Reasonable Suggestions for an Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original textures in the Enhanced Edition

Now previously the enhanced editions of the witcher 1 and 2 released about a year after the game's initial release. I reckon that isn't likely this time around since the witcher 3 is not yet done with it's dlc, but I think it's safe to assume the enhanced edition is coming eventually.

As well as polish the game as the enhanced editions hads done with the previous witchers I think this would be the time to redeem the expectations CD-Project set with their teaser trailers. Back when the witcher 2 was released it certainly met expectations as it looked as good as in the trailers.
I want to see the developers I respect so much give us the texture pack from the debut gameplay trailer era. I refuse to believe it was just a demo. Whether they were worried it was too much for our gear to handle or it was a development nightmare I don't know. But I know which version I prefer.

Here's screenshot footage from the debut trailer and the finished product:
http://gamerssphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/the-witcher-3-hi-wolves.jpg
http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/The-Witcher-3-1.png

Compare the textures on the ground. The finished game's obviously rocking the classic painted ground level and some bushes clicked around like we see so often in games. But the debut trailer shows this amazing, lush, diverse vegetation. Also Geralt and the wolves really blend in the scenery further enhancing the realism and immersion. I get it that the old screenshot is refined but it seemed just as amazing in motion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA

Now don't get me wrong, I think The Witcher 3 is the best looking title to date, but I the debut trailer makes it look like the best looking game to be made in the next eight years. I want to know peoples thoughts on this. Do you want to see these textures and fidelity in the Enhanced Edition, or do you think it was never playable in this state and could have never achieved this gorgeous environment?

I really hope CD-Project RED decides to make this obviously more demanding version of the game available in the inevitable Enhanced Edition.

Last edited:
--Everything--.

They definitely need to implement some way of giving us that e3 2013 look since thats what people have been wanting the game to look like since day 1. They also said it was a filter so that makes it even more possible. Polish to an already amazing game would literally be the definitive answer to an enhanced edition and what better way of polish than to make the game look better?

I would like to see the ability of taking all with one click on herbs. Quite monotonous to click twice on those and it's unnecessary given there is only one thing to choose. Also would be nice to commit custom permanent markers and a short title for each.

Here's screenshot footage from the debut trailer and the finished product:
http://gamerssphere.com/wp-content/u...-hi-wolves.jpg
http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/The-Witcher-3-1.png

Compare the textures on the ground. The finished game's obviously rocking the classic painted ground level and some bushes clicked around like we see so often in games. But the debut trailer shows this amazing, lush, diverse vegetation. Also Geralt and the wolves really blend in the scenery further enhancing the realism and immersion.

Hmmmm and I thought Witcher 3 looks perfect.
But these screenshots are awesome :)
The Witcher 3 we already have looks more awesome and better than every other game currently on the marked, but it is clearly noticable that it had some serious graphical downgrading because the actual hardware cannot render graphics like these Alpha screenshots.
Because of that we would really need an Enhanced Edition of Witcher 3 when the next console generation comes on the marked.
Every actual PC could do this with ease, but games are never made for the pc and every actual game console generation is bringing gaming progression and improvements to a complete full stop for almost a decade - continueing only as soon as the next console generation arrives on the marked, already outdated compared to every 400 Dollar tower/desktop PC at their launch day.
(Laptops are way more expensive and more slow.) :D

But I must admit the PS4 is the first console ever whose graphics rendering power is awesome and able to satisfy my needs for photorealism and CGI render-video look and feel in computergames.
And she looks that awesome when put in a glass shelf.
Maybe it is possible to bring a Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition on PS4 and PC, and not on PS5 and PC in several years.

Last edited:
Romance:
I still don't like the way Yennefer is represented in this game, I like the way she is portrayed in the books much more. I would like to see some changes to her character, but I don't think CD Projekt will ever fulfill my desire, since even with the changes made in pacth 1.10 they kept representing her as a cold, insensitive hag.

Let's take the new piece of dialogue that happens in Kaer Morhen as an example: she urges Geralt to say something romantic, even counting down the seconds that he has left to say it. She ruins a potentally very romantic moment, being even more unpolite than she needs to be. Does she think there is no time to indulge in such matters? Ok, but then: why not saying something like "we don't have time for this right now" and then come back later to say something nice? Maybe the developers wanted to underline the fact that Yennefer likes strong men that don't need hugs and kisses every time they meet their significant other. But if so: why not rewarding the player if he chooses the other dialogue option? Why not inserting a line where she says something like: "Here's my man." (implying: "Fuck you Triss, now you know that he is no romantic fool and would have never chosen you").

