REDkit - Clarity PLEASE!!!

+
New areas and expansions of the current areas would be cool, but It would be way too difficult and expensive to make entire expansions comparable to CDPR's work.
There is still so many things to fix and improve in the current game, which cannot be done without a proper editor.

It wouldn't be comparable to their work, true, but it could have been nearly as large and amazing. Take Lykaon, for instance.

---------- Updated at 10:38 AM ----------

I was looking to create one, had the plans for the setting, some side quests that i thought of, a huge open dungeon and a bit more...

That already sounds awesome! If you don't mind the down-grade, you should consider doing it with TW2's kit.

Kinda sucks that they'll get a complete pass from the general public/media.

They are using this pass and thinning it down, it is hard to create and maintain good rep but very easy to destroy it, once you did it will be harder to regain your old rep.
CDPR mislead us with the red kit, used vague words like we will not create anything new now and let us believe that it might happen after blood and wine when they will have time. The statement today is clear and it break their promise and my heart. thanx CDPR for that.

Last edited:
They are using this pass and thinning it down, it is hard to create and maintain good rep but very easy to destroy it, once you did it will be harder to regain your old rep.
CDPR mislead us with the red kit, used vague words like we will not create anything new now and let us believe that it might happen after blood and wine when they will have time. The statement today is clear and it break their promise and my heart. thanx CDPR for that.

Well, it's not like we are gonna buy anything they say when they will start talking about cyberpunk in the next years. We will most likely all buy the game because they do make good games, nobody said otherwise, but nobody is going to believe their words before the game is released, because with W3 we learned that they are really good at making games, but their word means nothing.

Mod community right now is a walking corpse, most people left, and there's only a handful making actual mods, most of the stuff on Nexus is garbage spam.
Now the few that are left can safely leave, knowing that there definitely won't be a REDkit.

I'm also disappointed with the lack of modding support, but I don't feel like a corpse and I don't feel any desire to leave either :) There are people who create unofficial modding tools and there are mod makers who are willing to dive into this "hardcore" type of modding. I think we'll manage ;)

That already sounds awesome! If you don't mind the down-grade, you should consider doing it with TW2's kit.
The main problem for me with the witcher 2 is the lack of ambient creatures like wild horses, dear and such to make the area look alive, and the lack of enemies. i might do try to create a mod for witcher 2 (a mod that i guess no one will play because all enjoy the witcher 3 too much).

I'm also thinking of creating something with witcher 2 redkit. I recently started playing with it and I will try to add elements of witcher 3 content to it. So sure create it I can assure you that there will be people that will be willing to play it if you can make it interesting enough (add a lot of w3 content)

well this is very disappointing.
it's kind of heartbreaking to know that we'll never be able to add our own touch to the game.
i'm glad that we did get an official answer on this topic though. otherwise i would have spent countless hours making assets for something that would have never happened. lol

Last edited:
<timeline quotes>
The last word was over a year ago, and the first was two years ago. Things change in game development, and priorities shift. If you're going to tell me your opinion of TW3 or CDPR is marred because of something they said they wanted to do a year ago then you have your priorities screwed up.

That's a shame. Modding tools could have made this game immortal.
TW3 will be immortal regardless. It's probably the greatest RPG ever made. Nothing will change that.

That was what I was looking forward to most...fan-made expansions. Imagine how cool that would have been. Expansions the size of Blood and Wine!
This is a ridiculous thing to have hoped for. CDPR is a huge team of professional developers, and it took them months upon months to make B&W. You think some guy in his basement could have made anything even close to it in a reasonable amount of time? Come on guys.

Kinda sucks that they'll get a complete pass from the general public/media.
They should, because a mod kit is not mandatory for a game. We paid them $60, they gave us a phenomenal game. If they said they wanted to make modding tools and then back out of it of course it sucks and we all wanted them but deal with it.

God, what a level of entitlement. Are you telling me you think that CDPR loses respect just because they don't give us modding tools? Look at how absolutely incredible the game and the expansions are! If you think less of them just because they don't release modding tools you are completely forsaking the incredible games they made.

Seriously, you all need to calm down. I wanted a modding kit as much as anyone, and I still play Skyrim because of it's modding tools, but to have all of this talk about them losing your respect and going back on their promises is just taking it way too far. Be happy with the amazing stuff they gave us, the hundreds of hours you can get from the game and expansions, and replay it until you get bored. But be happy with what you have and accept that this is the end of Geralt's story.

