Red Flame interactive and CD Projekt RED are pleased to announce Deception!

+
Yes of course – that was one of the reasons why we have lunched the contest! – to play more Witcher!Isn’t that genius!? :evil:

vanworden said:
Yes of course – that was one of the reasons why we have lunched the contest! – to play more Witcher!Isn’t that genius!? :evil:
It was, but it might have been nice to include more documentation with Djinni -- I fear that you may have broken some of my friends into little tiny pieces. :(

Broken into little pieces is surely the correct word for this. *crauching on the floor, searching all her pieces together* :dead:I'm not sure, if there ARE still some "teams" at the contest left, because of this short deadline.... :whistle:

I have decided to not play Deception any further. :'( I have all of the problems posted by others in this thread. I am playing EE. The team needs to go back and rework this MOD for EE. I wonder whether their future MODs will be any better.I hope they can release an updated Deception for Xmas. :witchmas: Deception could be a A+ MOD if the issues are corrected.

Our work on Deception, Strands of Destiny and other Witcher products will resume pending funding.

We apologize for the lack of information for months, but we have been very busy on many fronts: development, holidays, personal situations being a few reasons. However, with some time opened up now, we have much to tell.It is with a heavy sadness that we will be ceasing development on Arena and Strands of Destiny indefinitely. There is a possibility of restarting this in the future, but with development of other projects, our time has become extremely limited. The scope of the project, as well, is vastly large and without a central location to build it, as well as a full dedicated team, it would take far too long.However, there is always the good with the bad. Since September of last year, we have had a team working on a gaming system, called RiSE. RiSE is a network that will allow independent developers (and naturally modders) to have all the resources and tools necessary to design, development, and distribute commercial-level games. On the gaming community side, it will be a downloadable software package that puts you in touch with the greatest games, and consolidates your life. From support of all major IM services worldwide (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, GG) built-in, to a monthly online magazine, to an achievement system that has real-world rewards for high scores, and much more, you will be able to do everything you dreamed of for games in one simple location. We will have a splash page detailing the major features shortly, and launch is expected within two months.All of our work for Deception, Arena, and Strands of Destiny will be content available in RiSE, either as a base for other projects, or if someone wished to continue the projects. Arena itself, in terms of content, was nearly done. The Arena model will be available to download. We will also have a very detailed section about all game engines and tools, including Djinni, that will also be available.In other news, we have taken down our SoD forums at http://www.witchermod.com as the project has been shut down, and have disabled comments on this site as both systems have been abused heavily by spammers. Witchermod-related forums will be consolidated into RiSE once it goes live. For now, you can always send an email to info@risegaming.com to find out more about RiSE and our current development projects. Also community links are still setup for The Witcher's main site, forums, and major fan sites.We thank everyone who has watched SoD for the year it was in development, and the many people that tested and played Deception. We hope to have more fun in The Witcher world in the future, as it is an amazing world that has really changed the CRPG genre.

These are really bad news. I was counting on this mod, and I was holding my thumbs for you. I wish you all luck with the RiSE system. Decepton was the best mod released IMO.Anyway, thank you for yor work and I hope you will help some modders with their projects. :beer:
The scope of the project, as well, is vastly large and without a central location to build it, as well as a full dedicated team, it would take far too long.
Sad, but true.

This really saddens me :'( but I wish you much luck and fun with the RiSe project :beer:
All of our work for Deception, Arena, and Strands of Destiny will be content available in RiSE, either as a base for other projects, or if someone wished to continue the projects. Arena itself, in terms of content, was nearly done. The Arena model will be available to download. We will also have a very detailed section about all game engines and tools, including Djinni, that will also be available.
I keep my fingers crossed a talented and enthusiastic team accept this inheritance :)

I'm very enthusiastic.... ;)But I fear I have only one voice, and voice-actors are expensive, so.... :pHmmm, hmmmm.... hey Simon.... did you read this? :hmmm: (Nimue will cut my head off, when she'll see what I write here :angel:)*grumbles in her beard and says stupid things to herself*One male and one female voice...., can be changed with Audacity...., hm...., 5 month for a mod made with a 1 women-team, 1 month for my dialog-writer at last..., I would need a dialog writer for this thingy then...., *thinking*... Say, Vaernus, how big is the Strands of Destiny Module yet? Are the areas (the meshes itself) designed or is there still something to do for the areas, where a designer is needed for?Is Geralt's horse programming finished yet? All other stuff would not be a problem.... 8)

i'm no trained voice actor, but i have been told that i have a nice voice by many people who are NOT married to me ;D ... i'd be happy to help if it's of any use to anyone :)

Just a small update. We have moved Deception into the RiSE network and will host it once RiSE is live. We have also recently completed a board game called Forbidden Vault. While it's generalized now, we are looking for input as to whether to make Witcher related. The game generally aim for 3 to 5 players, and pits players against one another as heroes and the dungeon master. The heroes must break into the dungeon, get through all the levels, and defeat the dungeon master using powerful weaponry, armor, and magic. The dungeon master must repel the heroes by use of traps, dungeon lairs, creatures, and every dirty trick in the book. As it has not been manufactured yet, we were considering having all figurines as Witcher characters and creatures, while having the board(s) as locations in the world. Thoughts?Also there is a possibility of restarting Strands of Destiny and finishing Arena. Being considered recently, either internally, or by an external team. We'll keep everyone posted on this. Continuing SoD would happen sometime after RiSE launches, which is slated for June. As a sidenote, RiSE beta sign-ups have begun at http://www.risegaming.com and we would be more than happy to support and distribute all Witcher mods (built to date and in the future) in the network in front of the RiSE user base. We would provide websites, community features like forums and chat, and more. If any mods are interested, don't hesitate to send me an email at wphelps@risegaming.com. :)

Vaernus said:
Thoughts?
Okay, ideas listed as they streamed into my head:players (Warriors, elven, dwarven, etc, probaly not witchers) invade a temple of the Lionheaded Spidercult. Dungeon Master is the highpriest of the local Cult. The latter has access to spells, traps Cultists etc.Wizard (or any other name you want to use) final exam: Dungeon Master is the Wizard, who has to protect his new home/tower, etc. Spells, possibly magical creatures such as Golems avaible, and traps.A suggestion of the head: Each side should have equal resources, let's say 10 Units each.Now, having an Golem as an defense would cost 3 Units, whereas a trap could cost 0.5. Same with the attackers, a witcher would be a 3, whereas a normal peasant would be a 0.5.All numbers are of course spontanues. Having different scenarios (possible with varying difficulty) would be great: The local Wizard has done something really awful! The local pesant (20 if I may use my numbers) come together and try to rid themselves of him.

Very interesting ideas. If you want, we've put the manual up at http://www.risegaming.com/vault/manual.pdf to see how the game is played currently. 18mb so may take a moment to download. :)We are always looking to revise and make this game better, so I'll play around with what you mentioned below and see what comes out of it.

Most definitely. In terms of development, the SDK offers a wide range of features to support the development process. Issue tracking and bug reports is one of them. :)

Top Bottom