Redanian Halbedier's armor - Long red armor

+
I found it once before, but it had crap stats... the crafted one is much better (and actually usable at lvl 17).

You can save before opening the chest and then re-load the savegame it has different stats everytime.

You're level 17 and you still haven't come across the nilfgaardian armor?

You can save before opening the chest and then re-load the savegame it has different stats everytime.

You're level 17 and you still haven't come across the nilfgaardian armor?

Nope, although, I'm still running around Velen and Novigrad, so I have no idea what smith sell on the isles.

Nope, although, I'm still running around Velen and Novigrad, so I have no idea what smith sell on the isles.

I heard somewhere else that it supposedly spawns at the mids 10's, in Velen too. One found it in the sewers during the final quest for Triss. The suggested level is 14 I think. When I watched a few walkthroughs of the mission on YT the only armor that spawned down there was the eternal fire executioner armor...

Would you take look short look if the merchant in Holmstein sells it? It's at left the bottom of skellige

Last edited:
I heard somewhere else that it supposedly spawns at the mids 10's, in Velen too. One found it in the sewers during the final quest for Triss. The suggested level is 14 I think. When I watched a few walkthroughs of the mission on YT the only armor that spawned down there was the eternal fire executioner armor...

Would take look short look in if the merchant in Holmstein sells it? It's at left the bottom of skellige

I rolled back a bit today (undid the Tris quest, because I want to see Yens story first), but I'll make my round to get everything the Skellige vendors sell tomorrow.

I rolled back a bit today (undid the Tris quest, because I want to see Yens story first), but I'll make my round to get everything the Skellige vendors sell tomorrow.

I'm level 15 now and still no sign of the armor. In an IGN video geralt was level 15 and the armor required level 10. Where the hell did he get it from?

Last edited:
I'm level 15 now and still no sign of the armor. In an IGN video geralt was level 15 and the armor required level 10. Where the hell did he get it from?

No clue... I visited all blacksmiths on the isles now (I think) and all I got was the rest of the axmen schematics and the lesser rune stone diagram. I guess I'll have to check again when I hit 20. It is strange, though.

No clue... I visited all blacksmiths on the isles now (I think) and all I got was the rest of the axmen schematics and the lesser rune stone diagram. I guess I'll have to check again when I hit 20. It is strange, though.

Why do you visit the blacksmiths? Only armorers sell armors

I'm gonna do the Now or Never quest now and if it doesn't spawn there I'll do it each time I level up.. oughta spawn between level 10-20

Last edited:
Why do you visit the blacksmiths? Only armorers sell armors

I'm gonna do the Now or Never quest now and if it doesn't spawn there I'll do it each time I level up.. oughta spawn between level 10-20

Both, I'm just lazy and don't differentiate between the two... both are smithing, afterall. ;)

I stopped looking for cool armor cause I had no luck, have ursine armor and feline now though so its ok :p I did find the redanian halberdier armor before I left Novigrad though. Still I prefered mag deira and cidarian cavalry(?) over it personally when I got ingame with it. Ursine armor though.. I love it

I stopped looking for cool armor cause I had no luck, have ursine armor and feline now though so its ok :p I did find the redanian halberdier armor before I left Novigrad though. Still I prefered mag deira and cidarian cavalry(?) over it personally when I got ingame with it. Ursine armor though.. I love it

Yeah it looks cool but I dislike that his hair is inside the collar, don't like the way it looks from the front. Though just the ponytail showing from behind is a nice change. Gonna get the armor too but I don't think I'll use it in cutscenes

Last edited:
Yeah it looks cool but I dislike that his hair are inside the collar, don't look the way it looks from the front. Though just the ponytail showing from behind is a nice change. Gonna get the armor too but I don't think I'll use it cutscenes

That's so true... none of the haircuts really fixes that either, because most of them look ridiculous. ;)

That's so true... none of the haircuts really fixes that either, because most of them look ridiculous. ;)

Like I said several times in the haircuts thread, was really expecting a simple full ponytail haircut like in The Witcher 2 and was really disappointed when I saw all those silly haircuts instead. The default one is my favorite but a full ponytail would've been a nice change from time to time

I only started seeing that armor when I reached Skellige, and I've yet to get a decent Diagram for it either. By the time I imagine you get one, you'll have access to the Ursine Mastercrafted Gear -- which is literally the sexiest armor set in the game. You can find the guide for the Scavenger Hunt on Fextralife by your's truly.

I only started seeing that armor when I reached Skellige, and I've yet to get a decent Diagram for it either. By the time I imagine you get one, you'll have access to the Ursine Mastercrafted Gear -- which is literally the sexiest armor set in the game. You can find the guide for the Scavenger Hunt on Fextralife by your's truly.

When did you reach Skellige? The suggested level for the first quest there, or rather to get there, is 15, I am level 15 now.

I prefer the default look of the Ursine armor. If there really is a level 10 version of the nilfgaardian armor it's gotta spawn about now

I got it! I freaking got it! At level 15 in the sewers in a chest during the Now or Never quest. Never thought I'd get it that soon

@ OP, I found that armor in a random crate while out questing in Velen. I know thats not too helpful, but I wanted you to know it is out there just waiting to be picked up.

Last edited:
I got the Ursine Armor now. It looks awesome from behind and I love the physic effects. But as I already said, I don't like it from the front, not only because of the hair being inside the collar but the upper half of the chest piece isn't my taste.

As of the Nilfgaardian armor, it's absolutely awesome. I'm wearing it along with the pants from the audience but they are a bit too shiny and make Geralt's legs look very thin, especially in comparison with the fat armor. Not to mention it only provides 1 armor. Does anyone know if there is a simple black pair of pants? And if and where I can by diagrams for the hunting boots and hunting gauntlets? Haven't seen any that fit better to it at level 17 but I'd like to increase the armor rate if possible

Last edited:
Top Bottom