Reasonable Suggestions for an Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just really don't want to see her like this

Besides her getting captured makes no sense.

I know but we have to be realistic. I think that CDPR doesn't want to do big changes in the game. Even when their fans are complaining about a lot of things. So, if we are going to ask for some changes, my suggestion would be that we should propose solutions in their easiest and simplest ways. I've said many times that I don't like how they dealed with politics (especially with Temeria and the Scoia'tel) but at the end I proposed add just a few dialogues and a new ending slide because if I ask for more probably they will say no to any sort of change.

Last edited:
Yeah, the way they handled Sile was one of the biggest disappointments when it comes to TW2 consequences.

I understand that they are trying to make the game as much new player friendly as possible and dont want to confuse newcomers with too many returning characters from previous games they never met before but hell.......this was just really really bad.

She is one of the most powerful sorceresses in the north and gets caught? Id love to know how that happened.

Basically our decision to save her at the end of witcher 2 was completely useless as she gets 2 minutes of screen time and has no impact on the story of witcher 3 at all.

I think however that this comeback is a rather creative idea as well. I really did not expect to see Sile like this so I was shocked when I met her.

BUT

there should definitely be an option to save her. Maybe like a hidden rare one.

For example, if you take the medicine from the man in white orchard at the beginning of the game then you should be able to ask Yen or Rita to use it on Sile and it would ease the pain and she should be able to recover and help you fight the hunt or at least be at the meeting with the lodge where you take Ciri but then aplogize for not helping with the wild hunt and staying in Novigrad or leaving, going somewhere else so that she could fully recover or something like that.

OR

there could be a new side quest prior to the main quest that involves finding Rita somewhere much earlier in the game that would determine her fate and depending on its outcome, witch hunters either get her and you then meet her in the dungeon or they dont and she helps you fight the wild hunt.

There should definitely be more to her story and her character than just that short prison scene.

Now see personally I was fine with the Sile thing, I mean it was pretty shocking seeing her brought so low but this is exactly the kind of thing I loved about the earlier Witcher games. You can save Sile after everything at the end of w2 but ultimately you were doing her no favours, prolonging the inevitable. Little things like that to remind you that some choices are beyond your control. It would of had more gravitas perhaps if more choices from w2 actually impacted w3. Personally would of preferred Sile and Phillipa to trade places from this though, seeing as Phillipa seems set up to screw everyone over then does precisely nothing anyway.

As for the general post though, I loved this game but there really were lots of little plot things for me that just did not quite hit the mark and left far too many questions unanswered and undeveloped characters. I appreciate there isn't time for everyone in w3 as there are so many characters but I felt I knew Johnny better than Eredin.

She is one of the most powerful sorceresses in the north and gets caught? Id love to know how that happened.

I would too but Letho says Sile is doomed in AOK.

It's a pity they didn't have the Order of the Flaming Rose in the game. You could believe they could come up with something better than the Witch Hunter Keystone Cops.

Maybe even some traitor mages.

Agree with most points from the OP, except those pointed out by @Scholdarr.452 regarding Ciri and Eredin/The Wild Hunt.

I do not think Ciri needs to be represented as this super bad-ass, way better than Geralt, and savior of the universe. Neither do i think that Eredin needs to be made into more of a one-dimensional character than he already is, on the contrary.

Last but not least, i also think that the entire White Frost ending should just be dropped, it adds nothing positive to the game.

Last edited:
I honestly found the Sile consequence to be the only one of my W2 decisions that really mattered. I mean: Letho hints to me that it would end like it, and while it does, I really feel responsible for her fate. I thought it was awesome.

Way better than the other consequences for big decisions like siding with Iorveth. I mean, I betray Roche and he's like: A what the heck. We're old pals, right?

And Sile was dying at the moment you met her. Only painfully and slowly. I think no Sorceress could have helped her at that point.

I honestly found the Sile consequence to be the only one of my W2 decisions that really mattered. I mean: Letho hints to me that it would end like it, and while it does, I really feel responsible for her fate. I thought it was awesome.

Way better than the other consequences for big decisions like siding with Iorveth. I mean, I betray Roche and he's like: A what the heck. We're old pals, right?

And Sile was dying at the moment you met her. Only painfully and slowly. I think no Sorceress could have helped her at that point.

Why couldn't they have helped her? If it's slow there's no reason why magical remedies couldn't be formulated. From the sounds of it the injuries treated after the battle of Sodden were very severe and yet no magical expense was spared to cure them. Personally i felt Letho was a much better handled choice, he actually potentially played a role if you didn't kill him, whereas this was just came across as rushed.

Agree with most points from the OP, except those pointed out by @Scholdarr.452 regarding Ciri and Eredin/The Wild Hunt.

I do not think Ciri needs to be represented as this super bad-ass, way better than Geralt, and savior of the universe. Neither do i think that Eredin needs to be made into more of a one-dimensional character than he already is, on the contrary.

Last but not least, i also think that the entire White Frost ending should just be dropped, it adds nothing positive to the game.

Finally, a man of wisdom! :)

The entire White Frost ending is just pure spectacle creep imo. It's out of touch, scale, atmosphere and pace with the rest of the game, like an alien element that doesn't belong to the game. The game would work so much better without it...

Why couldn't they have helped her? If it's slow there's no reason why magical remedies couldn't be formulated. From the sounds of it the injuries treated after the battle of Sodden were very severe and yet no magical expense was spared to cure them. Personally i felt Letho was a much better handled choice, he actually potentially played a role if you didn't kill him, whereas this was just came across as rushed.

Well, that the magical possibilities are inconsistently treated in Sapkowskis universe gets stated in a lot of threads. I mean, why couldn't Yennefer and Triss save Geralt when he was dying. I still think it was very well made. I felt drawn into the situation. And from the fact that you're upset about it, I think you were too.

Last edited:
Now see personally I was fine with the Sile thing, I mean it was pretty shocking seeing her brought so low but this is exactly the kind of thing I loved about the earlier Witcher games. You can save Sile after everything at the end of w2 but ultimately you were doing her no favours, prolonging the inevitable. Little things like that to remind you that some choices are beyond your control.

I agree, What I love about TW series is that everything doesn't just work out simply because you decide to do something. Perhaps in a perfect world but the world isn't perfect. We were already told in TW2 by Letho that saving her was pointless and that she would suffer more as a result, we only saw how pointless in TW3.

---------- Updated at 04:20 PM ----------

Finally, a man of wisdom! :)

The entire White Frost ending is just pure spectacle creep imo. It's out of touch, scale, atmosphere and pace with the rest of the game, like an alien element that doesn't belong to the game. The game would work so much better without it...

I agree, I thought the entire white frost story sucked and was pointless. It just made Ciri into a giant Mary Sue, and took away the mystery of the Wild Hunt.

I agree, I thought the entire white frost story sucked and was pointless. It just made Ciri into a giant Mary Sue, and took away the mystery of the Wild Hunt.
Yepp. It took away a huge chunk of the mystery and philosophy of the world. And it rendered the motivations of every major villain in the books rather pointless. So it's spectacle creep, deus ex machina and Mary Sue in one aspect. Holy mother of Jesus... :p

The White Frost just needed some grounding beyond natural disaster that apparently jumps world to world. They could of even just done the lazy thing and made it have a bigger mystery, two seconds of Ciri reaching the source and a voice over saying something like, "Ah finally, you came." With Ciri looking all shocked. Never have to even explain it. It just needed something, anything more than, oooOOOOOooooh White Frost going to freeze you to death...one day....eventually...not now but soon, maybe. Oh wait no nevermind Ciri sorted it, carry on.

Personally would of liked to even just seen the world of the Aen Elle actually suffering from it so we got some motivation for Eredin. Show don't tell.

We need a directors cut

This game is surely one of the best RPG-s out there. It has quit a few flaws but some of them weigh heavy like the whole Wild Hunt plot (Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith), others like gameplay not that much. The narrative of the third act is maybe some of the greatest problems of the game. As stated before, too much gamers mentioned already that they are not satisfied with the characterization of the Wild Hunt villains (Eredin, Caranthir, Imlerith) and even important characters like Avallach are too wagely portraited (the same applies for Triss).

The enhanced edition could be a welcome directors cut (remember Blade Runner) that could flatten many flaws and improve much of the narrative with additional scenes, dialogues and other things essential to the storyline. It wouldn't be easy though but there are too many threads in the forums showing that we as players suffered too much from the narrative inconsistancy. We just spent so much emotions and got ourselves so deep into the lore that we have an urge for a great closing of Geralts story. Patches could fix small (or large) gameplay problems, but this game needs the enhanced edition treatment desperately. It needs not a extended edition but furthermore a directors cut that would add all the cut content from the game that was sacrificed for what reasons ever (not enough ressources, not enough time, release date postponed, and so on...).

Players have the feeling that too many things are missing and they are right (Saskia, Iorveth) and many think that characters crucial to the story were underdeveloped (Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir). I know that the critics were extraodrdinary well for The Witcher 3, but this isn't so much about pleasing the critics but giving the players the closing to Geralts story his legend deserves.

this isn't so much about pleasing the critics but giving the players the closing to Geralts story his legend deserves.

Totally agree here, the whole point of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, should of been about the ending of game Geralt's story. Sure throw in the odd nudge nudge, wink wink for the book fans as well but the focus should of been on the game story. Instead we apparently got the ending of book Geralt. All the character and love shared through w1 and w2 and the world we helped create, and therefore feel invested in, was thrown out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom