Red dead redemption comparence

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just tried RDR2 on ps4, i heard people complaining on cyberpunk 2077 suggesting me to try it and I did.

Now im wondering, if you who see RDR2 as better game graphically and less buggy, could you care to evaluate?

Cause I see at least same amount of bugs in RDR2 as in CP2077. Weird low polygon meshes, akward horse movement and meshes going through other meshes...

Graphically... Only thing that I was impressed on was the snow and how walking would make holes in snow. That was beautiful. Lighting i find also good but clearly not on same level as cp2077. Bad stuff: loads of 2d models, faces looking like made out of plastic, low res textures, empty environment... My conclusion is that Cyberpunk is on a totally different level graphically, RDR2 reminds me of Witcher 3 graphics. Both use a lot of 2d textures to act as environment like trees, just that witcher 3 seems to do it a little bit better and also don't have the cartoonish style in it.

There are a lot of comparisons on how NPCs work in both games. RDR2 is a great example of how NPCs in games should look like (interactive, have daily routines). Cyberpunk is lacking of good NPC AI, so people point out that a lot.

There are a lot of comparisons on how NPCs work in both games. RDR2 is a great example of how NPCs in games should look like (interactive, have daily routines). Cyberpunk is lacking of good NPC AI, so people point out that a lot.
People pointing this out because that's almost only thing where RDR2 is better than CP2077 and ignoring facts like gamplay, graphics, writing, and scale of world is just worse (it 's easier to make daily routines for few NPCs, when you can see probably more than hundred npcs at once in CP2077.
For most people RDR2 is worse than Witcher 3, and Witcher 3 NPCs were even worse than CP2077.

Playing RDO after being disappointed by Cyberpunk made me appreciate RDR a lot. Between awful NPC AI and graphical bugs of CP, RDR is a looooot better than CP. Sorry. :shrug:

I finished RDR2 on the one X, it's a masterpiece. The grafix was best of its time. And the story telling, the pacing and actual gameplay is fantastic and very smooth .

The real difference that set it apart is that after playing RDR2, most people will be satisfied and convinced that it's the pinnacle of game developing. It's a very well made game, the devs really tried hard and did their best . Quality and depth of attention to detail really shines.

I'm not going to say that it's the best of the best, but it's a very very well made and very high quality game. I wish there're more games like it. I really do, I'd gladly pay double . Because I appreciate quality.

The problem with CP2077 is that it lacked polish and attention to detail, a gentle, cohesive way to connect all the dots in the game world and make it feel alive. For example the leveling system should be there so players can feel rewarded and personalized WHEN progressing and not a cap to limit the freedom of them.

And the attention to detail and polishing, say If something new works 99 percent of the time, that sounds great , right? But say if the object in question is a phone, and the user checks the device 100 times a day; that means the device fails at least once a day. Suddenly, that extra 1 percent is quite unforgivable.

Because if it's not working , it is broken. And you can not satisfyingly access that other 99% before you get it working again.

A bug is just like that one annoying dead pixel in the middle of your screen. Yes there are at least 8 million other working pixels you can enjoy, but dammit you'd still stare at that one dead pixel !

Last edited:
I like CP2077, just look at my posts an you'll know that, played it religiously on One X an now Series X without much hassle or atleast not as much as some, i also played to death RDR2 on base P4 which i got at launch an not once did a quest bug out, a npc bug out, my console shudown, game crash, PC have attrocious animations, PC hair disappear, my pp hang out my trousers, my chest hang out my top (unintentionally), my horse (vehicle) get stuck in the ground or be attrocious to steer an gameplay always worked (CP gameplay doesnt always work, looking at you hacking) all of which plus more CP did on the One X an still crashes the Series X as in turns the console completely of.

I could go on but there is no point, it doesn't matter what you or me thought of the story or gameplay in RDR2 for both are again subjective so it's pointless comparing them to what CP offer but i'll take RDR2 launch on base console everytime over CP's simply because CP's was and still is utterly awful.

Thank god i live in a world where i can enjoy both though

No. TW3 npcs at the very least had schedules. They had a routine. They went to work during the day, in the evening and night they were in taverns or in their houses sleeping.
CP npcs popout out of nowhere and wander aimlessly like zombies in the streets.
I don't think you understand NPC system for CP, NPC system from CP2077 is for larger scale map with (hundreds of) thousands of NPCs, there's daily routine like in Witcher but with larger effect, because number of NPC (same with cars) in different areas will be determined by day/night cycle. It's obvious. If you think there's studio in whole gaming world, who can handcraft daily routines for (hundreds) of thousands) of NPCs then let me know.
NPC system from Witcher 3 is raw, you can see people doing silly things over and over again it's not really better than this one from CP2077, it's like comparing scale of Novigrad to scale and complexity of Night City, it doesnt' make sense at all.
Can system from CP be less buggy, for sure, but I don't think there is better idea for massive city with (hundreds) of thousands NPC right now, but correct me if I'm wrong. What they need to polish it, and that's it.
It's just same like with lipsync technolgy. yeah mo-cap will make better effect but with much larger costs, but you will be able to make one very polished language version instead of 10 polished versions.
Post automatically merged:

RDR2 is not worse than Witcher 3, just boring :shrug:
So it's boring game, so why some people are surprised it makes Witcher 3 better game?
Let's not ignore obvious flaws of Rockstar games, like handholding mission design (very low standard).

