Red Flame interactive and CD Projekt RED are pleased to announce Deception!

+
Violetdusk said:
Hi guys,I am running Deception but it seems bugged. Basically, I can't get to talk to Gustan after I uncover the monster...it says i need to come back in morning. However, I went back to the inn, and I was able to give evidence, where I was then transported to the town hall, and was able to see the maid and gustan (who I never even met yet and yet judge them...) and continue quest....I think it's a bug as I didn't meet them yet and are already asked to judge them. Also sometimes Geralt is meant to talk but doesnt, and I just see the subtitles....I copied all folders in correct places, manually. Are anyone else getting similar problems? I don't know how to rest till morning as no barman....Appreciate any help. Otherwise, good job.
There is a Campfire in the Hearth in the Inn to rest at.Resting til Noon should help things greatly to meet Gaston. Don't miss his dialogue, it's quite good.General rule: talk to Everybody. :)If sometimes Geralt doesn't speak when you see words, it's due to our current progress with voice actors. We hope to patch and re-release with 100% voices. We apologise for any loss of quality, but we are 99% finished except for these few things. To not give it out in synchronization with The Enhanced Edition would have been a greater crime: it's still much fun and an entirely new town to explore, a small teaser of our expansion Strands of Destiny to come.This is just a prototype showcase of ability and intent, but please keep giving us feedback for our final patch version. Thanks~! :) :beer:

FAM said:
I'm a little confused (not a new feeling, I might add). Anyway, I have Vista. Do the instructions above about the music files pertain to Vista also? What will happen if we don't copy the music files over?I haven't installed Deception yet, but I'm looking forward to it.Cheers,FAM
Many of our beta-testers were able to successfully run Deception in Vista. As far as I know, simply follow the rules for installing as listed for the Vista, on page 2 of this thread and in the README.TXT included in the download.Happy Hunting! :) :beer: :peace:

Wizardofthay said:
Downloaded and installed. all started correctly. but am getting a lot of slow-down on outdoor areas. (admittedly this can occur with the normal witcher game (after EE patch only) but it is more extreme on this mod. making it unplayable. my specifications exceed the minimum requirements by quite some way.
Try turning off Anti-Aliasing. That always works for us. The polygons and plane-facings on the inn and the Town Hall are very, very detailed. The textures are good quality and the lighting effects intense. Please try with anti-aliasing off, and also night vs. day. I hope this helps and that you enjoy the game. What are your computer specifications? Sometimes a mere driver upgrade and defragmentation of your hard-drive can increase performance. Silly I know, and common-sense, but it does help.Tell the Enclave of Thayan Wizards we said hello! The slaves should be arriving shortly, in no more than a few rides. :beer: :peace: ]:->

Saberwolf12 said:
I found the right places to extract everything to and the file is the correct size but Deception isn't appearing among the missions with Price of Neutrality and Side Effects.I downloaded the file again from an alternate link but same problem.Are there any other steps between extracting the files and playing it that I missed, or is my PC just screwing up?I already have the enhanced edition downloaded and working fine, and have everything set to English, so neither of those should be the problem.
On page 2 of this forum thread is a guide to install via XP or Vista.You sure you put it in All Users for XP, or Public for Vista?The Deception.adv should be next to the M1_module.adv, in the same folder (directory).

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Carreas is east of Vyzima, south of Ellander, west of the Mahakham Mountains.
You forgot the North direction. Carreas is north of Maribor. :angel:
Too true! Milk and cookies for you! :beer: 8)Thanks :pHey Hexenmeister, want to attend our pre-betatesting of our coming projects? We don't have the adventure "assembled" yet, but we have good stuff in the works as you know.

Hey, PaulV, 5 posts at same time.... you know that this is spamming? :evil:please use the edit button like we all have to do... ;)

Violetdusk said:
Okay I got it working again thanks...there's still a bug with Deception by which you can bring everyone to town hall, regardless of if you've talked to all characters. At the moment I have problems finding Anais, says I need a key....but no-one seems to give it. Maybe it's because I slept with Sybilla lol....not sure. Yet I can proceed to the town hall and judge Anais...hmm a bit confusing bug. If anyone how to get key to Anais' shop please pm. So far enjoying Deception...though it seems laggier than the main game with my graphics options set to high (yet strangely the main game runs smoothly on high) - My advice is turn it town to low or medium if you get same problems...mine crashes a lot with options set to high.
Hello Violet: Finding the Agent who gives Anais' key is a truly tricky part of the game. You should be able to find him in the Guard Tower... during a certain time. Usually he is sharpening his sword, or even wandering down-town in the commons.

HexenmeisterRaven said:
Hey, PaulV, 5 posts at same time.... you know that this is spamming? :evil:please use the edit button like we all have to do... ;)
How do I edit other peoples' posts, Hexenmeister? :( I can only edit mine, as I have done so to my first post and the README post in this thread several times already.All I do is click "quote" on the person's post and it starts a reply. Is this poor WitcherForum procedure, to reply with a post for every post of theirs? It made sense to me... How would they know to go back to my original post to check that one? Help me out here?

PaulV said:
Hey Hexenmeister, want to attend our pre-betatesting of our coming projects? We don't have the adventure "assembled" yet, but we have good stuff in the works as you know.
Hey, PaulV, you know that I have to finish a mod, don't you? Maybe you will do some dialogs for me, if I test your mods? :pTo be honest, I have one mod from someone to test it, I have no time in the next future, because I have to make my website new, with a better button to find Deception and your site a bit faster :whistle: and I have to finish my own mod and I have to help the Medusa-Team and....wait, was this all? And... oh, that was all so far. But... are you talking about Arena? Or Strands of Destiny? Well, a bit time I can efford, but you know of my bad english, so grab your german translator, because I will send you my bug-reports in german then... ;) :beer:
All I do is click "quote" on the person's post and it starts a reply. Is this poor WitcherForum procedure, to reply with a post for every post of theirs? It made sense to me... How would they know to go back to my original post to check that one? Help me out here?
So you have trouble with the technic here on forum, eh?Just click on answer at top or end of the page, now here you can write your own post, there is a list, that you can scroll down and here click on the post you want to insert. You can repeat this with all posts listed in the Answer-section.

;D Damned technic, ehh... hihihi... :pIf you insert someones post, make sure to point your cursor behind the last [.quote], then insert the next one beginning with a new [.quote] and end also with a [.qoute]should look like this:[.quote] text [.quote][.quote] another text [.quote]your message to the people[.quote] another post from another user inserted [.quote]your next message... and so onEDIT: with every post you insert about the answer-section-button for inserting, the user name will be listet

finally got Deception to appear.I had placed the whole folder for Deception in the shared documents, instead of just the adventure file.Got it sorted out now.Thanks for the help PaulV.Im off to go give it a playthrough now.I'll post my thoughts on it later on

HexenmeisterRaven said:
;D Damned technic, ehh... hihihi... :pIf you insert someones post, make sure to point your cursor behind the last [.quote], then insert the next one beginning with a new [.quote] and end also with a [.qoute]should look like this:[.quote] text [.quote][.quote] another text [.quote]your message to the people[.quote] another post from another user inserted [.quote]your next message... and so onEDIT: with every post you insert about the answer-section-button for inserting, the user name will be listet
hehe ;) Still doesn't solve the problem of people wanting the thread notification in email to let them know their question has been answered. Editing won't help them know they've been answered :(Also, I can reference a post # easier, one post with a solution they need. "You're using Vista? check reply #33 to this thread, thanks". :)

Hmm, its working fine, but the performance while in combat is very poor. All other adventures and the original game run great on high details and 1248/1024, while this is close to slide show. Any solutions?

While Carreas itself is smaller than most areas in The Witcher, it's poly count is relatively higher. There is also no optimizations on the area like LoD. Therefore it may have longer load times and graphical slowdowns if using a computer on the lower scale of The Witcher requirements. Deception itself was a learning phase, as we were learning Djinni and the exporter as rapidly as we could and still did not know every thing that could be done. It was an unfortunate side effect of receiving documentation for the vast amount of features Djinni and the exporter can offer, and required much work from both REDFlame and CDPR to accomplish.What I can say, without a doubt, is the quality and efficiency of Arena will be much greater than Deception now that we know all the ins and outs of the engine and tools. Every aspect of Arena is being fine-tuned to be to the exact quality as The Witcher, down to plot, dialogue, cutscenes, etc. It will not launch until it's perfect, both from a development side and from the community beta testers, as well as CDPR's input. We also have two other projects on the horizon, in The Witcher world, that are outside of Djinni. At this point, all I can say is one is a dungeon crawl-style game, and another is for the board game enthusiast. There is also a potential for a multiplayer dice poker game, but it's too early to know for sure. Once these reach beta, we will be looking for anyone interested in testing these out, as well as Arena, as we did in Deception. :)

I don't think this was answered, but are the 3 music files CRITICAL to running/playing the game? I mean, if we do not override/overwrite the music files, can we still play the adventure? I haven't played the adventure (any of them for that matter) as I'm still in the main quest (I'm new to Witcher ;D).

We announced the Russian version of the Deception >>> http://www.witcher.net.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=view&sid=777 :beer:

Well, my personal view is music's what makes or breaks a game, but that's just me. ;)You don't have to overwrite those music files but you won't hear any music beyond being inside buildings. It won't affect the game mechanically though.

Vaernus said:
Well, my personal view is music's what makes or breaks a game, but that's just me. ;)You don't have to overwrite those music files but you won't hear any music beyond being inside buildings. It won't affect the game mechanically though.
There are times when even the music and/or background music is critical to a plot advancement, event or incident. I was wondering if this was the case here, but since it's just music, then I guess it's ok. You've got a point, though, that music is just as important in a game :)

Top Bottom