REDkit beta sign-ups still open!

+
REDkit beta sign-ups still open!

We are still accepting applications from modders who would like to participate in the closed beta of our upcoming adventure editor for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings on PC the REDkit. In order to make the REDkit even better and more accessible, we want to hear your feedback! If you want to be involved in the process of bringing the set of tools to public, dont wait any longer and apply for your access in our beta now.
Fill out all the required information on a special website weve prepared and simply click on the SEND button. We will be taking applications until the end of Sunday (30/09/2012). Soon after that, our team will make the selections and we will inform everyone about the results. Participants who will be chosen for the next stage will have a chance to test the REDkit and shape the future of The Witcher 2 modding community.

Any chance you could give us some indication as to how much REDKit will allow us to mod? Will it be along the lines of Djinni?

Being more of a model maker myself, as opposed to a module maker. I would be interested to know if REDKit will give us any kind of tools that would allow us to add new models to the game.

Thanks for everything.

MDA

Sirnaq said:
B-but i don't have any mod samples. ;_;
You have to start somewhere...right . Try anyway the worst that can happen is you don`t get selected . So nothing to lose and everything to gain !

MichaelDarkAngel said:
Any chance you could give us some indication as to how much REDKit will allow us to mod? Will it be along the lines of Djinni?

Being more of a model maker myself, as opposed to a module maker. I would be interested to know if REDKit will give us any kind of tools that would allow us to add new models to the game.

Thanks for everything.

MDA

you can import custom static models into the game world, but they haven't confirmed anything about character model importing/exporting yet.

Tommy said:
You have to start somewhere...right . Try anyway the worst that can happen is you don`t get selected . So nothing to lose and everything to gain !

Well, you convinced me at least :p I've just applied, although I didn't really have much work to show so I'm not sure how far my application will get.

I realy wonder myself. Not that i expect anything but when you have to betatest/work with a kind of this editor it´s not just something you do around 1 h/day. That doesnt makes any sense not to realy go into it. And in my case i can not just throw around time like i want anymore... i´m 36 years old;)

I already posted but after a night of sleep i can say i´m deeply disappointed. I better not express how i realy feel knowing they consider hundreds of others to do a better job. It´s like all your previous work (which is a lot) is nothing of value compared to people who choose "modern" software environments or whatever reasons there are. Damn that was a clear shot in my n***. And a little advice for others, always think about your "reputation". Sometimes it´s better not to be honest at all and keep your thoughts for yourself....

Ok sorry for that post but now i´m free of it;)

diademus said:
I already posted but after a night of sleep i can say i´m deeply disappointed. I better not express how i realy feel knowing they consider hundreds of others to do a better job. It´s like all your previous work (which is a lot) is nothing of value compared to people who choose "modern" software environments or whatever reasons there are. Damn that was a clear shot in my n***. And a little advice for others, always think about your "reputation". Sometimes it´s better not to be honest at all and keep your thoughts for yourself....

Diademus, I know you feel hurt and disappointed, but please don't take it personally. They said they are looking for people to help them perfect the Kit and needed people who know how to work with modern software, who would jump into it in a snap and be ready to find problems less experienced people wouldn't find right away. I looked at your blog and really admire your dedication to the projects - they probably thought it would take you a little bit longer to get used to their program. Mind you, we don't know much about it, nor what exactly the testers will be focusing on.

I will wait until it comes out.
Then I will try to work my magic on W2 with it.

I guess my first project will be to update my equipment mod (more realistic in terms of stats and much more true to lore)and then see to it that Geralt does not start out as a Newbie witcher.

Hopefully, the dark items can now also be tied to quests in a similar but simpler fashion compared to Ravens armour (finding the main remains of the original armour(s) triggers the quests.)

seamusgod said:
you can import custom static models into the game world, but they haven't confirmed anything about character model importing/exporting yet.

I would really look forward to a project that added unique faces (and possible new voice acting) to all the generic looking and sounding characters.

I got invited and my first adventure was not the most politically correct one *giggles* Problem is that it is not the best season in the year to learn how it works, you know, holidays, lots of long games like Borderlands 2 around :p Can't wait to download RedKit tomorrow from home.

diademus said:

Don't sweat it. You don't know what criteria they used for selecting whoever they selected.
I signed up myself, but given my real-life workload, I'm actually glad they didn't pick me either.

As for the honesty vis a vis reputation thing, there is a difference between being honest and lashing out. Actually not being honest is one of those things that aren't good for your reputation.

arkray said:
I got invited and my first adventure was not the most politically correct one *giggles* Problem is that it is not the best season in the year to learn how it works, you know, holidays, lots of long games like Borderlands 2 around :p Can't wait to download RedKit tomorrow from home.
Your first adventure was very brave, and your second adventure was fun and interesting. And you figured out how to do stuff at a time when Djinni had no documentation whatsoever, which I imagine was very important to CDPR when they chose people to use their new editor. I look forward to seeing what you make with the REDkit!

Top Bottom