Last edited:
So i just tried RDR2 on ps4, i heard people complaining on cyberpunk 2077 suggesting me to try it and I did.

Now im wondering, if you who see RDR2 as better game graphically and less buggy, could you care to evaluate?

Cause I see at least same amount of bugs in RDR2 as in CP2077. Weird low polygon meshes, akward horse movement and meshes going through other meshes...

Graphically... Only thing that I was impressed on was the snow and how walking would make holes in snow. That was beautiful. Lighting i find also good but clearly not on same level as cp2077. Bad stuff: loads of 2d models, faces looking like made out of plastic, low res textures, empty environment... My conclusion is that Cyberpunk is on a totally different level graphically, RDR2 reminds me of Witcher 3 graphics. Both use a lot of 2d textures to act as environment like trees, just that witcher 3 seems to do it a little bit better and also don't have the cartoonish style in it.

LOL, of course man, you just "tried" it :coolstory:
I swear, one could read all your posts and smells the fakery from miles. RDR2 is amazing both on ps4 and pc graphically speaking, maybe you did play RDR1?
I get it, you are trying to defend CP2077 at all costs but the graphics are not even the problem. The level of cringy defenses on this forum is something else really.

ya1

Forum regular
Comparing RDR2 to CP77 is like comparing a Lexus GX a Ferrari F40. Thing about that Ferrari tho - somebody took the engine out, stripped the interior and left a pile of feces on the passenger seat.

there's daily routine like in Witcher but with larger effect

There is no daily routine. There is only an illusion of it.

There are two kinds of NPC, named and no-names (NC Residents). (EDIT: actually three kinds: residents, variable named and set named). The nameless ones spawn, do one of the generic behaviors at random (like walking, sitting, standing and talking on the phone, hugging a drunk partner, etc.) and de-spawn. Named ones are manually inserted into the enviro to do a specific thing in a specific place at a specific time of day, and they do not exist in the game beyond that one thing. If you go to their location at the wrong time, they are not there. If you wait at the location, they do not leave and do not come. But when you look away when they should or should not be there, they appear or disappear. Also, their names and models change. There are also set named NPC like Vitaliy Ivanov at H10 gym who are not rotated and do their thing all the time. Same as the interactive NPC who are always at the same place doing one of their scripted behaviors (as far as I noticed - at random). (EDIT: to be precise there are also the mission NPC who only exist for a specific mission like the gal who talks to the vending machine AI)

To CDPR defense, making all NPC in a "big crowded city" have a meaningful routine would be too much of a strain, and definitely too much for old gen to handle (nevertheless they did allude that this would be the case in their promos). But there is no excuse for the magical appearing and disappearing of the named NPC. Or lying to the public as if the former was actually doable and would be the case.

Last edited:
For most people RDR2 is worse than Witcher 3

Who are these "most people" I wonder... Maybe only here, on Witcher's forum.
I love Witcher 3 a lot, but, RDR2 is unreachable masterpiece, there is literally no game to compare, it has the best, most believable world and characters ever, best game mechanics and visuals, the most dramatic story, Arthur is my top 1 favorite protagonist ever.

Used to be worse, you see a car behind you, turn around and the car gone to Mikoshi. Same with NPC.

But maybe it's too much to ask the devs to give npc some life rather than it going to Mikoshi when something happens (such as you firing a shot).

I have to wonder though if the game was made in 2018 and someone decided to ditch the whole game and remake a new one from scratch? Because the game from the 2018 trailer looks completely different.

Graphically... Only thing that I was impressed on was the snow and how walking would make holes in snow. That was beautiful. Lighting i find also good but clearly not on same level as cp2077. Bad stuff: loads of 2d models, faces looking like made out of plastic, low res textures, empty environment... My conclusion is that Cyberpunk is on a totally different level graphically, RDR2 reminds me of Witcher 3 graphics.

Well... Here are some of my shots from RDR2:

wichura.png

rdr_drogamleczna.jpg

rdr_latarenka1.jpg

rdr_latarenka2.jpg

BTW, notice how NPCs in the first picture hide from the rain under the roof...

Well... Here are some of my shots from RDR2:

View attachment 11180441
View attachment 11180444
View attachment 11180447
View attachment 11180450

BTW, notice how NPCs in the first picture hide from the rain under the roof...

You have to realize that Night City is just REALLY dense. RDR and RDR2 isn't really that dense when it comes to activities and npc activity. You got a town here and there, and it really isn't that big at all. Saint Denis is probably the densest when it comes to activity but even then it's like one district of night city at most.

I think they probably should have delayed the game at least a year to properly implement them, especially it looks like they started over from scratch in 2018 (any idea why?).

I saw at least one youtube video saying that RDR2 has a lot of wildlife and Cyberpunk 2077 has none, but there is a story reason why there aren't any wildlife. If RDR2 was devoid of wildlife then there would be reason to complain at Rockstar. The Witcher 3 has wildlife too.

I know people complained about the poor optimization of GTA IV because it loaded EVERYthing into the game, including inside the building, npc inside, etc. and that was the reason why it needed such a powerful computer for the time it came out (when it came out on PC the graphic was dated but even the best pc of the time struggled to run it).

GTA V is better but it taxed the hell out of my computer when it's running when I switch to another application mid game. CP2077 doesn't even tax the system that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom