for a whole new game(new branches that close other,ending,dialog),not a patch.
Ps: on a side note,more decisions not linked to character stats/class/archetype but decided by the player without restriction...is less RPG(baldur's gate iii is implementing dialogs based on stats+dice rolling,so you can even fail dialogs)

There is a whole "is this game a rpg" thread,but as somebody pointed you are asking for a whole new game(new branches that close other,ending,dialog),not a patch.
Ps: on a side note,more decisions not linked to character stats/class/archetype but decided by the player without restriction...is less RPG(baldur's gate iii is implementing dialogs based on stats+dice rolling,so you can even fail dialogs)
No, I don't need a new game,but maybe the DLC will be able to expand this one. And for the future, to anyone who wants to correct me or react aggressively to my comments.I love CP2077 , I just want it to become something more!

No, I don't need a new game,but maybe the DLC will be able to expand this one. And for the future, to anyone who wants to correct me or react aggressively to my comments.I love CP2077 , I just want it to become something more!
If i offended or sounded agressive, i apologize was not the intention. But still,i think that you expect too much from a patch.

I don't think I reacted aggressively. I simply pointed out that your statement is false from where I am standing, since your choices in the game do affect the story of V in many different ways. If you don't consider this game an RPG, because your choices don't change the overall main story you probably shouldn't consider Mass effect, Dragon age, Witcher, Skyrim and many other games RPGs as well.

Anyway that's going way off topic. You are free to your opinions of course, just, as I am free to disagree with them.

As for the question on topic. My expactations are further improvements and more content added with further patches, DLC's and expansions and I am happy to wait.

CDPR explained rather clearly this in their latest "strategy update" video. They went from pure rpg (first Witcher) to rpg/action hybrid (Witcher 3) to rpg/action/shooter (CP77). Seems like they're aiming to include more and more elements from other genres with every iteration of their IPs. I'm actually ok with that, as long as there is a nice balance between the different elements.

And i still don't understand why people continue with this "but there are no choices or consequences" thing regarding CP. I see plenty. Lot of endings, all very different, and you can miss some of them if you don't do your fair bit of side quests earlier on. A lot of story missions, expecially (but not only) in chapter one, have different ways to approach them and different outcomes. OF COURSE there are big things you can't change in the plot, because the story has to build up to them. Yes, there are things added in the game just for flavor, like a lot of timed dialogue options and different answers that have the same outcome, but honestly that's the same in basically every game from the last 20 years or so. Then again, there are other dialogue choices that definitely DO have consequences, maybe they don't change the story in a big way, but they have an impact.

CDPR always focused on STORY-DRIVEN single-player rpgs. For a game to be Story-Driven, well, there has to be a Story. You can of course influence how the story flows here and there, but it's not like they can create 200 different plots where every possible choice the player would like to make can be fully represented. This would be time and money-consuming beyond imagination, expecially with triple A graphics and technology.

If i offended or sounded agressive, i apologize was not the intention. But still,i think that you expect too much from a patch.
Not you, it's all right. I addressed this to everyone at once.

I don't think I reacted aggressively. I simply pointed out that your statement is false from where I am standing, since your choices in the game do affect the story of V in many different ways. If you don't consider this game an RPG, because your choices don't change the overall main story you probably shouldn't consider Mass effect, Dragon age, Witcher, Skyrim and many other games RPGs as well.

Anyway that's going way off topic. You are free to your opinions of course, just, as I am free to disagree with them.

As for the question on topic. My expactations are further improvements and more content added with further patches, DLC's and expansions and I am happy to wait.
I can be wrong, of course, I can expect the wrong thing. In any case, thank you for your opinion.

stop wanting everything took a GTA-like.
CDPR must listen to the community that liked TW3.
police chases, talking to all the random NPCs who cares.
that they fix all the bugs and crash and then concentrate on adding scripted quests in the DLC rather than car custom.
we have very interesting secondary characters but they disappear completely from the main scenario suddenly.
adding quests with his LI and friends and quests on the lore of the city, would be much more immersive and interesting than focusing on random NPCs and the sorry police. Hoping that CDPR provides this for the DLC as they are excellent in writing quests and characters so please develop them :D

So i dont know if somebody said that before... Sure it would be great that if youre in a car after/during a crime, then a car chase would start. But wouldnt it be great that if you just stand somewhere, a flying police car would be fly right over you and some policeman lower down a rope instead of spawning somewhere else (a few streets away)?

I see more bugs in the game then before:
- Weapon comparison with a lot of mods applied on still doesnt work (flickering or not showing the information)
- Half of the time the pictures of weapons or mods are just not loading inside menu, empty rectangle
- Items often cannot be picked up - they are either underground or below grass or whatever
- I saw dead bodies hanging in the air
- The task with the talking vending machine was completed - now its marked as uncompleted without any interaction
- they only inserted "select number of items to produce" for ammo - BUT NOT FOR ITEMS!?!? Do you know how often do you have to klick to produce epic or legendary item components from ordinary or green ones???? hundreds and hundreds of times!
- "Second Opinion" ("Death and Taxes") pistol stil not accesible, but mentioned in the manual book
- the grenades now are better to distinguish, but the menu pictures look like from a comic and don't fit the atmosphere of the game
- photo mode became very slow and lagging
and so on...

Forget it, they will not address any real issues. They would have to rework whole systems from the ground up. Too much effort, it's easier to just pretend the problem is not there.

I agree. The problem is still that the game that was hyped, does not exist. The renaming from RPG to action adventure basically tells you everything. I had a fun ride on the one playthrough. Was it bad? no. But as it is as of now, i see no replay value. That would require them to completely rework the game. Im not going to bother with the latest Patch. Once the first DLC is here, I shall boot up CP again.....

Unless they spend the next year rewriting systems of the game, I have no expectations for the following patches. It will be be plugging of holes in barebones features. What is there to add or fix anyway without doing fundamental work? It's playable from start to finish with little issues.

Guest 3847602

Didn't know that Fallout 76 is that old.

The game needs an overhaul. Even excluding sandbox mechanics, it still needs hacking redone completely from zero, and some stealth improvements.
I was under the impression that 76 has a reputation of "Bethesda's game for people who are not fans of Bethesda's games". Kind of like Anthem.
Cybepunk needs polish more than anything else. Biggest problem with stealth system is how trivial it is for netrunners. For the most part, levels are really well-designed for sneaking and doing takedowns without quickhacks.

I was under the impression that 76 has a reputation of "Bethesda's game for people who are not fans of Bethesda's games". Kind of like Anthem.
Cybepunk needs polish more than anything else. Biggest problem with stealth system is how trivial it is for netrunners. For the most part, levels are really well-designed for sneaking and doing takedowns without quickhacks.

I've noticed an improvement for the stealth system, the AI more specifically.

I've done away with the traditional cyberdeck and went for a Sandevistan build while also opting for stealth until I get spotted so I've been relying on a silenced pistol for taking out cameras.

Now what's interesting is that the NPC's can hear the camera being shot, but not all of them just the ones near the point of impact, and they go into a search pattern mode that eventually runs out and they return to normal, I find it very fun now playing cat an mouse with the NPC's until all hell breaks loose and I go full Trinity slow-mo kick-ass.

And is it just me or the AI is really putting up a fight now (unless they spawn inside objects and walls)?

What I expect from the next patch is a unified pipe-line for all the major systems individually (AI, animations, gameplay systems etc.) where it's easier to fix inconsistencies without breaking what's already working.

And I also expect further gameplay balancing and quality of life improvements.

And for the love of Jebus please fix the DLSS performance drops from Depth of Field (happens both in conversations and photo mode).

The problem with hacking is that it seems than in 2077,civilians switch off their wireless connections or have a proper firewall but enemies forgot to do that when going to work....not sure if is side effect of droping monowire for hacking,they should have put remote hacking after you physically connect to some network router(not a guard) but then netrunners would have had a worse playthrough(that I guess is why they dropped monowire).

The problem with hacking is that it seems than in 2077,civilians switch off their wireless connections or have a proper firewall but enemies forgot to do that when going to work....not sure if is side effect of droping monowire for hacking,they should have put remote hacking after you physically connect to some network router(not a guard) but then netrunners would have had a worse playthrough(that I guess is why they dropped monowire).

Would be nice if for the remote hacking system to work one would have to infiltrate and find the base's netrunner to hack them (or their gear) or have some sort of hackable antenna that connects to the base's systems that opens up the remote hacking sandbox.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement I think.

As it is I agree it's way too easy, although felt badass parking my Caliburn next to an NCPD side gig and just melt everyone's brains while listening to Vexelstrom radio :D.

Top Bottom