Reasonable Expectations from future patch 1.3 (theoretical)

+
I'd love to get some info from CDPR when next patch is going to roll out, is it the end of the month?

Steam showing once again 7 hours ago new branch was loaded into steam service so they definitely haven't stopped working on the game.
https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/depots#branches

Question is whether we're going to be getting one gigantic 1.3 with new stuff (police chases, disappearing assets fix, better civilian ai, motorcycles in traffic, heck even some DLC content along with it) or getting these in separated smaller packages once these are introduced separately in separate branches.

I'd kinda would love to see one gigantic patch being hinted with these features in a video and then having it released in end of month or in the middle of next the very least.

And e3 is going to be around the corner so I'm wondering if we're going to see any teases about DLC contents or expansions being developed. Are we going to see more dialogues with Johnny or is the expansion going to happen after
Johnny takes over the body or that you're left with 6 months to live
?

I was checking the modding scene and now they're able to actually spawn vehicles without a separate console requiring to assist on the background, also the motorcycle driving could also be introduced as was shown in beginning there's some animations introduced about turning in 1.2 or previously and was just deactivated.

Last edited:
As a PC player, and someone who is revisiting W1, I could agree with you. I could defend CDPR and give them the benefit of the doubt in saying that this could be equivalent to the Witcher 1 in terms of development on a new title. I remember reviews when W1 came out, specifically XPlay's. The game was dismissible as a buggy mess. I also remember CDPR's "Enhanced edition" treatment of W1 and the praise it got when CDPR stood by their title. It seems we are getting something of history repeating itself here (or so we hope?)

That being said, to look at CP2077 under the same lens and make an argument justifying the company's mishaps is dangerous. CDPR isn't the same company back then as it is now, for better or for worse.

In any form of business, past performance is no guarantee of future results. Dropping your illusions for the game is akin to some form of Stockholm syndrome. I love the game, don't get me wrong. I feel for the devs given the crunch and the unrealistic deadlines on top of the ongoing pandemic, as any sensible person should. However, you have to feel some type of way for being lied to and having to drop your illusions as a result to cope with what we got. Otherwise, you'll not only enable CDPR to give us similar treatment with future titles, you'll enable other companies to do it too.
Absolutely. As I stated "...in some aspects it could be compared with tw1...".
Listen, for me it's very hard to look at one situation/game/company and reduce them to one thing. Or reduce my opinion of said game or company to one thing. There's thousands of people involved separated by hierarchies, games are composed by x systems, we the public only have a degree of information. I have stated different opinions on different subjects some with a more positive note, some with harsher critisizm but I like to separate them by subject.
I'm not saying anything to pardon or turn a blind eye, I do believe our feedback to be important and the way a creator receives that feedback to be very important if the goal is to learn from mistakes and successes and overall create the best that can be created. But what I see is that a lot of threads about cyberpunk, like this one about "1.3. realistic expectations..." turn into the same complaint book revolving about expectations vs reality.
What is our goal here on the forum? Is it JUST venting out?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe we have different definitions of what sandbox means, because to me story-driven sandbox is oxymoron. Sandbox game is the one where you're creating your own story through interaction with game's systems without being handholded by game's designers. In those games main quest either doesn't exist or exist as nothing more than a long sidequest, something entirely optional. It was clear that Cyberpunk 2077 wasn't going to be that kind of game.
I'm in agreement with rest of your post.
Oh I see. I was using sandbox as the interactivity with the open-world elements (activities to do, things to customize, the way the world reacts to player actions)

Let console players disable screen space reflection, this option kills performance even on the PC, and it will end up with "grainy effects" that the game has on the roads.

Let's get this to a developer, I'm sure it would save the performance of the consoles
YES !

I'd like more V. I respect the developers ' decision, but I'm very uncomfortable playing with a first-person camera. I really hope the developers will add either cut cinematics with V or at least a 3-P camera for walking, like on a motorcycle. I understand that I am only a human being on this planet, but I am not the only one who wants this. I also want more interaction with the world, now it's empty. This is just my opinion, no need to challenge it.

My number one wish by far must be RE-BALANCING of COMBAT. No more over-levelling making combat trivial, no more insanely overpowered damage numbers potentially hitting into the multiple millions per shot. Not only combat related issues though, a universal rebalancing of EVERY aspect is needed to fix this game.

