Redanian Halbedier's armor - Long red armor

+
Did they? Then why didn't I get the armor this thread is about with downgraded stats during that quest? Been multiple times to that camp it always had the same stuff in it so it can't be random in that sense

Oh, I think that's a different problem there: Loot tables seam to be random per each playthrough... so, my guess is, that two players will never get the same gear in the same places as long as it's not predetermined quest gear.

Found it in Novigrad in the River I think, near where you have to get stuff for triss. Sadly it was not very good.

Thank you, sadly I don't remember where that was... you wouldn't happen to have a map screenshot for me, would you?

Btw, what level are you?

---------- Updated at 04:26 AM ----------

Oh, I think that's a different problem there: Loot tables seam to be random per each playthrough... so, my guess is, that two players will never get the same gear in the same places as long as it's not predetermined quest gear.

But the chest piece I currently wear, I saw someone on YouTube get it from a chest and I was able to get the same way

Thank you, sadly I don't remember where that was... you wouldn't happen to have a map screenshot for me, would you?

Btw, what level are you?

Level 12 at the moment. Gonna make a screenshot once I come home :)

/EDIT:

Can't promise it will be there. But thsi is the location you had to dive for Triss.

Screenshot of the location:

Last edited:
Level 12 at the moment. Gonna make a screenshot once I come home :)

/EDIT:

Can't promise it will be there. But thsi is the location you had to dive for Triss.

Screenshot of the location:

Thank you for your effort

Though I just got the armor at the camp during the Woodland Beast quest. Seems like I just had to reach level 8:D

Like I said, feel free to use this as thread to discuss armor (and weapons) in general

Oh, damn... I just started a thread asking the same thing AND in the wrong section. woops... Some people are claiming they've found it near the Ferry Station, but no luck here. I'm level 7 and it's a bummer if the loot is really level restricted.

Oh, damn... I just started a thread asking the same thing AND in the wrong section. woops... Some people are claiming they've found it near the Ferry Station, but no luck here. I'm level 7 and it's a bummer if the loot is really level restricted.

Yeah, shitty concept in my opinion.

At least I got the armor now and I think I understand how the armor looting/buying system works (even though I don't like it)

Last edited:
Thing is, I already did the Woodland Beast quest. Does empty loot containers regain stuff after a while? I'm half-way to lvl 8, so I'm wondering if I'm still able to get it at the Elve's camps.

Thing is, I already did the Woodland Beast quest. Does empty loot containers regain stuff after a while? I'm half-way to lvl 8, so I'm wondering if I'm still able to get it at the Elve's camps.

I don't know but I don't think so.

If I were you I'd level up to 8 and look for it in the place The_Blog mentioned

EDIT: It really is strange how the stats differ greatly each time I retrieve the armor. The best I got until now was armor 49 (-2 damaged) The worst was 28 armor

EDIT2: I re-loaded at least 20 times but it paid off, I now have the piece with 65 armor and instead of level 2 it requires level 7 to be worn

Last edited:
Yeah, lvl 8 made it appear on the Scoia'tael camp. Got a 65 armor lvl 7 on my first time, lucky I guess :D It has a small quen bonus and a small protection against poison. And damn, does it look beautiful and sexy, haha!

Yeah, lvl 8 made it appear on the Scoia'tael camp. Got a 65 armor lvl 7 on my first time, lucky I guess :D It has a small quen bonus and a small protection against poison. And damn, does it look beautiful and sexy, haha!

Lucky bastard you:p

I love the armor for free roaming and fighting but for walking in interiors and cutscenes I actually prefer the Mag Deira Cuiruss most of the time, both look awesome. Now I just need get myself the Nilfgaardian armor set, which I will be able to do at around level 15 if I had to guess.

What's strange though is that the Redanian armor is only worth 297 while the Mag Deira Cuiruss is worth 753, both fully repaired

btw, if you happen to come across a pair a steel looking gauntlets lemme know, armor looks kind of weird along with leather gloves

Last edited:
I've looted a heavy gauntlet (axeman's gauntlet I believe) but sadly I can't remember where... I'm almost sure though that a diagram for that gauntlet is given to you by Trollololo after you bring him some paint. Novigrad's dream is part of the mian quest I suppose? Is it after I go talk to Triss?

I've looted a heavy gauntlet (axeman's gauntlet I believe) but sadly I can't remember where... I'm almost sure though that a diagram for that gauntlet is given to you by Trollololo after you bring him some paint. Novigrad's dream is part of the mian quest I suppose? Is it after I go talk to Triss?

I have the boots and pants of that set.

I've seen a brief clip of the trolling troll but haven't seen him myself yet. How do I get in touch with him?

Yes, it's after Pyres of Novigrad

EDIT: Geralt could easily pass as a knight looking like this

Attachments

• armor8.jpg
    armor8.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Right here on the green marker. (cellphone pic, no idea how to screenshot this game yet, lol)Do you remember where you got the pants and boots?

Attachments

• Trololol.jpg
    Trololol.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Right here on the green marker. (cellphone pic, no idea how to screenshot this game yet, lol)Do you remember where you got the pants and boots?

Thanks, will check him out.

I use Elgato Game Capture to record my gameplay, it's also the reason why my game looks so colorful on my PS4, set the Saturation to 40

Nah, sorry, in some random chests as far as I remember

EDIT: For those of you who had no luck getting the Mag Deira Cuirass, I just found another one with 46 armor req. level 4

Attachments

• map1.jpg
    map1.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Ok, that net me the Mag Deira Cuirass, at least... sill not luck with the helbardier's armor, though. As for axmen's gauntlets: I found a pair in the sea side tower where you get one of the Griffin sword diagrams.

Ok, that net me the Mag Deira Cuirass, at least... sill not luck with the helbardier's armor, though. As for axmen's gauntlets: I found a pair in the sea side tower where you get one of the Griffin sword diagrams.

I ended up with the armor providing 54 armor.

Glad you posted this, found the gloves there and it was about time to get myself a new silver sword, was stilling running around with a level 1 sword.

The swords would go well with the Nilfgaardian armor since their sheaths are dark brown with gold decorations. I've seen black/golden sheaths in a trailer but they could do it until I got them.

Gonna get the griffin steel sword next, no interested in the armor though. Hope the steel sword doesn't make it too easy fighting humans, they're no challenge as it is and I enjoy fighting them

Finally got the armor (actually, the schematics for it!)... found at lvl 17 on the top floor of an abandoned tower by the road south of Novigrad's Glory Gate.

Finally got the armor (actually, the schematics for it!)... found at lvl 17 on the top floor of an abandoned tower by the road south of Novigrad's Glory Gate.

That late? You should be able to find starting at level 8, I've already found it in 3 bandit camps

I'm still looking for the Nilfgaardian guardsman armor, in an IGN video it can be seen requiring level 10 with level 16 Geralt so I should be able to get it soon (hopefully)

Last edited:
That late? You should be able to find starting at level 8, I've already found it in 3 bandit camps

I'm still looking for the Nilfgaardian guardsman armor, in an IGN video it can be seen requiring level 10 with level 16 Geralt so I should be able to get it soon (hopefully)

I found it once before, but it had crap stats... the crafted one is much better (and actually usable at lvl 17).

Top Bottom