Redanian Halbedier's armor - Long red armor

+
Been there, killed the bandits - no armor.

Like I said, same for me, he said there'd be Scoia'tael... looks like you need the quest im order to trigger it... have you come across a quest named "Woodland Beast" in Velen? I'm fairly certain that I've been to every notice board already, it sure sounds like a witcher contract

It's a contract, so it has to be from a board.

I think I'm gonna go to every notice board in Velen and write down what settlement I've already been to...

Btw, what level is the quest suggesting? And you really get attacked by elves?

I think I'm gonna go to every notice board in Velen and write down what settlement I've already been to...

Btw, what level is the quest suggesting? And you really get attacked by elves?

Good news: Got the contract - it's indeed called "Woodland Beast" (suggested level 6) and it can be found on the notice board on the south side of the Pontar bridge garrison. In exchange for investigating attacks on military transports, you get the pass cross the river on your way to Novigrad. Sad news: Killed the elves and looted their camp - still no armor.

On a sidenote: I'm playing on normal difficult and am only level 4... maybe that's a factor?

Good news: Got the contract - it's indeed called "Woodland Beast" (suggested level 6) and it can be found on the notice board on the south side of the Pontar bridge garrison. In exchange for investigating attacks on military transports, you get the pass cross the river on your way to Novigrad. Sad news: Killed the elves and looted their camp - still no armor.

On a sidenote: I'm playing on normal difficult and am only level 4... maybe that's a factor?

Was about to post the same thing, didn't even think of looking in Oxenfurt at first since it's far away from the city

I completed the quest all 3 different ways and none gave me the armor... goddamnit, the quest is suggested for level 6, I am level 6 (normal difficulty too)... really thought I would gonna get the armor... really disappointed

EDIT: Just did the quest on the hardest difficulty and no difference

Last edited:
EDIT: Just did the quest on the hardest difficulty and no difference

Did the same... the only thing I can think of now is, not killing the bandits before doing the quest. Maybe the loot normally left by the bandits changes when the quest i active? Gotta find a save where I didn't kill the bandits there first now... gonna take a while. ;)

Did the same... the only thing I can think of now is, not killing the bandits before doing the quest. Maybe the loot normally left by the bandits changes when the quest i active? Gotta find a save where I didn't kill the bandits there first now... gonna take a while. ;)

I didn't kill them before (didn't save to be more precise) so I think you can save your time...

@GamaH
What level were you when you did the quest?

Last edited:
Didn't find the armor, though I did find one that doesn't look so bad (wish the skirt had physics though), along with a good steel sword

The armor requires level 2, you can get it during the quest " Novigrad Dreaming" and the sword in the previous quest "Pyres of Novigrad". The recommended level is 10 but as you can see it can be managed to do it earlier. Armor's name is Mag Deira Cuirass. It's behind a wall that you can destroy using aard in the basement.

I'll level up a bit and then try the Woodland Beast quest again to see if it spawns. I already asked but: @GamaH
what level were you when you did the quest?

Btw, did anyone else notice that Geralt's clothes get "wet" for no good reason quite a lot? Kinda bothers me

Attachments

• armor3.jpg
    armor3.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Didn't find the armor, though I did find one that doesn't look so bad (wish the skirt had physics though), along with a good steel sword

The armor requires level 2, you can get it during the quest " Novigrad Dreaming" and the sword in the previous quest "Pyres of Novigrad". The recommended level is 10 but as you can see it can be managed to do it earlier.

I'll level up a bit and then try the Woodland Beast quest again to see if it spawns. I already asked but: @GamaH
what level were you when you did the quest?

Btw, did anyone else notice that Geralt's clothes get "wet" for no good reason quite a lot? Kinda bothers me

What difficulty were you playing on when you did the quests? We are the same level but im playing on Blood & Broken bones

What difficulty were you playing on when you did the quests? We are the same level but im playing on Blood & Broken bones

I admit that I set it to the easiest difficulty (because I was eager to get the armor) but I was only wearing the audience clothes as armor so I suppose I could've done it 1 or even 2 difficulty settings higher had I equipped proper armor.
There is a quite difficult brawl with 4 level 10 foes (at least the way I played the mission)

If you have some kind of codex not to lower your difficulty then you might be able to get a bit later than I did

I admit that I set it to the easiest difficulty (because I was eager to get the armor) but I was only wearing the audience clothes as armor so I suppose I could've done it 1 or even 2 difficulty settings higher had I equipped proper armor.
There is a quite difficult brawl with 4 level 10 foes (at least the way I played the mission)

If you have some kind of codex not to lower your difficulty then you might be able to get a bit later than I did
Enemies are humans? If so probably doable and i'll try atleast :p

Top Bottom