REDkit - Clarity PLEASE!!!

+
I was talking about they probably have simpolygon and 3rd party software baked in. I am no expert, that was just sth. came to my mind, I love ur attitude.

Actually, middleware limitations (that is, limitations because of the licensed middleware that they used) are pretty much a valid concern. And it might be a valid reason for not being able to give REDKit out to public. But even if that's the case, I believe they should have come out and said it. And this is coming from someone who loves what they are doing and would play the game for hundreds of hours more even without extra content mods. I very much feel the need to criticize the lack of official communication here, aside from community managers and some volunteer devs (which is highly appreciated :) ).

Don't worry folks, there is a HUGE gamer population that absolutely loves you, and they won't lose that love if you come out and confess some stuff. No one will blame you for being honest.

I think you all need to lighten up a bit on this. CDPR put out an amazing game that has given millions of people countless hours of enjoyment, and based on the public reception as well as the awards it won, it clearly is one of the best RPG games to come out in many years. The fact of the matter is that CDPR does not actually owe us anything more than they've given us - a great game. Making a modding kit is not as easy as you would think, and would ultimately cost them quite a bit of money. They clearly listen to the fans, that's been proven, but they still have a business to run and if they want to back out of their plans for more Redkit stuff then so be it.

Please stop being so rude to them as if they owe us an extensive modding toolkit. We gave them money for an amazing game and expansion packs, and they delivered on it 10x over. As much as I'd love a modding kit too for the longevity of the game, stop being rude to them if they have decided to not provide it.

I think you all need to lighten up a bit on this. CDPR put out an amazing game that has given millions of people countless hours of enjoyment, and based on the public reception as well as the awards it won, it clearly is one of the best RPG games to come out in many years. The fact of the matter is that CDPR does not actually owe us anything more than they've given us - a great game. Making a modding kit is not as easy as you would think, and would ultimately cost them quite a bit of money. They clearly listen to the fans, that's been proven, but they still have a business to run and if they want to back out of their plans for more Redkit stuff then so be it.

Please stop being so rude to them as if they owe us an extensive modding toolkit. We gave them money for an amazing game and expansion packs, and they delivered on it 10x over. As much as I'd love a modding kit too for the longevity of the game, stop being rude to them if they have decided to not provide it.

I agree in a way. The game is indeed a marvel. Countless hours, indeed. But a game can be super cool and whatnot, but if it has no new contents, it'll become stale, and ppl would just leave it. That is what modding could prevent, had it had the proper tools.

March 2015:

During a demo event Thursday, CD Projekt RED CEO Marcin Iwinski confirmed mod support, including a toolset like REDkit, will be coming to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

“Yes, yes, yes we will. There will be an editor,” Iwinski said. “For Witcher 2 we released it quite late. For Witcher 3 it will be faster.”

January 2014:

Marcin Iwinski (CEO): It's a single-player experience all the way, but we are looking to release the REDkit sometime after the game launches for the modding community. This way, people can create their own adventures, and this will inevitably add a lot of fun and replayability to the game.

Among many other interviews from other developers as well which confirmed the REDkit.

The promise of a new REDkit was part of their PR and marketing campaign from the day they unveiled the game up until March 2015, just a couple of months before release, after which they just pretended like those words were never uttered.

Last edited:
Yup, it does. No more questions there. Except one: why not? Just curiosity, not a flame or rant or anything else.

we asked whether we'll have redkit or not and not "if no, then why not"
We got a clear answer, which might make lot of ppl sad, but we got our answer. Time to accept it and move on.

What we have released so far (the modkit), is the only set of tools for W3 that will be available. We have no plans to release anything else. Hope this clears things up.

Thanks for the clarification, thats all we needed (at least). It's a shame but at least we have a clear response now.

As it was asked earlier, "no plans to release anything else" means even no updates to the current kit? no fixing of bugs of the current tools (there must be some, some expert modder could report them)?

Last edited:
Expect the Witcher 3 modding community to be dead within the next few months, same as Witcher 2, which got the REDkit way too late.
Modding keep games a float long after they ended their shelf life, they pour new life and interest in them. I guess that CDPR don't want it for the witcher 3.
Witcher 2 redkit had problems, but i expected that redkit3 (free of the old one errors) will let modders create new lands and new adventures in order to extend the game life and fun, to let the mdding community show their love for the game. Too bad that it will never happen.

Modding keep games a float long after they ended their shelf life, they pour new life and interest in them. I guess that CDPR don't want it for the witcher 3.
Witcher 2 redkit had problems, but i expected that redkit3 (free of the old one errors) will let modders create new lands and new adventures in order to extend the game life and fun, to let the mdding community show their love for the game. Too bad that it will never happen.
They said in an interview that the new REdkit would be on "another level", an improvement of the Witcher 2 one in every single way.

Mod community right now is a walking corpse, most people left, and there's only a handful making actual mods, most of the stuff on Nexus is garbage spam.
Now the few that are left can safely leave, knowing that there definitely won't be a REDkit.

That was what I was looking forward to most...fan-made expansions. Imagine how cool that would have been. Expansions the size of Blood and Wine!

Oh well. :/

That was what I was looking forward to most...fan-made expansions. Imagine how cool that would have been. Expansions the size of Blood and Wine!

Oh well. :/
New areas and expansions of the current areas would be cool, but It would be way too difficult and expensive to make entire expansions comparable to CDPR's work.
There is still so many things to fix and improve in the current game, which cannot be done without a proper editor.

Top Bottom