Red Dead Redemption 2 (Red Dead 3)

+
Thanks for the info, Audie & Snow, yeah less concerned about the mechanical (dis)advantages and more just curious about the tone changes, I already know I want to do playthroughs with min/max honor as well as ones where I go to the extremes of hygiene, just wasn't sure how I was going to be combining those, high honor gives additional outfits so will probably be dishonorable mountain man and honorable city boy, which to be honest are the least compelling combinations but the more sensible route for gameplay. I know hygiene is easy to change on a whim, and it sounds like I can grind honor but I'm curious about the differences if I maintain one trend through the whole endeavor.

Well I will find out soon bc I have no willpower and decided to buy it last night, just finished downloading so I'll have to wait till after work, but man it looks like a good game.

Thanks for the info, Audie & Snow, yeah less concerned about the mechanical (dis)advantages and more just curious about the tone changes, I already know I want to do playthroughs with min/max honor as well as ones where I go to the extremes of hygiene, just wasn't sure how I was going to be combining those, high honor gives additional outfits so will probably be dishonorable mountain man and honorable city boy, which to be honest are the least compelling combinations but the more sensible route for gameplay. I know hygiene is easy to change on a whim, and it sounds like I can grind honor but I'm curious about the differences if I maintain one trend through the whole endeavor.

Well I will find out soon bc I have no willpower and decided to buy it last night, just finished downloading so I'll have to wait till after work, but man it looks like a good game.
Please do let us know what you think. The more people that join in, the better. Perhaps a few of us can give the Online a try when it launches.

It's a fantastic game, but it's definitely not for everyone. You really have to be someone that enjoys taking their time with things, exploring (lots of horse riding) , and a slow pace story. It does, however, feel action packed when in a gun fight, at least to me. At any case, it's a different beast in pacing compared to GTAV. I'd say RDR2 is to GTAV as what God of War (2018) is to the previous GoW series.

It's a fantastic game, but it's definitely not for everyone. You really have to be someone that enjoys taking their time with things, exploring (lots of horse riding) , and a slow pace story. It does, however, feel action packed when in a gun fight, at least to me. At any case, it's a different beast in pacing compared to GTAV. I'd say RDR2 is to GTAV as what God of War (2018) is to the previous GoW series.
Good comparisons, I agree.

Welp. I just shot up Valentine. Stupid Cornwall. Having to go somewhere else now. I'm really liking the slow pace. I also like how all the systems are introduced very gradually. Like I just learned how to fish, and it's probably 12+ hours into the game. The game really is so much fun.

Boy howdy I had a grand ol' time last night, fisticuffin' ruffians, riding off into sunsets, I can't think of a finer time to be had east o'Boulder.

:)
Seriously though, it feels like I am in a western, it is amazing...BUUUUT I failed a mission and had to replay the pre-mission 10 minute long not-a-cutscene-cutscene where you just hold x while having a horse riding conversation, that friends is a giant pile o'hooey. I wouldn't remove them, it really added something the first time I did it, but there was a clear point before the action starts which is where a replay should start from, not back at mission acceptance.

Seriously though, it feels like I am in a western, it is amazing...BUUUUT I failed a mission and had to replay the pre-mission 10 minute long not-a-cutscene-cutscene where you just hold x while having a horse riding conversation, that friends is a giant pile o'hooey. I wouldn't remove them, it really added something the first time I did it, but there was a clear point before the action starts which is where a replay should start from, not back at mission acceptance.
Yeah, the two mechanical things that annoy me about the game the most are the autosaves generally and not being able to run in camp. Walking from the butcher's to my tent is like COME ON.

Yeah, the two mechanical things that annoy me about the game the most are the autosaves generally and not being able to run in camp. Walking from the butcher's to my tent is like COME ON.
Boy howdy I had a grand ol' time last night, fisticuffin' ruffians, riding off into sunsets, I can't think of a finer time to be had east o'Boulder.

:)

Glad you both are having so much fun with it. :)

And I agree with those frustrations. The autosave system in particular. Walking in camp doesn't bother me, though. It's probably so you can't easily bowl into people and knock everything off the tables.

Also, Rawls, for some reason the game keeps popping up and asking if I want to overwrite my last autosave, interrupting my gameplay. Is that normal for PS4 games? Because it's seriously annoying. YES, you can overwrite my autosaves. That's the whole point.

Sheesh.

Is that normal for PS4 games? Because it's seriously annoying. YES, you can overwrite my autosaves. That's the whole point.
It is not normal for PS4 games in my experience. I've only had it pop up a few times so far in the game, but it is annoying. It almost always happens shortly after I reload to a manual save spot.

I've just finished rdr2... masterpiece.

It revolutionizes open world games: main quest and side quests perfectly mix together, you never feel like you are in a hurrry to "save Ciri" but you stop for "finding a witcher armor set". Or you never collect all the possible loot in order to sell it, which breaks immersion even more if it's level based loot.

Yeah, I made this analogy on purpose, I really hope that cyberpunk 2077 wont' have the same kind of flaws.

Come on, CDPR, now you have an harder job if you want (as we hope) to make the best "7th-gen-game".

Your opinion is false and you should feel bad.
I guess that depends on the meaning of "common".

The game definitely isn't common in the sense of technology. But in terms of gameplay, story, etc. ..., that's open to a wide range of opinions.

It's grown sufficiently uninteresting to me that I've moved back to other games, and am not likely to pick it back up again soon to finish it. I already just want everything to unlock, ignore the story, and completely play free roam. First time that's happened to me with a Rockstar game in a long time.

Story was always a burden for me in Rockstar games. I'm just not into their writing. Let me free roam. That's the only way I enjoyed Red Dead.

I guess that depends on the meaning of "common".

The game definitely isn't common in the sense of technology. But in terms of gameplay, story, etc. ..., that's open to a wide range of opinions.

It's grown sufficiently uninteresting to me that I've moved back to other games, and am not likely to pick it back up again soon to finish it. I already just want everything to unlock, ignore the story, and completely play free roam. First time that's happened to me with a Rockstar game in a long time.
I was just kidding.

Top Bottom