RED Insider – Master candidate of "The Witcher"

+
RED Insider – Master candidate of "The Witcher"

First off, good news. Yesterday at 6:00 sharp we’ve finished the so called “master candidate” of the game. If, for whatever reason, you still require some help with the term, let us explain that
“The Witcher” is in the absolute final phase of production and that we’ve now officially left the betas behind. The release date is just around the corner so we’re counting on your support in the
final run up to the finish line!

I'm not really in the know on this... but what happens now, after you've done with the betas and compiled that "master candidate"?

I think it means just one (tiny) step before the "release candidate" / "gold status", add finishing touches, remove offending stuff objected by ESRB -.-gratz and much success with the last stubborn bugs ;)

Alibi said:
I'm not really in the know on this... but what happens now, after you've done with the betas and compiled that "master candidate"?
They will go through a few RCs (Release Candidates) and then the game will "go gold", which means they will burn a final CD, which will then be sent to replication.

The RED insider starts with a blast! Excellent news! Somewhere out there the nearly finished, playable Witcher sits on sombodys desk or CD tray and it is not my desk or CD tray! Yet.

I still cant figure out why we cant buy anything off the damn Merchandise section. We could be walking around touting their game before release. Instead we have to mope around with our heads hung low and not cool witcher t-shirt or necklace. What a crock....

MichaelT said:
MichaelT said:
They will go through a few RCs (Release Candidates) and then the game will "go gold", which means they will burn a final CD, which will then be sent to replication.
DVD, to be exact ;)The première is so soon and I still don't have new PC...

Daerdin said:
Daerdin said:
Daerdin said:
DVD, to be exact ;)The première is so soon and I still don't have new PC...
Yikes! We need to all pitch in and create a "new PC for Daerdin" fund ;)

If you are building a nice new computer, I recommend building a replica of mine with one important exception. For the video card, get an 8800 GTS. I know it is not the best, but here are my reasons: they are dirt cheap now, and should last you for a few months. Then GeForce9 will come out and that's when you really invest the money and get yourself a GeForce9 SLI.

MichaelT said:
If you are building a nice new computer, I recommend building a replica of mine with one important exception. For the video card, get an 8800 GTS. I know it is not the best, but here are my reasons: they are dirt cheap now, and should last you for a few months. Then GeForce9 will come out and that's when you really invest the money and get yourself a GeForce9 SLI.
aight, i just built a new pc for Bioshock (and witcher, crysis and whatever) and bought an 8800GTS Overclocked with 640MB RAM.I can play BioShock @1680x1050/HighDetail/16xAA with 32-70fps, which is playable (min 40 is better).Wait for the 9er cards, they will be 2nd generation DX10 card and according to rumors will outperform the current cards 2x.

One inconsiderable on the brink ;D What Witcher goodies will be enclosed in the collectors edition? How much influence does CDPR have on that or is it up to Atari? Atari is covered with silence in this case and... *cough* release is next month, it's high time.editmeanwhile this question is answered http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2089.0

Top Bottom