red/blue coin

+

nehu

Forum regular
as there are many point slam decks now

i guess it needs some serious solution

what about dynamic changing who is under the gun? (first one playing card in turn)

who has more points at the moment plays first (except first turn of course)

is it good or bad idea?

nehu

Forum regular
Wouldn't that mean that you can play 2 card in a row?

good point, it wont be easy transformation, some mechanics have to be reworked then (orders conditioned by opponent s played card etc.)

but it could be interesting new tactical dimension, take or not to take chance to play two cards in a row.,,

Now that i think about it, it's not a bad idea. I could imagine this becoming kind of a "skill mechanic" like passing or bleeding.
However, there is the problem of playing 2 big engines in a row or playing something like Visogota and Defender, there are definitely some ways to abuse this mechanic and snowball into easy win.
Would be cool, if devs implemented it into one of the seasonal modes, to sort of test it out. :)

Hell no.

I am behind in this turn.

So i out fion, use my leader ability tô take The advantage and in The next turn i play damian.

Profit

nehu

Forum regular
So i out fion, use my leader ability tô take The advantage and in The next turn i play damian.

-> some mechanics have to be reworked then (orders conditioned by opponent s played card etc.)

tbh, even now u can spawn and play damien in same turn

i guess anything is better than 15+ turns of disadvantage of playing always 1st card in turn, just because of bad coinflip

playing first in first round should mean u will play 2nd in 3rd round and vice versa, strategem is puny compensation if u r not able to win first round with it

i wonder what are stats of winning games bonded to red/blue coins, monthly stats are showing just factions and leaders

Last edited:
I was thinking today that some alternate faction strategems (like 3 - 4 to choose from) would be nice. For example one that spawns some firesworn zealots or one that applies spying to a few enemy units or something just to be able to support different archetypes within each faction. It also feels like the neutral strategems could be buffed a little bit (like making TA 6 points instead of 5) since everything has been powercrept and a turn usually puts out 6 - 9 points a turn.

Starting on blue with the exception of a few decks is just such a disadvantage it feels like some more balancing around it would be helpful. Also I have been on blue coin streaks where I play like 8 games and get blue coin every time. I know its just bad luck but it feels crummy when it happens to you, maybe the game could alternate which coin you start on and match you up with someone else who is on the opposite coin or tweak the probability depending on how many times you played each coin.

Messyr

Forum regular
Come on, the easy solution here is to introduce THE new stratagem: "Withdraw Forces", forcing your opponent to start instead of you! :D

nehu

Forum regular
Come on, the easy solution here is to introduce THE new stratagem: "Withdraw Forces", forcing your opponent to start instead of you! :D

the problem is not about who is starting first, but about who is finishing last

I was thinking today that some alternate faction strategems (like 3 - 4 to choose from) would be nice. For example one that spawns some firesworn zealots or one that applies spying to a few enemy units or something just to be able to support different archetypes within each faction. It also feels like the neutral strategems could be buffed a little bit (like making TA 6 points instead of 5) since everything has been powercrept and a turn usually puts out 6 - 9 points a turn.

Starting on blue with the exception of a few decks is just such a disadvantage it feels like some more balancing around it would be helpful. Also I have been on blue coin streaks where I play like 8 games and get blue coin every time. I know its just bad luck but it feels crummy when it happens to you, maybe the game could alternate which coin you start on and match you up with someone else who is on the opposite coin or tweak the probability depending on how many times you played each coin.
funny. 90% of the time i prefer the blue coin and i aways get the red one.

Oh God, please don't touch the coin mechanics... They are pretty okay now AND easily balanceable through strategems. I really don't want to fall back to the pre-strategem era where your win chance is determined at the beginning of the game.

It's good that Swim solved that problem by pitching the idea of an "untouchable roach for 4 or 5 points" for the player who has to start...

nehu

Forum regular
Oh God, please don't touch the coin mechanics... They are pretty okay now AND easily balanceable through strategems. I really don't want to fall back to the pre-strategem era where your win chance is determined at the beginning of the game.

It's good that Swim solved that problem by pitching the idea of an "untouchable roach for 4 or 5 points" for the player who has to start...

if 4 or 5 points is enough for you to win first round with blue coin, tneh u r lucky guy

but i dont believe its balanced, as to play with red coin usually gave you 2 cards to overtake it when blue coiner passes

blue coin is like punishment, as there is no strategem in third round and usually blue coiners are forced to play first even there

Last edited:
If it were up to me, I'd look at some other creative solutions. Some different options that spring to mind:

- Whoever wins the coin toss chooses whether they go first or last.
- Whoever goes first in the first round also goes last in the last round.
- Whoever goes first can bank their bonus mulligan for use in the second or third round if they choose not to use it in the first round.
- Players bid for red coin by sacrificing provisions - whoever has the most unused provisions in their deck gets the red coin. The coin flip is only used in event of a provision bidding tie.

If it were up to me, I'd look at some other creative solutions. Some different options that spring to mind:

- Whoever wins the coin toss chooses whether they go first or last.
- Whoever goes first in the first round also goes last in the last round.
- Whoever goes first can bank their bonus mulligan for use in the second or third round if they choose not to use it in the first round.
- Players bid for red coin by sacrificing provisions - whoever has the most unused provisions in their deck gets the red coin. The coin flip is only used in event of a provision bidding tie.
I find the last two options very interesting.

Many of your suggestions have already been made since Midwinter Update and CDPR dismisses them because them being overly complex and hard to understand for newer players. Not necessarily my opinion – just saying...

nehu

Forum regular
Many of your suggestions have already been made since Midwinter Update and CDPR dismisses them because them being overly complex and hard to understand for newer players. Not necessarily my opinion – just saying...

"pro" game deserves more than coinflip, just sayin...

nehu

Forum regular
whats worse, hard set playing first / playing second is even more broken in fun modes

there is like no fun, if playing first most likely means to lose whole match

Top Bottom