Recommended Nvidia drivers?

+
Recommended Nvidia drivers?

Hi all,I just bought The Witcher, and I'm curious as to which Nvidia drivers have been working well for everyone. Mostly I've been sticking with the older 163.71 WHQL drivers due to my own laziness, but I've noticed that Nvidia released the 169.21 WHQL drivers on December 19th. I'll probably give these a try later on, but maybe there's an even better driver set out there for the Witcher and I thought I'd ask the guys that would know best before I update. Sometimes the latest drivers aren't always the best drivers in some cases.System specifications:CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600Video: 8800GTS 320MBMainboard: Intel D975XBX2RAM: 2GB DDR2Soundcard: X-Fi ExtremeMusic Windows XP Pro 32-bit w/Latest updates and DirectX (Nov 2007)

I played first time through with an Athlon 64 3200+, 2 GB PC3200 RAM, and a 7900 GTO, using the 94.24 driver. No issues.This time it's with an E6750, 2 GB PC2 6400 RAM, the same 7900 GTO and using the 169.21 drivers. Smooth gameplay, no issues yet (only in act 1 though).Both on XP Home SP2 32 bit.

My game still crashes occasionally in Vista after a few hours constant play but it's not the video drivers at fault here. I'm using the 169.28 beta drivers from laptopvideo2go.

harleyquin84, are you saying you are using a laptop and are playing for three hours at a time? what act are you in? I am using 169.25 release and these are the latest approve release. I can play all day in act 2 in the swamp and temple district and the sewers, but when I go to the trade district in act 3 it lasts 10 to 15 minutes and CTD.

Top Bottom