Question is whether we're going to be getting one gigantic 1.3 with new stuff (police chases, disappearing assets fix, better civilian ai, motorcycles in traffic, heck even some DLC content along with it) or getting these in separated smaller packages once these are introduced separately in separate branches.

You are still hoping for "police car chases in the next patch"?

I admire your strong belief in CP 2077 car chases (or traffic AI) and trust in CDPR willingness to rebuild the game (rewriting the engine) after its release. I really do. (And I am not being sarcastic here.) (y)

These guys keep working hard, they love the game as much as we do, I'm sure they prepare a new patch to keep solving problems. And the announcement of the date of the DLC's is next. Look at rancho coronado what I found last night: Unrealistic dates was one of the big problems, but the developers are on the right track.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.09 - 02.04.09.91.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.09 - 02.04.35.70.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.09 - 02.04.48.79.jpg

You are still hoping for "police car chases in the next patch"?

I admire your strong belief in CP 2077 car chases (or traffic AI) and trust in CDPR willingness to rebuild the game (rewriting the engine) after its release. I really do. (And I am not being sarcastic here.) (y)

I am sure that lack of time was responsible for deciding the quickest solution for the city's car system. A leaderboard system that cars follow without any AI to solve problems.

But the work of AI of the cars is in the engine developed. Now that they are not under the pressure of time, they can continue to work on the game's AI and develop the transport system and cars. I am sure they are studying this and we will see solutions by the end of the year.

They wanted to develop the AI of the cars, their work is seen in the code but they had to abandon it due to the release date of the game.

If there is something that I am learning with CDPR, it is that they do not comply 100% with what they say because there are always unforeseen things. And we can see that in a positive way. I think patch 1.2 is not the last big patch. The developers will have already reported everything that still needs to be resolved. It is unrealistic to see that the current state of the game is the final one seeing all that remains to be fixed.

Tattoo shops are sure to come, to be able to try on clothes, to be able to modify your car, modify your body, eat realistically, get new implants, new areas to explore and surely new stories and missions in a much more lively city. Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the two pillars of CDPR.

If I were a game developer it would be a dream to be part of the development team, Cyberpunk is an incredible universe and this game has a great exciting path.

Last edited:
I dont know what to expect truly...just waiting for them to tell us what they pretend to do...that roadmap whas very vague.. also,there are more interesting games coming so without some infornation from them,i will slowly forget this game as it is...maybe a year from now i will come back,but as of now it is very difficult for me...i loved the game but like all games,the time passes and the all the magic fades away...

i loved the game but like all games, the time passes and the all the magic fades away...
But a thing of beauty will never fade away...

Hey, you still have people playing and modding Skyrim after a decade. I was thinking that game would fade away (or be replaced) after five years, but it continues to prove it's mettle and merit after all this time. You know another game that does this very well? GTAV. You think other companies don't see this and want to cash in on the longevity that's possible with modding and online capabilities? Cyberpunk has limitless potential in that arena as an IP, but let's not get the cart before the horse.

Don't lose hope just because the roadmap is vague or they refuse to give concrete details. There's still a pandemic going on and CDPR failed to deliver on the hype behind a major title. If they hadn't learned their lesson from the abysmal delivery of CP2077 at launch, we'd get another wave of promises with concrete dates for patch release. That's not something I want to believe or even hear about after this scaring experience for the entire gaming industry. Clearly the developers and the executives are on a different page. Just say you'll make up for it, and we'll see your real delivery. No more promises, and no more crunch. Crunching isn't good for anyone. As gamers, and consumers, we'll just have to hang on for the ride, or go play something else.

I think forums are part of that, as they have always been. Any time you have a release, they'll always be people lamenting in their dissent. That's partly a reason why I stay away, but I love this game, and the universe, and I want to see it succeed. The point is, from what I like to believe, is to share views and have them challenged. Some people just want to express their frustration in the emotions of the moment. At the very least, we can gain better insight and feel somewhat apart of the further development for a title we are all obviously very passionate about.

Last edited:
I don't think that there is a goal. The forums are a general purpose communication medium specifically for things directly or tangentially related to CP2077 and/or CDPR. Sometimes that's venting; sometimes asking questions or asking for advice; sometimes making constructive suggestions or giving advice; sometimes giving credit and expressing thanks; and so forth. I think all of those are valid and valued expressions on the forum.

Not to curb your enthusiasm, as everything you write is valid, but you should understand that beyond all the factor of rushed release of the game etc it's about technical limitations first and foremost, rather than devs not understanding that such things would make the world more believable.

Things are definitely not great right now and need a degree of improvement, but the main reason for all this being the way it is, I'm guessing, is the company executive-level decision to:
a. push the game out onto old generation consoles which can barely run the game as is.
b. release it in the terribly unfinished state it was in

This could turn into an essay, but suffice to say that all the features you suggest take enormous amount of processing power. Beyond all the other factors, it really is quite as simple as that.

Ever played rebooted Hitman? Have you noticed how all those crowds of hundreds of NPCs all do the exact same base animation and only one or two in every area actually reacts with an active 'witness' AI? That's because all of those crowds are simply moving geometry rather than AIs.
If they were all simulated AIs your computer would catch on fire.

Same here in Cyberpunk.

Well... what about a crowd density slider for PC version with a big red exclamation mark that this option heavily impacts performance? And in 2 years a brand new gaming PC will be able to run the entire city full of people with one hand behind it's back? :D

Realistic expectation for the next patch, hmm... let me think...

-I guess they will double the spawning distance of NCPD so you can not see them materializing from thin air :)
-They will try to fix, (modify/remove) non working perks.
-Remove some geometry glitches, bring back high rez textures on PC.
-Tweak the balance a little bit more...
-Maybe add another slider to "improve" driving and the quality of life... ;)
-Bring back the refresh rate as it was before 1.2

Not much else I'm afraid, new content coming maybe in a DLC, if we are lucky.

You know. I've seen this topic's name pop up several times and I everythime thought: what do I want now.
And y'know.
I have my brain simultaneously go into a frenzy of all the things I would like as well as have my brain completely shut down.
Now, seeing as how I find myself currently typing somewhat coherently I will say this:
1) I would like for my V to have the proper in-game body propertions as ho I select them from the character creator menu.
Yes, I know, there's a mod out there that fixes this pretty much. But that does not help my PS4 V character and I want to have her be displayed correctly also. Which means: give her the big boobs in clothing just like she has while naked.
2) second point I would love to see and could be reasonable for a patch 1.3 is that Police would spawn with some more tenacity. Right now I can jump in a car, drive fast for 200 meters and the police have lost you by default.
3) Jumping back to the character creation. I'd love for some sliders of body parts: { boobs/chestpecks, butt, biceps, genitalia}
3,5) Add a function at ripperdoc that allow for bodily transformations.
4) Add barbers to customize hairdoo, and please add the young-Rogue hairstyle.
5) Add Car customization where I can change the appearance of my cars, at least with available skin that we already have in the game. Claire's Garage could be very fitting for this option I think.
6) Expanded functionality of the Photomode. I would love to captue some screens where I use my Mantis Blades in a wicked combo-attack.

If you ever plan on implementing the third person mechanic please play alot of Outriders. I think its gameplay would flow well in 3rd person Night City.

Yep, sadly.

People don't want a GTA-like game, they want more immersive elements. It's a conicidence that GTA has got them a lot while not being a RPG.

While I think a lot of things would require a game engine rework, some are doable. AI modifications, food consuming and implant install animations, scripted background NPCs, etc.

Actually, the only thing that could stop CDPR from making CP2077 great again (in some way) is their analytics division, which may say that this is infeasible and it's time to move on.
Implant install animations?? Is that what people are worried about? Presumably, that would get the game banned in Australia and, honestly, I have never, ever turned on the game and thought "gosh, if only I could see my character having surgery; the lack thereof is ruining my immersion".

The things people are complaining are missing to make the game complete are hilariously obscure and specific. I don't understand why people are obsessed with seeing V eat, either, which he does do in certain story quests. Will we then complain about the quality of the tongue modelling?

Another bug I noticed today - AI cars often stop without any reason on highways.
Unfortunately, this bug has been present for a while. I really hope it will be fixed soon in a future hotfix. That and the famous sun glare you can have when driving in first person.

Top Bottom