Recommend me a New Deck

+
Recommend me a New Deck

Hello all,

. I'm looking to make a new deck as I'm bored with the one that I have now. I will probably be allowed in 8000 scraps for it so this will be an expensive build.

do you think I should do so now or should I wait for a little bit for things to settle down?

and if I were to do it now what deck would you recommend? I would like to play that that is fun but also very viable competitively

DRK3

Forum veteran
You should probably state which one you have now, so other players are able to recommend different yet efficient ones.

I like making burn decks where you constantly aim to destroy an opponents cards as they come in, you could try something like that! I've been running around with an ST deck using Swordmaster as one of its anchors and it has been working out pretty well.

Hi guys since Im not allowed to make threads yet, I will just post it here. I have been playing for a few days with my consume deck climbed all the way to 16 rank. I want to try some new decks because I got a lil bored of consume and it gets alot harder while you climb since you are a one trick pony when it comes to my deck.
Any suggestions for decks that is highly competitive now? Budget doesnt matter I can buy all cards.

No Title

I recently created this fun little Skellige deck, because I played the living life out of Monsters. Even losing is fun.

Hints: use Decoy on Blueboy Lugos, and build a Chort factory.

Feel free to switch out Wolfsbane and replace it with something else to your liking.

Attachments

• photo183001.png
    photo183001.png
    658.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
DigzGwentplayer;n9925671 said:
A deck that doesn't rely on luck, is there such a thing?

A lot of decks don't "rely" on luck.

Sure, an element of luck will be involved here and there, but I don't see many decks that would rely on it.

devivre;n9925821 said:
A lot of decks don't "rely" on luck.

Sure, an element of luck will be involved here and there, but I don't see many decks that would rely on it.

Yeah, but surely, I think everybody experienced this at least once, like:

- at the start of the round you draw all bronzes, or
- drawing the card you didn't want to pull cause you have the card that could pull it from your deck.

I know these things could be fixed by round 2 or through mulligans but I'm just wondering if there is a deck that's just so perfect that you don't need to redraw it or no matter how the deck is shuffled you'd still get the card that you want..... ?

Well, if not then is there something close to it?

DigzGwentplayer;n9926011 said:
Yeah, but surely, I think everybody experienced this at least once, like:

- at the start of the round you draw all bronzes, or
- drawing the card you didn't want to pull cause you have the card that could pull it from your deck.

I know these things could be fixed by round 2 or through mulligans but I'm just wondering if there is a deck that's just so perfect that you don't need to redraw it or no matter how the deck is shuffled you'd still get the card that you want..... ?

Well, if not then is there something close to it?

You can be hit by a tree and die, but that doesn't mean life depends on "luck" :).

Besides factions like ST, NR often can fix a bad draw via mulligan or discard in round 1. NG usually doesn't struggle so much with issues like that. SK is pretty reliable as well, besides discarding can sometimes help to get the cards you want. With Monsters bad draws may be a bit more tricky sometimes but even there you have ways to get key cards with a pretty high likelihood. As said before, sure, sometimes luck is involved but IMO that doesn't mean that every deck is luck dependent.

Last edited:
devivre;n9926061 said:
You can be hit by a tree and die, but that doesn't mean life depends on "luck" :).

Very nice, thank you.

Monsters have the highest chance of drawing cards that you were not supposed to at the moment. ST, NR and NG controls their deck, but not perfectly. That's why I love NG, even if you have almost 0 luck you can definitely fight back against bad draws (I use spies and alchemy). SK is tricky as long as no one eats by the graveyard everything's good.... :v

DigzGwentplayer;n9927291 said:
Very nice, thank you.

Monsters have the highest chance of drawing cards that you were not supposed to at the moment...

Hahaha - try to play Alchemy-Reveal NG or NR Swarm. :D

Every Faction can have these builds in which mulligan is Hell. Some even have whole Archetypes built around this.

I want to have fun again

Hey guys right now I have 3 decks.

stennis, dwarves, devour.

they all do well but are boring since I've had them for about 6 months or so. Does anyone have an idea on a really fun and exciting deck I can play?

it doesn't have to be the best deck it just has to be good enough to give me 50 50.

emphasis on fun

Wait until the Midwinter patch and make a Shupe's Big Adventure deck.

BTW, just throwing out an arbitrary term doesn't describe a deck. A Stennis deck can be anything, Dwarves have at least 4 variations and Consume also has an odd 5 or so.

Suggest me a deck

I have played Gwent on closed beta and stopped playing when it went out to open beta(mainly because of lack time to learn the mechanics). I decided to return last week (coincidentally on premium keg week) and opened around 39 kegs that i got as reward for closed beta. I was wondering if someone could help me make a deck.

Here's my collection.

I have finished single player challenges way back so i do have all the leader cards associated with it. I also got 300 scraps as reward and if i use mill spare cards, i could get another 390 scraps.
P.S.I don't have any preference to any faction.

Top Bottom