RedEngine 3!

+

Aditya

Forum veteran
RedEngine 3!

Here is exciting news! first look at RedEngine 3 for CP77 and presumably TW3! :D
can't wait for Feb 5! 4 more days!

Looks great,an open world Witcher with gfx like that and then CP 2077...good times ahead of us.

Very nice,and with (maybe?) two years for CP2077's release this tech will only improve.

Now for the excruciating wait for a more action packed tech demo than CP2077's teaser trailer. :p

It looks very pretty. On the other hand, well prepared screenshots often look pretty and it doesn't quite translate into the actual game. After TW2 I have no reason not to trust CDPR's competence in creating great looking visuals but I'm gonna wait for more screenshots and especially live sequences before I get hyped too much.

Sounds more and more like vehicles will be a necessity.... this is a good thing.

Witcher fans should get excited because maybe it means they will get horses as well... I do know there was a lot of disappointment about them not being in Witcher 2.

Flashy visuals don't really mean anything to me so in that regard this is not really too exciting news. The "no loading times" comment pretty much solidifies a sandbox world, so now it's just waiting for info on how GTA/SD/SR it will feel like; shame if that's the way they decide to go but we'll see. Now I'm just waiting info on gameplaymechanics and ruleset interpretation.

It looks very pretty. On the other hand, well prepared screenshots often look pretty and it doesn't quite translate into the actual game. After TW2 I have no reason not to trust CDPR's competence in creating great looking visuals but I'm gonna wait for more screenshots and especially live sequences before I get hyped too much.

If anything, TW2 is prettier than this, by a substantial margin. This may be a console pic.

Sounds more and more like vehicles will be a necessity.... this is a good thing.

Witcher fans should get excited because maybe it means they will get horses as well... I do know there was a lot of disappointment about them not being in Witcher 2.

"A Lot" may be a bit of an overstatement. "Some", yes.
I've no desire to spend hours looking at a horse's backside.

Aver

Forum veteran
It was just weird seeing such detailed, living medieval world without a single horse around. Especially in army camps. It was giving this weird feeling that something is a little bit off. Even devs spotted this and they made a little Easter egg about this. There is this dialog in the game:
"- Where did you left your horse?
- There are no horses here...
- Oh, right. I forgot"

It was just weird seeing such detailed, living medieval world without a single horse around. Especially in army camps. It was giving this weird feeling that something is a little bit off. Even devs spotted this and they made a little ester egg about this. There is this dialog in the game:
- Oh, right. I forgot"

Yup. I want to see them, just not ride them. Ditto chickens, stray dogs, pigs.

It was just weird seeing such detailed, living medieval world without a single horse around. Especially in army camps. It was giving this weird feeling that something is a little bit off. Even devs spotted this and they made a little Easter egg about this. There is this dialog in the game:
- Oh, right. I forgot"

There is also thing like this in the Arena, you might hear a lady in the audience shouting "Give me a hooorse!" or something like that ;)

Ambitious! But an ambitious project like this needs an ambitious engine.

There are a lot of eyes watching already. I really am keen to see what happens now. If all goes to plan then this will set a new level for RPGs which will be hard to follow!

:cool:

“If we look at RPGs nowadays we find two approaches, one which emphasizes the story but limits the game world, and one that builds a vast, open world but hampers and simplifies the story. With the REDengine 3 we combine the positive aspects of both approaches for the first time, creating an open environment with a complex, multi-thread story."- Adam Badowski

I like what I'm hearing.:D

Not really, TW2 was a semi-open world, or as I might put it detailed big map for each chapter, and considering first was a town/village/forest, second was a huge valley with a camp/city depending on your playthrough on conflict and shit and the last a ruined city, there was no need of horses and it wouldn't have made sense either if there was.

Now since TW3 will be open world in the true sense, excited for it. Horse combat FTW :D

I already saw it. At the first look it looks like an artwork. The REdEngine is really awesome and powerfull.

The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 will look amazing!!

Top Bottom