Recommended PC Settings According to Digital Foundry.

+
I know a lot of people are having issues with this game, but i saw this video that might help the game run a little better or at least give an idea of what settings can be kept low without seeing much of a visual hit. I have no where near the system specs they use in the video but i've used almost the same non-ray trace settings as whats shown in the video and the game runs well. Though I do have a weird hardware config right now.

*The other settings not listed such as Depth of Field, Film Grain, etc are personal preference.
**Texture Quality must be set independently from the presets. Unless im mistaken a high preset doesn't set Texture Quality to High along with it. Texture quality can only be changed from the Main Menu.

Standard Optimized Settings

Contact Shadows: On
Improved Facial Lighting Geometry: On
Local Shadow Mesh Quality: High
Local Shadow Quality: High
Cascaded Shadows Range: High
Cascaded Shadows Resolution: Medium
Distant Shadows Resolution: High
Volumetric Fog Resolution: 1080p Ultra, 1440p High, 4K Medium
Volumetric Cloud Quality: Medium
Max Dynamic Decals: Ultra
Screen Space Reflections Quality: Low but High if you find the amount of grain distracting.
Subsurface Scattering Quality: High
Ambient Occlusion: Low (there is barely a difference)
Color Precision: Medium
Mirror Quality: 1080p High. 1440p High, 4K Medium
Level of Detail: High

Recommended Ray Tracing Settings

Ray Traced Reflections: On
Ray Traced Shadows: Off
Ray Traced Lighting: Medium
If that is not enough for you, Turn off reflections - the RT lighting is more important, on balance.

Image Quality Recommendations: 1080p DLSS Quality, 1440p DLSS Balanced, 4K DLSS Performance

My personal Specs are
Ryzen 9 3900x
32GB RAM
GTX 970 (i know)

I think my processor is somehow doing some of the lifting because my game runs pretty smooth despite my card. Knock on wood, no major bugs yet just the minor annoying stuff.

Top Bottom