Reckless Fury is useless against Living Armor

+
Just experienced a good joke of the recent take on "Reckless Fury's" buff.
Since the damage on armor is bypassed, Living Armor wont take any damage, logically.
Are there any more cards you found to be way too unaffected by the ability's new design?

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I didnt know about Reckless Fury, but i know Bleeding doesnt affect Living Armor, nor does vitality or boosts (to increase its points must be with giving more armor only)

You can also have fun with the alchemist from NG to boost a low unit and living armor stays unchanged. I had fun with it for a while but didn't manage to make it competitive enough in 'high' ranks

You can also have fun with the alchemist from NG to boost a low unit and living armor stays unchanged. I had fun with it for a while but didn't manage to make it competitive enough in 'high' ranks

I took this idea and went full Repelmer with it. I started by:
  • Locking my own Living Armor
  • Boosting it with Garrisons/emissaries and such.
  • Playing Vlodimir on LA (so it has about 30 armor now)
  • Purify it (the power will restore to match the armor)
  • Play alchemists on huge living armor for like 30 points each.
  • (Optional Wombo-Combo by locking it again and then playing huge Iris: Shade)
Obviously you need defender and even then it's easy to stop so I wouldn't say it's competitive. It is a pretty impressive meme strategy when it works.

There just aren't enough creative combos in Homecoming. I wish we had more carryover cards in this version. All those different carryover mechanics in Beta created a lot of interesting combos in terms of creativity. Now even adrenaline rush is gone...

I took this idea and went full Repelmer with it. I started by:
  • Locking my own Living Armor
  • Boosting it with Garrisons/emissaries and such.
  • Playing Vlodimir on LA (so it has about 30 armor now)
  • Purify it (the power will restore to match the armor)
  • Play alchemists on huge living armor for like 30 points each.
  • (Optional Wombo-Combo by locking it again and then playing huge Iris: Shade)
Obviously you need defender and even then it's easy to stop so I wouldn't say it's competitive. It is a pretty impressive meme strategy when it works.

There just aren't enough creative combos in Homecoming. I wish we had more carryover cards in this version. All those different carryover mechanics in Beta created a lot of interesting combos in terms of creativity. Now even adrenaline rush is gone...
Lol, that is lot more elaborate than how i played it. I love it! :beer:
I have to try it ;)

Haha me too. I didn't want to invest all those in living armor so just settled for a few bronze bandits increasing armor, Strategic withdrawal on alchemist to get a few +10 boosts. And filled with thinning, Assire to replay armor and some control. I got up to rank 8-10
Post automatically merged:

And completely agree with the lack of creative combos. I guess that's inherent to a point based game, where all cards/combos are compared in points swings + the video game streaming era and netdecks but I also feel that experimentation is more often than not punished more than rewarded.
I tried so many decks that I only played in the end until I could get my combo working once or twice, to realize that the overall deck was not worth it because single cards or dumb 'combos' (I mean the brainless ones like two cards basic synergy like 'do damage' and 'boost when do damage' or so) are always more reliable, as efficient AND easier to set up...

Last edited:
Yeah, it is sad, that creativity is being punished while mindless net-decking is being rewarded.
Maybe we will get more skill-based gameplay in the future :)
After playing some MTGA and LoR, i'm more convinced than ever that Gwent is THE BEST card game. But devs could learn a lot from other games, while inferior to Gwent, they do lot of things right.

Top Bottom