Recruiting for Edgerunners Incorporated!

+
Wow... the response was much bigger than I though... I figured it would really be just the people who knew each other from around the Cyberpunk 2020 community...

To be honest, I really had no plan for what this was going to be, I just wanted to give old school fans of the tabletop top who kinda already knew each other a place to hang out... seems I will have to rethink my plans... or actually come up with one...

Underestimation of the denizens of Night City is very easy to do it seems. And to echo others, your idea does look to be this forum area itself.

Been over 10 years or more since I've even looked at a pnp RPG - dropped out of gaming due to tertiary education commitments.

Cyberpunk 2020 is one of those titles I enjoyed both playing and GMing, even listening to JMJ and Billy Idol just to dredge up the late 80s/early 90s (sad I know), but I need my neon fix every now and then.

At times I really miss those weekend gaming sessions along with some good friends who have departed along the way (R.I.P) - Looking very forward to this and joining up with some of the Old Gang for 2077.

Cheers
Tony (Wo0m3rA)

Hmmm, then maybe what this needs to be, is an online hook type thing... where people interested in the tabletop game can state their locations, if they are interested in finding a game or players...

I am in NW Arkansas, always interested in meeting new players...

I run a mesh of CP2020 meets Bubblegum crisis using a blend of the two systems to make a very surreal and gritty universe. Coming on my 19th since I started living on the Edge. Never look back. Central NJ here.

I started out playing CP2020 with most of my friends back when i was 17, 13 years later, I've still get the yearning to play .... though we all learned our lesson about "suped-up" cars with NOS .... no matter how fast your going, you'll never out run the bullet shot from an AV-4. (though when it critically hits your gas tank, you and your car do resemble the picture from Back to the Future ... 2 paths of flames down the lane where your tires used to grip the road.) I always enjoy playing most of the roles of the game, and love being the GM as well. live in ohio myself

Okay, since the post had been edited, I'll add my info.

I live in Clarkesville, GA. Long time tabletop gamer, I've played everything from first printing red box D&D, which my dad introduced me in 1979, all the way through the Serenity RPG and dozens in between.

I'd have to say my favorite game system of all time is Silhouette from Dream Pod 9, but I've been exposed to just about every system there is. If anyone in the area wants to get a group of anything tabletop related started, I'm all in.

Grimbriar;3704 I'd have to say my favorite game system of all time is Silhouette from Dream Pod 9 said:
I agree that it is one of the best systems. Did you see the CP2020 conversion to Silhouette engine? It was not totally complete but very nearly so, unfortunately I don't remember who the author was. I ran one game using it and I think it was a blast. I suppose I would have run a longer game using it but I didn't come up with fun enough follow up scenario, so it ended there.

I agree that it is one of the best systems. Did you see the CP2020 conversion to Silhouette engine? It was not totally complete but very nearly so, unfortunately I don't remember who the author was. I ran one game using it and I think it was a blast. I suppose I would have run a longer game using it but I didn't come up with fun enough follow up scenario, so it ended there.

Heard rumors of it, haven't seen it though.

I admire that. Sadly, the minimum is seven. May i recommend Grimbriar, over there? He's from Georgia - they aren't really people. Oooh! Or Wisdom - death would probably be a sweet release from Arkansas. Unless you're in the two good square miles he's in, somewhere in the NW. If you take Wisdom, check out his gaming room. Supposed to be fantastic.

Winder, Gerogia.
I remember the time my group back in high school ended up nuking Arasaka Towers before it was canon...you're all hipsters...lol ;p
Anyway, a couple of the guys were having a pissing contest over who had the best gear, most cutting edge cyber and biggest guns. Me and one other fellow are trying to pay attention to what the GM is doing when all of a sudden the GM snatches up a huge double handful of six siders and rolls them across the table. Well, that got everyone's attention real quick...so they all look at him with the classical "Dafuq??" expressions. He calmly replies that we're all dead because while we were supposed to be sneaking trough the building, all the noise of their arguing alerted the guards as to our presence and Arasaka blew a small nuke under the building. This game would have been some time in 92...ahhh, the good old days...lol.

I'm also fond of Iron Kingdoms, which is Fantasy/Steampunk...guess if you like, you could almost say Cyberpunk set in the Victorian era..lol.
Feel free to ask about other games, I've played a rather large number over the years. Got my official start at maybe six or so when my dear, unsuspecting mother bought me the legendary Red Box....lol.

I admire that. Sadly, the minimum is seven. May i recommend Grimbriar, over there? He's from Georgia - they aren't really people. Oooh! Or Wisdom - death would probably be a sweet release from Arkansas. Unless you're in the two good square miles he's in, somewhere in the NW. If you take Wisdom, check out his gaming room. Supposed to be fantastic.

Really? A public outsourcing for a hit? Have you name shame?

You are now a Nomad in my eyes!

Good. Day. Sir!

(PS... I live in Georgia. I'm not FROM Georgia. ;) )

Edit: Awesome Wisdom!

And Rache! Hey neighbor!

Top Bottom