Recent News - A Moderator Message

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until some very intelligent person will add download link to his/hers article... I look at you *Site*

Last edited:
To be fair, everything I've seen so far has been artworks and technical details. Nothing story related on any major website.

Overwhelming majority of them are not posting spoilers. Which is good. At this point, it's gaming related news whether we like it or not, they can report on it however they like, but for the sake of "journalistic integrity" most of them chose to be cautious and simply wrote about what "got leaked" without posting in-depth details.

BTW, the way some of the sites write about the leak makes me shake my head and roll eyes. Looking at you, Eurogamer.

@Damariel Alunnar IGN will be the last site to catch wind of the leak :lol: But even they would not risk anything like that

Overwhelming majority of them are not posting spoilers. Which is good. At this point, it's gaming related news whether we like it or not, they can report on it however they like, but for the sake of "journalistic integrity" most of them chose to be cautious and simply wrote about what "got leaked" without posting in-depth details.

BTW, the way some of the sites write about the leak makes me shake my head and roll eyes. Looking at you, *Site*

@Damariel Alunnar *Site* will be the last site to catch wind of the leak :lol: But even they would not risk anything like that

The fact that *Site* will be last isn't a news anymore (they're always last)...but they have tendency to say or add too much sometimes.

Yeah *Site*..shame on you.
@sidspyker Better?

Last edited:
I asked the guys from one of the major sites which already published the leaks to take down that stuff. There are real Witcher fans over there so I hope they understand the problem with spreading this stuff.... :-

Just a reminder not to name the sites where said leaked content can be found, if you've mentioned it anywhere, please edit it out.

To be fair, everything I've seen so far has been artworks and technical details. Nothing story related on any major website.

Most sites couldn't even figure out who that ash blonde girl is everybody is speaking about, they probably aren't even able to interpretate the information from the leak anyway.

Also it isn't even remotely similiar to the leaked ME3 script, which had hundreds of text lines.

So don't worry, they won't change it. There is no need to do so.

Most sites couldn't even figure out who that ash blonde girl is everybody is speaking about, they probably aren't even able to interpretate the information from the leak anyway.

Also it isn't even remotely similiar to the leaked ME3 script, which had hundreds of text lines.

So don't worry, they won't change it. There is no need to do so.
There is no need for them to understand the stuff themselves if they just put links to the material in their articles.

They should change that because it hurts gamers in general. If you have any journalistic integrity you shouldn't post stuff even the majority on 4chan has declined to spread...

It's beyond my mind why CDPR confirmed the authenticity of the files. That was a very bad move imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no need for them to understand the stuff themselves if they just put links to the material in their articles.

They should change that because it hurts gamers in general. If you have any journalistic integrity you shouldn't post stuff even the majority on 4chan has declined to spread...

Well, of course they shouldn't do that, but that would be just nuts anyway and would only hurt the image of the site and as far as i know nobody did it. All they do is talking about technical stuff and some minor "funny" things.

"We also like to reassure everyone that the disclosure of said documents does not affect the development cycle in any way."

I just think that some people need to cool down, it is by no means the end of the world, even though it's unfortunate.

Well, of course they shouldn't do that, but that would be just nuts anyway and would only hurt the image of the site and as far as i know nobody did it. All they do is talking about technical stuff and some minor "funny" things.

"We also like to reassure everyone that the disclosure of said documents does not affect the development cycle in any way."

I just think that some people need to cool down, it is by no means the end of the world, even though it's unfortunate.

Yeah, just a minor bump along the road to TW3.

Someone at CDPR fucked up, now the leak is all over the web so there's no need to cover it up like nothing's happened so cut the crap with all the censorship - my point of view

Someone at CDPR fucked up, now the leak is all over the web so there's no need to cover it up like nothing's happened so cut the crap with all the censorship - my point of view
Please don't talk about censorship if you don't understand the meaning of the word. Trying to delete leaked internal documents has nothing to do with censorship.

You know nuthin' Kris teh pwnz.

But seriously, what you said just know doesn't have anything to do with logic, they are not covering anything up, 90% of people here just don't want to get spoiled and shouldn't, plus that would be counter-productive to CDPR's effort so far and the whole projec(k)t.

It's been pretty much stable for the past 4 hours. And it's still at a pretty high number, nowhere near as bad as it was when the delay got announced.

All right, what part of the " no discussing the content of the leaks in any shape or form please" was not understood? This thread was opened in good faith to discuss the issue without spoiling things, but if it's so hard to keep it this way - it will be locked, just as any previous and further attempt to touch the subject.

Depends on one's definition of spoiler I guess, and when it comes to shares the day isn't over yet.

For some people even small issues are perhaps a massive spoiler. It takes away the fun and excitement of exploring the world and learning about stuff themselves while playing . That's not an overreaction to be upset about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom