Reavers Must Be Nerfed Immediately!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for now around 3700 mmr i only encounter Monster consume or weather and NG spotters. Dwarves are not common anymore and as NR i saw few times Radovid control. That's it, didnt saw anything else last 50 matches.

Play around them, its not hard. Get some removal.

PS: Is this comment ok? i dont wanna get another message from certain people about complaining too much.

Graephen;n9116800 said:
Try to play monsters now, especially those archetypes, that relied on weather (literally two out of three leaders.
NR is far from the worst faction in the game.

Yeah, it isn't like Dagon spam/swarm decks are still a thing....

Graephen;n9117040 said:
Monsters consume is a lot weaker since the patch, altough I still manage to win some games, it's easily countered by locking the arachas, or getting advantage in the first round as the deck heavily relies on a good draw.

Can't beat Eithné dwarves either though, not even with consume.

Eithne Dwarves isn't even the strongest ST deck. It's susceptible to deck steals since it runs limited units, resets, big removals and, to make matters worse, it's a one trick pony. All it takes is a couple well placed tech options to cripple that deck. Toss in an inability to gain CA outside of spamming tempo and it isn't all that amazing. Inflexible decks are not a good recipe for success, no matter how strong they may appear before the weaknesses are exposed.

Graephen;n9119320 said:
PM screen me your deck, i'm sure our decks differ :)
IDK what would be so OP about consume though... if you use harpies and your opponent gets like 25 on the second round because he plays Dwarves with Eithné and Saskia and passes, while you only have a Behemoth or Celaeno out, you'll burn cards to win the round or you lose it and he wins the next one or the one after. The only way around it for me was a quick Kayran, but that's sacrificing two cards, so he wins if he passes anyways.

Anyways, back on topic :)
I am rank 17 consume player. The deck is so strong now that people are starting to tech against it like adding lacerate for example.

back to topic. Reavers are very strong and annoying but can be countered in lots of ways. Best way is to win round 1 and bleed them round 2 by forcing them to play the reavers before round 3.

in my consume deck , i usually eat one of the reavers with regis and lock the 2nd as soon as it appears in round 3 and if i am lucky i can igni the 3rd ( rare situation cause they usually try to avoid igni by deploying them on different rows)

you too should have a big finisher in round 3 like grave hag , crones , spotters, buffed queensguards etc.

Graephen;n9116800 said:
Try to play monsters now, especially those archetypes, that relied on weather (literally two out of three leaders.

Monsters is not worse than NR by a long shot. What are you talking about?

Here's the thing about the Reaver deck:

1. They can put out huge power for 2 out of 3 rounds.

2. You MUST make them play lots of cards in round 1. DO NOT pass early if you are losing, or you're in a world of trouble.

If you can force those Reavers out before round 3, you have a good shot at winning. If not, you better have a really good finisher for round 3.

Moridin2244;n9119920 said:
Kayran sucks for Monster Consume, grave hag is way better 3rd round win. Also ya our decks likely differ in some keys ways, however I can assure you the archetype doesn't suck and its a pretty cheap deck too.

I have issues with the Dwarves myself, though I like NR control funny enough, and seem to be having luck with monsters. My worst matchup is mirror as I tend to get terrible luck... oh well. Also Crones are a bad finisher with Kayran don't you think? I prefer Crones + Grave Hag, especially as Crones early on makes them feel a little secure.

Yeah I don't run crones because I feel the deck can't really spare the bronze slots for tech cards (outside of one alzur's thunder, my bronze slots are entirely dedicated to consume), so I really need the silver slots to have some answers to opposing decks. I play fiend and water hag for the disruption options and clear skies against MS swarm (still, I manage to lose to triss butterfly spell most of the times ^^'), toad and frightener for the extra draws, operator for the extra nekker and katakan for the GY disruption (with the extra tech of kayran/toad + frieghtener for the +10 power and then katakan can recycle his +10 again).

Kayran feels like a really good finisher with this build, as between frightener and the nekkers (usually the extra one I create with operator) he's usually a 2 card play of 26+ guaranteed gold power that is only vulnerable against D-bomb. With the crones I can imagine he won't be as good because the draws can probably get tricky.

I don't run grave hag because she feels waaaay too vulnerable to everything, and even if she survives to trigger her effect, then there are lots of resets going around these days.

As for golds I run kayran, Regis HV, g:igni and ge'els, and I'm very happy with them all =P

Last edited:
Reavers are a prime example of CDPR deciding to copy Blizzard and Hearthstones cheese tactics. Bodes well for the game.

Graephen;n9116800 said:

After thinking twice NR is a powerful candidate of worst faction. In the ladder there are Consume MO and reveal NG for top tier and dwarf for tier 2, not sure what's the definition of worst faction but firstly NR never been on tier 1 so far after 3 patch since OB and second really not seeing much complaint around NR deck compared to other meta (except this post though...and this post certainly ain't reasonable accuse '_>')

After thinking twice NR is a powerful candidate of worst faction. In the ladder there are Consume MO and reveal NG for top tier and dwarf for tier 2, not sure what's the definition of worst faction but firstly NR never been on tier 1 so far after 3 patch since OB and second really not seeing much complaint around NR deck compared to other meta (except this post though...and this post certainly ain't reasonable accuse '_>')

Finally somebody with a fair observation!

Birkewedd;n9117710 said:
What etc etc? Go on then, continue. Regis has no sense with Nenneke, Anzur's Thunder doesn't destroy the card not even close to that, locking easily destroyed by Margarita.
It is highly imba deck and must be nerfed there's no argue.

Actually - there's plenty to argue. Perhaps you can start by learning how to play?

Reavers are highly vulnerable to scorch and gigni - both of which are very comonly used cards, and both are neutral. There's also mardroeme, often used to counter buffing units (spotters, pirate captains, impera, etc.), NR has margarita (lock and reset), Monsters have Fiend (lock + halve). Scoia'Tael have even more scorch (if you think reavers are bad, try playing against a deck that plays 4 gold units, igni, and 4 scorches in round 3, and unless you brought shackles/d-bomb, you have no way to interact with it)

Or dwarves that can reach 100+ points in round one, with 45+ on resilient units unless you have a way to deal with it.

Maybe instead of crying for nerfs to things that you can't beat with your current deck/skill level, you try to improve?

Amazing. I just got to master rank and ive seen reavers twice. Crushed them twice because so predictable and easy to play around/disrupt.

The ladder is 60% monsters right now and then the other 40% is a pretty even balance, NR probably the rarest.

Bassario;n9153100 said:
Amazing. I just got to master rank and ive seen reavers twice. Crushed them twice because so predictable and easy to play around/disrupt.

The ladder is 60% monsters right now and then the other 40% is a pretty even balance, NR probably the rarest.

From 12-16 which I spent on climbing last few weeks I see whatever meta is from SK to consume to dwarf to swarm, Radovid control is rare enough and reaver even more rare.

ResoundingBuahaha;n9153200 said:
From 12-16 which I spent on climbing last few weeks I see whatever meta is from SK to consume to dwarf to swarm, Radovid control is rare enough and reaver even more rare.

There's almost a good variety if not for the monsters, like I said I find the other 40% quite varied and its nice to see a lot of decks but I guarantee you, at least in my experience Triss butt Dagon and Consume make up more than the other half of the meta.

Bassario;n9153280 said:
There's almost a good variety if not for the monsters, like I said I find the other 40% quite varied and its nice to see a lot of decks but I guarantee you, at least in my experience Triss butt Dagon and Consume make up more than the other half of the meta.

Reason is simple, weather is still good bronze card and not even close to awful card. With Harpy being the best bronze card (21 maximum, 13 minimum gain) and bear don't automatically clear the eggs. Don't even know how reaver is complained in this post. In best case a single reaver can reach 16 after 4 reaver has been played but harpy can produce 21 without too much effort. If we are talking about power swing I say harpy should be nerfed more than anything else

ResoundingBuahaha;n9153360 said:
Reason is simple, weather is still good bronze card and not even close to awful card. With Harpy being the best bronze card (21 maximum, 13 minimum gain) and bear don't automatically clear the eggs. Don't even know how reaver is complained in this post. In best case a single reaver can reach 16 after 4 reaver has been played but harpy can produce 21 without too much effort. If we are talking about power swing I say harpy should be nerfed more than anything else

Disagree. Harpy is fine and weather is fine. The foglets thin the deck too efficiently, you dont even need to hold a single one in hand unlike other muster/thinning effects. This and the use of Ge'els allows that dagon deck to pick up both triss and yen with extreme consistency so it is easy to win 2 rounds all while having very good carry over. I like thinning effects very much because they separate the good and bad players, knowing your odds and playing to your outs is so important but this deck is just too damn consistent and that makes it OP.

Some parts of this thread are currently under discussion and deleted for now.

Please, everyone, remember to keep things civilized and keep the focus in the game, instead of each other.

Bassario;n9153400 said:
Disagree. Harpy is fine and weather is fine. The foglets thin the deck too efficiently, you dont even need to hold a single one in hand unlike other muster/thinning effects. This and the use of Ge'els allows that dagon deck to pick up both triss and yen with extreme consistency so it is easy to win 2 rounds all while having very good carry over. I like thinning effects very much because they separate the good and bad players, knowing your odds and playing to your outs is so important but this deck is just too damn consistent and that makes it OP.

I could not agree Harpy is "fine", there is a reason it's still T1 bronze after 2 nerf. Not gonna comment further on fog swarm though, don't want to play it and don't even like to play against it

rogeriofi;n9121540 said:

Finally somebody with a fair observation!

I don't think reveal NG has beaten my NR deck once since the hotfix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom