Red textures on water everywhere

+
Hello! I'm Barbara, and I've purchased The Witcher III Wild Hunt Complete Edition for PS4 by the beginning of the year, and ever since then I've been trying to understand the problem my game is having, but haven't found things related to this yet. So here I am looking for some help or just an understanding of what's going on =/ The water inside the game is always red. I've tryed uninstalling the game, deleting the saves, installing it again, but nothing is working. Does anybody have any idea of what might be the cause? The console is also new, but I didn't have problems with any other game so far. Here are some screenshots:
White Orchard_1.jpg
Kaer Morhen.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, @barbaramv !

Post moved!

Hello! I'm Barbara, and I've purchased The Witcher III Wild Hunt Complete Edition for PS4 by the beginning of the year, and ever since then I've been trying to understand the problem my game is having, but haven't found things related to this yet. So here I am looking for some help or just an understanding of what's going on =/ The water inside the game is always red. I've tryed uninstalling the game, deleting the saves, installing it again, but nothing is working. Does anybody have any idea of what might be the cause? The console is also new, but I didn't have problems with any other game so far. Here are some screenshots:View attachment 11041673View attachment 11041676

That looks very much like something is not installed correctly / completely. A few possibilities:

1.) Please, ensure you have installed the whole game completely, including HoS and B&W plus ALL Free DLC -- even if you're not intending to use their features. The Complete Edition should install everything by default, if I'm correct, but sometimes, games will install up to "playable" and let the player jump in while continuing the installation in the background. (This is not a good idea for TW3.)

2.) If the above is true, please, ensure you don't install DLC separately. This can overwrite certain files with older ones and break the installation.

3.) If I'm not correct, and the Complete Edition required individual installations of the DLC, then please do ensure that they are all installed and accounted for.

^ Sorry if the above is confusing, but the way this worked out in the end was a bit weird. I'm not sure how GOTY vs. Complete editions actually work.

I'm willing to bet it's one of those situations. What it looks like is a reflection or light shader for the water that is displaying incorrectly.

Last edited:
Welcome, @barbaramv !

Post moved!

That looks very much like something is not installed correctly / completely. A few possibilities:

1.) Please, ensure you have installed the whole game completely, including HoS and B&W plus ALL Free DLC -- even if you're not intending to use their features. The Complete Edition should install everything by default, if I'm correct, but sometimes, games will install up to "playable" and let the player jump in while continuing the installation in the background. (This is not a good idea for TW3.)

2.) If the above is true, please, ensure you don't install DLC separately. This can overwrite certain files with older ones and break the installation.

3.) If I'm not correct, and the Complete Edition required individual installations of the DLC, then please do ensure that they are all installed and accounted for.

^ Sorry if the above is confusing, but the way this worked out in the end was a bit weird. I'm not sure how GOTY vs. Complete editions actually work.

I'm willing to bet it's one of those situations. What it looks like is a reflection or light shader for the water that is displaying incorrectly.

Thank you very much @SigilFey, but I think that might not be the problem. I've tried reinstalling in different ways as you suggested and always made sure the installation was complete, but the problem of the red water remains. A friend lent me her CD version of the game, which doesn't have the DLCs, to try installing that instead. Still, same red water appears... I've tried to see if there are any configurations on my console that might help, but none of them had an effect. The only configuration I couldn't acess is the "HDR", because my TV doesn't support it. But I don't know if this is related to the problem at all.

Top Bottom