So I would like to ask for some changes in the enhanced edition, but I don't think I'll ever get those. CD Projekt has a celar image of who Yennefer is, and that image doesn't match mine. Too bad, but I'll get over it.

Something I haven't seen mentioned here (sorry if I overlooked it), but would be nice for us PC players: a search function in the quest and character logs, inventory, beastiary, and on the crafting menus :D
It feels like a small change, but it adds not only comfort, but also makes immersion easier, IMO: Later in the game, it's often a good amount of work to find a quest after it's finished if you want to read the "fluff" text upon its completion (which I usually like to do - for said immersion).

Last edited:
Something I haven't seen mentioned here (sorry if I overlooked it), but would be nice for us PC players: a search function in the quest and character logs, inventory, beastiary, and on the crafting menus :D
It feels like a small change, but it adds not only comfort, but also makes immersion easier, IMO: Later in the game, it's often a good amount of work to find a quest after it's finished if you want to read the "fluff" text upon its completion (which I usually like to do - for said immersion).

I can agree this with PS4. Although I was thinking just alphabetical order with completed quests.

I can agree this with PS4. Although I was thinking just alphabetical order with completed quests.

Yes, listing them in "random" order is really annoying, and it should not even need an enhanced edition, it can be a relatively minor fix in a patch.

personally, i would really like to see a better crafting system... currently crafted items become obsolete way too soon, while traders will sell you same item with higher level every time you level up (equipment levels up with you) I think it would be much better if crafted items were always created with the level player has, therefore such manuscript would be valuable long term, as you will be able to reforge the weapon over and over to get higher level - this way player would have a valid reason to spend all his money on something - paying smiths to upgrade his equipment ...

I think The Witcher 3 is the best looking title to date, but I the debut trailer makes it look like the best looking game to be made in the next eight years.

This.
And if changing artistic direction needs too much work (more than just filters), please allow us, at least, to push graphic settings farther. I want this game to exploit my PC horsepower in 10 years.

Beauty happens with simple things. It can start, without too much work (IMHO), by:
- hudge draw distances (foliage, but also shadows, terrain details, NPC, etc)
- buildings (and other stuff) have several 3D models depending of the distance. Give an option to get rid of that. Seriously. It is ridiculous.
- better antialiasing options and ubersampling
- and, maybe, better textures. Some of them are excellent but some others are kinda crappy.

Also, I think that light rendering could be improved a lot. It actually relies a lot of "global illumination" and it makes interior building scenes, especially, quite flat.

I think the game could at least benefit of some variety in the weather system. I mean, some really grey looking rainy enviroment, since I can't recall anything like that.
Even when the weather is not clear, there is always sun. It's never completely cloudy.

I think the game could at least benefit of some variety in the weather system. I mean, some really grey looking rainy enviroment, since I can't recall anything like that.

There are actually complaints about too much rain in some areas. :) But I agree that improved and more varied visual effects for rain and thunderstorms would indeed be a good idea, and probably not too expensive to implement, either.

Post-End Game
A different end game in which if you have the oportunity to stay with Ciri and Yennefer/Triss like a family maybe in Kaer Morhen, killing monsters with Ciri, spend time with Yennefer/Triss. Cause i got thery attached to them, and it makes me feel sad when after 2 endings you dont have the opportunity to see them again, the post-end game feels empty. It would be fantastic to have a family life with the Girls (Ciri, Yenn/Triss), to se Dandelion at the cabaret and other characters in some other locations.

Yes to all this finally someone get's it, i think the ending is the most important especially since this will be the last game with the white wolf which both tears my heart out and leaves me angry, i was very disappointed in being told what happened in the end instead of actually seeing it. I think Kaer Morhen should be rebuilt and become stronger than ever in memory and honor of Vesimir all with the aid of your cherished friends/loved one's. Going on a few contract's with ciri and really seeing her happy and flourish as an adult would be really amazing or going ice skating with her because she likes that and some late night romantic dinner's/encounter's with Triss or Yen would be great too(or just playful things or surprise's i.e. little romantic quest's) to give you that feeling like 'I made it' now Geralt can ride out into the sunset.

cyseal

Is it possible to add some combo attacks and gameplay style as in God of War 3?

cyseal

Wishlist for GOTY edition

This is wishlist for GOTY or enhanced edition (if there will be one). There were a couple of new quests done in enhanced editions of W2 so maybe CDP could do it for W3 GOTY.

1. new area and questline involving underwater/underground city under the giant dome; a world below the Skellige or a portal to it.
  2. new sword animations and unique sword's effect of hit
  3. dark fantasy theme
  4. exploring underground ruins and solving a couple of puzzles
  5. meeting interesting NPC's
  6. new boss fights

I've rewritten some of the first post, removed some infeasible things (mostly related to post-story content and some sexist parts :p, or parts that give Geralt more power than he should have) and added some others. The Triss, Ciri and Yen parts were great and spot on, so I didn't need to put those back. There needs to be more interaction with Yen, and or Triss with Geralt and Ciri, throughout the game, and in the epilogues, for sure. Ciri not speaking to Yen in the Empress ending is so odd.

I think the romance cutscenes for Triss and Yen could also use some additional work, as Shani's scene from HoS and Triss's from TW2 are much better, and felt more nuanced.

Gameplay
  • Fix the inconsistencies and story errors with the save import.
  • A Dark Mode difficulty. Or a rebalancing for Death March. Currently, once you get passed level 10, it becomes too easy.
  • Consider making changes to the loot tables so that the relict swords and armours are actually interesting for the player. Currently, they serve no purpose other than to sell, as the Witcher gear is the be all and end all.
  • Consider adding some of the Witcher 2 armours to TW3. Armours like Oathbreaker, Ban Ard, Vran and Raven's would be awesome! This would go hand in hand with making the relict items better and unique.
  • Consider attaching the swords to Geralt's back. Why do they float? Is this because of the animation that plays? Why not attach them to something, like to hooks or the scabbard, as was done in TW2. That was a really good idea.
  • Add some moving boats and longboats to Skellige and Novigrad. These were in earlier demos too. The animations exist. It would be cool, and give a sense of life to these harbour areas.
  • Have Geralt encounter other moving boats in Skellige. It's odd that no one else is there but him.
  • Get rid of most of the smuggler caches in Skellige. They literally break the game. A level 16 Geralt can travel there, hop on a boat and make serious bank within a few hours, breaking the whole idea of having a tough economy.
  • Have the people on Skellige use the new Skelligan gwent deck. Obviously, not every NPC there should use it, but keep some kind of consistency. Elves usually use the Scoia'tael, Northerners use NR, Nilfgaardians use Nilfgaard, and Skelligans use Skellge.
  • Scabbards for the rest of the NPC's would be nice as well. Floating swords at the guardsmen's sides is so last gen. :p
  • Better hitbox detection for certain enemies, like spectres.
  • More HUD control, specifically a hotkey designated to toggling the minimap on or off, similar to how the friendly HUD mod does it. The world is gorgeous, and a clearer screen with less HUD elements would be great.
  • Reduce the fall damage. Geralt dying from falling a tiny bit doesn't make sense.

General characters and Story
  • A journal entry, and a mention or in-game appearance for Cynthia. Perhaps you could talk to Philippa or Fringilla about her. What happens to the item she takes from Loc Muinne?
  • A journal entry, and/or an in-game appearance for Siegfried. He's mentioned twice in Hearts of Stone. What happened with him?
  • A journal entry for Kalkstein after talking to Elihal about him.
  • "[Push Dijkstra forcibly]" should be renamed. Breaking his other leg and does not equate shoving him out of the way.
  • What actually happens to Natalis? A journal entry would be nice, as well as it being explained. Leaving it up in the air doesn't work considering the plot point is not taken anywhere later in the plot.
  • What happened to Queen Zulika of Kovir? Does she die in-between TW2 and TW3? Sile says in TW2 that she's the advisor to the Koviri Queen. However, her son, Tancred Thyssen, has the throne in TW3.
  • Everyone loves Raymond Saskia and Iorveth. What happened to their fight for equality in Vergen? Parts of the Saskia comic contradict with the game events, and it would be nice to have this explained in-game. People would like to see Iorveth's cut content restored, but at the very least, journal entries would be appreciated. An explanation for the fate of Vergen should also be incorporated into this. Additional journal entries for the dwarves like Yarprin and Sheldon, after talking with Zoltan about them would also be nice.
  • Is Prince Stennis dead? Perhaps let Ambassador var Attre mention this during the prologue in Vizima.
  • A journal entry for Anais La Valette. Fans would like to see her, and considering that a subplot of the game is what happens to Temeria, it's a bit odd that no mentions the would be Queen. Even her own mother doesn't talk about her, which is seriously strange.
  • A journal entry for Aryan La Valette. What did he do after Loc Muinne? Again, his mother could provide this information.
  • An option to speak with Ves about your past romance. Was it just a fling for her?
  • An option to tell Shani that you're with Triss or Yen, and that you don't want to do anything funky with her, but that you still enjoy her company. In other words, Geralt doesn't have to be a prick about it. There's already global flags set for when the other romances happen. This wouldn't be a difficult addition.
  • A journal entry for Adda, as well as possibly asking Radovid about her health. If Thaler could die in TW1 and appear in TW3, Adda should be able to as well.
  • Radovid's sudden burst of madness in the 7 months between TW2 and TW3 should be explained better within the game. Perhaps if Adda died, this could play a part. There should also be an explanation for why Radovid is being so cruel to non-humans. He's not Henselt, he doesn't have a history of this behaviour. He could just take their gold forcibly, if that's what he really wants, without burning them on pyres. The jump from "lets take their money" to "lets burn 'dem", doesn't make sense. He needs non-humans for his army. In general, Radovid's needs to appear more "grey".
  • An explanation for why the non-humans aren't fighting back against Radovid, using guerilla tactics. How does Zoltan feel about this? If the Scoia'tael were in the game, they would be the ones to lead them, but another character like Francis Bedlam also seems a suitable candidate. He gives a great speech when players meet him about the change that's supposedly coming to Novigrad, and then does nothing else throughout the game.
  • Zoltan also mentions the Breckenriggs having a forge in Novigrad in TW2. Why is this not explored? Perhaps Zoltan could meet up with Eudora?
  • Geralt's friends should have opinions about the Third Northern War; who they think should win. Triss, Yen, Dandelion and Zoltan have a long history of opposition to Nilfgaard.
  • An explanation for what happened to Fake Ciri, Emhyr's consort and the Empress of Nilfgaard. Perhaps you could ask him about her, and this would add a journal entry as well. A letter from Shilard to Emhyr in TW2 mentions her, so there's an additional continuity issue between TW2 and TW3 here.
  • An option to ask Triss about her scars from Sodden. Have they healed more? Is she using a charm to cover them up? In TW2, she wore a top that covered up her chest, but in TW3 she's wearing a v-neck shirt which shows that area. Lambert mentions her burns, but in-game it's never fully explained what happened there.
  • An option to talk to Dandelion about Priscilla after you complete Carnal Sins.
  • You should be able to talk with Ciri and Avallach about the Wild Hunt, as well as the Aen Elle in general.
  • A chance to speak with Eredin at length at some point so you can hear his motivations, and what happened when Geralt was a Red Rider. This could be similar to the talk with Letho in TW2. This discussion should also mention why Avallac'h is helping Ciri, when in the books he was in league with Eredin. The Cave of Dreams quest is an ideal opportunity for this. There doesn't need to be a physical fight there, a verbal joust would be much better and more intimidating. Show us why Eredin and the Hunt should be feared.
  • What was the Hunt using human slaves for, in TW2? This plot point is never brought up again in TW3.
  • A chance to talk to Ciri, Avallach, and possibly a couple of other characters about the White Frost as this would be a better way to introduce the subplot earlier. Currently, it feels very rushed and unexplained.

Nilfgaard
  • A chance to talk to Ciri about her decision to become Empress if you take her to see Emhyr. An option to try and sway her to become a witcher should be there too.
  • A chance to talk to her about the Emperor's plans to marry her and/or what he did to Cintra. You should also talk with the Emperor about these past actions. Giving Emhyr some more nuance would be appreciated. He's just too nice in-game.

Ugly Baby
  • Letho's exclusion here is a bit odd, considering how early he left to travel to Kaer Morhen. How does Geralt get there before him? I think it would also make sense for Triss to be there, if you told her to stay.

The Battle of KM
  • More interactions between the different characters. The scene with Letho, Roche and Iorveth Ves was great! More interactions like that with the other characters would be so cool.

Reasons of State
I think this entire quest needs a complete reworking, but lets try and fix what's already in the game.
  • An option for Geralt to express stronger outrage about the treaty with Nilfgaard.
  • A greater role for Ves in the conversation. How does she feel, and what are her opinions?
  • Dijkstra needs to explain why he's attacking Roche and Thaler because currently, there's no coherent reason. He could have just poisoned them, or killed them off one by one once Geralt left. The fact that Dijkstra underestimates Geralt so much is another plot point that doesn't make sense. He knows what Geralt can do, and what a skilled swordsman he is.
  • A non-violent conclusion to the quest would be good. Perhaps an option to force Dijkstra to abide by the agreement. Or convincing Vernon and Thaler to join Dijkstra. Mentioning Anais or Adda in this quest would also make sense. At present, the situation feels very forced. Even an option to just spare Dijkstra after killing his men would be appreciated. I think Francis Bedlam should be involved in this quest as well. There should also be a cutscene concluding this quest, instead of it just abruptly ending.
  • Make it clear why Geralt would choose to go against Roche. The whole neutrality argument "I'm not getting involved" is a bit late considering he just conspired to kill a King.
  • When Radovid dies, the world state needs to change. No more "Long Live Radovid". Some general chaos, as well as other characters talking about it, would be appreciated. There's unused diagloue in the game files already. Voice it, and get it in there. ;)

gameplay/community/dialogues/epilogue/chat_radowid_dead_soldiers_and_merchants_01
Novigrad Rich Man 01: Radovid was mad, true. But to have a Novigrad bandit as our ruler…?
Novigrad Rich Man 03: He'll continue robbing us. It will just be the law now!
Redanian Officer 01: Wrong, gentlemen merchants, wrong. Dijkstra's a whoreson, that's clear, but a decent and orderly whoreson.
Redanian Officer 01: Never been known to serve himself, never stolen even half a crown from the state coffers.
Redanian Officer 01: Not half a crown.

Redanian Soldier 02: Why the despair, mate?! War's over, we're finally goin' home!
Redanian Soldier 03: I've nothin' to go back to.
Redanian Soldier 03: Enlisted right off the street…
Redanian Soldier 03: I'd been sleepin' beneath bridges, beggin' to eat.
Redanian Soldier 03: The army's my hearth, my home. In Novigrad, I'll land in the gutter again.

King Radovid upon his throne, fought the Black Ones all alone.
Six feet under now he sleeps, dreams of naked witches' teets.
Dreams of naked witches' teets!

Skellige
  • An option to talk to Svanrige and maybe find out more about him. Perhaps let him try and convince Geralt not to get involved with Cerys or Hjalmar.
  • A downside to Cerys being selected as Queen, perhaps expressing her desire to make peace with Nilfgaard and to start opening trade routes with the continent in general.
  • An upside to choosing Hjalmar. There needs to be more side-effects added to both choices, because currently Cerys is the better option.

Finale
  • Consider possibly including other characters in the fight, such as Zoltan, Letho and Eskel. More dialogue with everyone there, Yen, Triss, Fringilla, Philippa, Margarita and Emhyr, would also be nice.
  • An explanation for why Crach is suddenly being killed by Eredin. What was his involvement in the final battle? Where were Cerys or Hjalmar too? Maybe have them show up at the battle tent beforehand and speak about having brought their men to fight the Hunt.
  • A final Ciri quest where you fight monsters and other creatures in the White Frost area, before facing it down, and showing us how exactly it was defeated. This is never talked about in the game, and currently breaks the lore from the books. If the player made the wrong choices, this is also an opportunity to overwhelm and kill Ciri, in an emotional scene.

Ending Slides
  • An ending slide for Dandelion and Priscilla, depending on the outcomes.
  • An ending slide for the Lodge of Sorceresses.
  • An ending slide for No Man's Land. Does the Baron return? Is some sense of order ever achieved, or does the land remain "No Man's"?
  • A more detailed ending slide for Temeria. Does Anais rule?
  • An ending slide for the rest of the North if Temeria becomes an independent province of Nilfgaard. Tell us what the downside is to that choice, in other words.
  • An ending slide for Triss and/or Yennefer, for the one you didn't romance, or if you don't romance any of them.
  • An ending slide for Olgierd, should he live.
  • An ending slide for Shani.
  • Some ending slides for whatever the outcomes are in the Blood and Wine expansion.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what were the "sexist" parts that you mentioned?

"A chance to talk to Queen Bran and have her explain why Geralt can or should support her son. This may include an optional "bribe Geralt with sex" section."

I thought that Birna Bran potentially offering sex in exchange for Geralt helping Svanrige was quite... Witcher 1. That's not fitting with the character at all, in my opinion. It also doesn't make sense from a story perspective. Doing that would not only degrade Geralt's character, but Birna's as well.

Just my opinion. Maybe some people want that. I don't think it's necessary, or enhances the quest in any way.

Last edited:
For me, I just ask for three things:

1 - More monsters. Mainly on Skellige's sea, bult also on Velen, Novigrad and White Orchiard. Frequently and mostly after the end game, there is very little different kinds of enemies to fight, and with maps so big, It becomes a problem.

2 - More things to do after the end game. Gwent is GREAT, for sure, but why not keep the horse races on the Vegelbud State for example!? Or the fights on Skellige!? Also, a battle arena would be incredible too, together with one or two others mini-games to keep.

3 - A more elaborate swordsmanship. I truly believe that the apex was on The Witcher 2, with so many movements and combos being possible, which really made me believe Geralt is the best swashbuckler in the entire North. Now on 3, It just look like "1, 2, 3... 1, 2, 3..." fight style, and is kind depressive in the long run.

p.s. Oh , and a third " personal" lesson for Rosa Var Attre, really felt missing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom