Red Mutagens

+
Me too. I have yet to find one. Red ones extremely rare. Any idea where there is a slim chance to get some?
Thanks

Yeah had just been seeing a similar thread in another section. I have more blue and green than I know what to do with, but almost no red drops at all.

You can get red mutagens from water hags ( one in white orchard) and even nekkar warriors ( found right by where you start in velen)

Wyverns drop them. There is a respawning one near the Harpy nest at Downwarren.

---------- Updated at 12:22 AM ----------

The annoying part is that there are a lot of named mutagens with the same stats as lesser but you cant combine tho into greaters. They should allow you to dismantle those into normal lessers.

Do they not? I'm deliberately not dismantling named ingredients because I want the decoctions from them, and am still missing other parts.

These monsters can drop greater red mutagens:

"Archgriffin, doppler, katakan, greater foglet, nekker warrior, water hag, wyvern, succubus, werewolf"

I have noticed the copious amount of green and blue mutagens but i have also attained a fair amount of red mutagens. I have 2 greater red mutagens. My issue is the amount of named ones. After i get the Decoction for said named mutagen i dont care to get them anymore.

Just to be sure I understand, there are very few Greater Red dropped, or do you mean there are rarely any level of red at all? I've had to combine low level ones into greater for green and blue, and want to understand as I level up what red is going to be like. :)

Just to be sure I understand, there are very few Greater Red dropped, or do you mean there are rarely any level of red at all? I've had to combine low level ones into greater for green and blue, and want to understand as I level up what red is going to be like. :)

Well as far as i experienced unlike green and blue red needs active farming.

yeah same here, what i end up doing was to hunt endrega drone, seems to drop more frequently the red mutagens.

I just picked up 6 lesser red mutagens from drowners in Skellige. Almost every one gave red. That was just from a random walk around the coastline. Those were my first in the game, so I still don't know how much this was pure luck.

I just picked up 6 lesser red mutagens from drowners in Skellige. Almost every one gave red. That was just from a random walk around the coastline. Those were my first in the game, so I still don't know how much this was pure luck.
I envy you :p
After 65 hours and killing any monster I come across, I've only found 1 red mutagen.
I have so many green and blue, I don't know what to do with them.

According to the guide, Red mutagens come from: dopplers, katakans, greater foglets, nekker warriors, water hags, wyverns, succubi, and werewolves.

Top Bottom