Am I dreaming? You people are satisfied with Marcin answer? We all knew it wasn't coming what we all want to know is why although we were supposed to get it. So why? People stop asking for it. Ask simply why. Because I am sick of this damage control talk and mistakes not assumed. They owe us at least an explanation. We got mislead with both graphics AND redkit! I love CDPR but I also love lots of studio I don't trust. So please CDPR don't become the one I love but don't trust. Explain the situation and everything will be forgiven!

DeimOhs: You don't get it it has nothing to do with how awesome the game is. It never had. Be happy with what you have? What are we? Dogs ? People that invest money to play a game but with not all promises delivered must be entirely satisfied? Graphics were not delivered and Redkit isn't as well. Graphics downgrade was explained and makes sense. It is now forgiven by almost all of us. We love the game. But Redkit is still not explained so we demand an explanation. It's simple respect toward customers that we ask.

Last edited:
Like Mezziaz said, even just explaining the reason behind the modlimit, why it exists in the first place, and a way to remove it would be great,, especially now that we won't get redkit.

God, what a level of entitlement. Are you telling me you think that CDPR loses respect just because they don't give us modding tools? Look at how absolutely incredible the game and the expansions are! If you think less of them just because they don't release modding tools you are completely forsaking the incredible games they made.

Entitlement? I never said anything against the game or the expansions, i think they are work of art, i still playing it and i think i will play it in the future but that doesn't change the fact that modding tools can do wonders to the game, that doesn't change that fact that CDPR stated countless times that the RedKit will be released some time after the game, and it will be a lot better then witcher 2 RedKit. I am willing to wait and i was one of the loudest advocates for CDPR when the modding tools ware released, so please don't twist my statement. What is so bad about wanting to continue geralt's story? Trying to give this game the love it deserve (similar to what it received from CDPR), People here are disapointed because they love this game and want to give it something in return. The funny thing is that you still play Skyrim because of it's modding tools.

Will i buy another product from CDPR? Of course i will they are the best developers to date, but they are not as trust worthy as i thought.

This is a ridiculous thing to have hoped for. CDPR is a huge team of professional developers, and it took them months upon months to make B&W. You think some guy in his basement could have made anything even close to it in a reasonable amount of time? Come on guys

I guess you never played mods like Falskaar or Helgen Reborn. some of CDPR staff are modders from the witcher 1 and the witcher 2. No one assumed that mods will have CDPR quality their quality is something every modder like to achieve and learn from.

Last edited:
Am I dreaming? You people are satisfied with Marcin answer? We all knew it wasn't coming what we all want to know is why although we were supposed to get it. So why? People stop asking for it. Ask simply why. Because I am sick of this damage control talk and mistakes not assumed. They owe us at least an explanation. We got mislead with both graphics AND redkit! I love CDPR but I also love lots of studio I don't trust. So please CDPR don't become the one I love but don't trust. Explain the situation and everything will be forgiven!

DeimOhs: You don't get it it has nothing to do with how awesome the game is. It never had. Be happy with what you have? What are we? Dogs ? People that invest money to play a game but with not all promises delivered must be entirely satisfied? Graphics were not delivered and Redkit isn't as well. Graphics downgrade was explained and makes sense. It is now forgiven by almost all of us. We love the game. But Redkit is still not explained so we demand an explanation. It's simple respect toward customers that we ask.
Get off your high horse. You didn't "invest" money into the game. You bought a $60 masterpiece that I bet you've gotten hundreds of hours of enjoyment from. Would you not have bought the game if they said from the beginning that they weren't releasing mod tools? If you still would have bought it then them not releasing tools makes no difference.

Your comment about "dogs" goes to show how spoiled you are. If you can't enjoy the game for what it is then nothing they do would have ever made you happy. It is a masterpiece of modern gaming, and the existing mod tools + Reshade is plenty to make it look pre-downgrade. Demanding answers from cdpr as if they somehow owe us is stupid. Mod tools would have been nice but we're not getting them so stop making demands like a spoiled child and move on.

Guest 2364765

What we have released so far (the modkit), is the only set of tools for W3 that will be available. We have no plans to release anything else. Hope this clears things up.
That's all fine and dandy, not like we haven't seen it coming since first few months after release.

The real question that's been left hanging in the air is "why?"
You can't just pretend that early interviews did not happen, early on we were told that it's going to happen and now we're told it's not going to happen.
Fact that we're not getting it is not something we wanted to get clarification on. After all this time, i assume that getting a proper explanation rather than canned corporate response #81 would be a nice closure to the topic.

The last word was over a year ago, and the first was two years ago. Things change in game development, and priorities shift. If you're going to tell me your opinion of TW3 or CDPR is marred because of something they said they wanted to do a year ago then you have your priorities screwed up.

They should, because a mod kit is not mandatory for a game. We paid them $60, they gave us a phenomenal game. If they said they wanted to make modding tools and then back out of it of course it sucks and we all wanted them but deal with it.
You're a really bad apologist.

The last word was weeks before the release of the game, I find it funny how you use "1 year ago" to make it seem more distant than it was.
Would be a different story if the last time they mentioned REDkit was one year before the game's release, in that way everyone could have assumed it wasn't happening.

No they shouldn't get a pass, consumer trust relies on the good faith and reliability of the developer's words. That's been thrown out the window in two ways with Witcher 3, with the mod support and the technical/visual downgrade of the game. If we had gotten a REDkit as promised, it would have made up for the PC downgrade, since we could have pretty much made our own Enhanced Edition.

"a mod kit is not mandatory for a game"

Either you don't understand the arguments being given here, or you're purposefully making a straw man.

"We paid them $60, they gave us a phenomenal game."

Now you're just making a red herring, that's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, and it's exactly what I predicted.

"deal with it"

Fantastic rebuke, you really showed me there. This is me dealing with it, clearly you didn't want it that much if at all.

As to your reply to the other person, it's perfectly possible to lose respect for someone due to X or Y reason, yet still have respect and appreciation for their work.

I only find it odd they haven't exactly explained why. If history is anything to go by...

Completely made up random speculation:

- They plan on selling redkit and the engine commercially at some point and w3's version is too close to that.
- They might have licensed something themselves used in the tool itself they can't redistribute.
- Its just too much work to make a public version of the tools and they're steaming away on cyberpunk. Given they can't even write public docs for the scripts...

No idea. CDPR have changed since they accepted microsoft money and became corporate and listed, but even so i can't imagine any other reason to just take away a promise and not provide reason.

You're a really bad apologist.

The last word was weeks before the release of the game, I find it funny how you use "1 year ago" to make it seem more distant than it was.
Would be a different story if the last time they mentioned REDkit was one year before the game's release, in that way everyone could have assumed it wasn't happening.

No they shouldn't get a pass, consumer trust relies on the good faith and reliability of the developer's words. That's been thrown out the window in two ways with Witcher 3, with the mod support and the technical/visual downgrade of the game. If we had gotten a REDkit as promised, it would have made up for the PC downgrade, since we could have pretty much made our own Enhanced Edition.

"a mod kit is not mandatory for a game"

Either you don't understand the arguments being given here, or you're purposefully making a straw man.

"We paid them $60, they gave us a phenomenal game."

Now you're just making a red herring, that's completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand, and it's exactly what I predicted.

"deal with it"

Fantastic rebuke, you really showed me there. This is me dealing with it, clearly you didn't want it that much if at all.

As to your reply to the other person, it's perfectly possible to lose respect for someone due to X or Y reason, yet still have respect and appreciation for their work.
The visual downgrade of the game is easily fixed with all of the mods that have come out since the Redkit that they have so far released. Combine it with Reshade and you can make the game look close to the E3 2014 demo that everyone goes crazy over. So to your argument, we did get a REDkit, and since it can make up for the visual downgrades, your point holds no water.

The argument everyone here is making is that "CDPR said they would do X and they didn't". All of this hyperbole about them "owing" us anything is garbage, but if you all want to continue being butthurt about it then go for it. If they claimed that they were going to give us proper modding tools and then changed their mind, or were forced to not provide it for some legal reason, then they neither owe us an explanation nor should we expect one. The problem I have with everyone in this thread bitching and moaning is that everyone is acting as if CDPR owes us anything, which shows a horrible sense of entitlement, because they don't. At what point did the world start expecting so much from game companies that you think every time you're not happy that they need to come and kiss your ass with an apology? Get over yourself.

My "red herring" was completely relevant, but go ahead and keep patting each other on the back asking for a personal response from CDPR. You already got one of them to respond in this thread, so take that and move on and quit complaining. If you're going to keep complaining then just leave this forum already.

I do want the REDkit in it's proper form, but I'm not going to go onto a forum and whine like a baby the way you are doing because I didn't get my way. Some people (myself) are adults and know that we don't always get what we want in life. You should work on learning that.

Top Bottom