Red engine

+
Red engine

Heard they updated the RED engine significantly after blood and wine released. The new PS4 and Xbox specifications are probably one of the main reasons we haven't seen live gameplay yet (three years since teaser). Why would a company reveal a lower quality software build (even just a teaser update) if they could wait several months to have access to a xbox Scorpio development edition console. Then you could release a mind blowing video with it running on that consoles specifications... or you could just show us Geralt walking around with the modified engine to squeak us past this time of uncertainty . Something / anything I'm losing excitement quickly.I mean I had to restart my login for the forums because I couldn't remember my login from 3 years ago. Just don't continually polish your jewelry only to put it back in the drawer to be unseen . Give us a fake "LEAK" with some crumbs showing up here and there . Something anything before I am so hungover with blood and wine that I forget I'm waiting for a game from a developer that created a wonderful mini verse I enjoyed.

They said they were updating it. That's really about all we know. Feel free to join the rest of us making guesses with zero basis in known facts tho!

Hello.

I doubt they have shown a "low quality" reveal. That teaser looks that it was 100% shown as some kind of... "short film teaser trailer reveal" I know that they have made it using only Maya,Zbrush, Blender or even Modbox (depending what they have). To showcase how they want the game to look like and their vision to the game. We can state, that it's going to look way different from what they have already shown in the past 3yrs, since technology evolve fast. We surely going to have a better looking game over all.

Take in consideration this, that reveal was a showcasing tittle, for what the game is going to be based about, the theme and feel of it. The hidden teases and not hidden teases showing clearly the core of it all in a nutshell only in 2 minutes 27 seconds. I can probably be sure that it wasn't even made with their own engine.

P.s. So long.

Last edited:
Will scorpio's existence effect a game, CP77 in particular in terms of tech limitations? Won't it be obligatory for a game to run on xbone also and the extra power of scorpio is for 4k? Or is it up the devs to make different versions(f.i. no 4K but better framerate and/or some other power hungry feature on scorpio) of a game as long as the game releases for both on xbone and scorpio?

Scorpio will have little effect. That game will be made for xbox one ps4 and pc, You cannot make a game just for scorpio and pro.The base versions will be made for one and 4. It will determine the quality bar, Scorpio extra power (and pro for that matter) will be used to deliver 4k. So the difference will be in resolution. (pro with upscaling while scorpio with native 4k) Its highly unlikely that it will offer more graphically or performance wise. It still gonna be a challenge to do 4k natively as its difficult even on very powerful pc (especially in 60 fps) Besides. scorpio is still gonna be weaker than 1070 card (and who knows what line of card will come when scorpio arrives) si its not like scorpio will offer generational leap. (it is great offering in terms of power/price ratio though)

I think that CDPR might use a modified version of Red Engine 3. I will be amazed if CDPR gets close to the graphics in the reveal trailer.

That WAS NOT a gameplay trailer.
It was made by a separate movie/graphics company not CDPR, as a reveal and add for employees.

they are still updating the engne, and the developmnt of the game has just started there is nothing to show yet,
and the engne will be updated so much, that it will seem as an entire new version

Top Bottom