REDkit - Clarity PLEASE!!!

+
Get off your high horse. You didn't "invest" money into the game. You bought a $60 masterpiece that I bet you've gotten hundreds of hours of enjoyment from. Would you not have bought the game if they said from the beginning that they weren't releasing mod tools? If you still would have bought it then them not releasing tools makes no difference.

Your comment about "dogs" goes to show how spoiled you are. If you can't enjoy the game for what it is then nothing they do would have ever made you happy. It is a masterpiece of modern gaming, and the existing mod tools + Reshade is plenty to make it look pre-downgrade. Demanding answers from cdpr as if they somehow owe us is stupid. Mod tools would have been nice but we're not getting them so stop making demands like a spoiled child and move on.

I enjoy the game for what it is. Probably much more than you do. I have hundreds of hours in to the game. I am going on my fith run and I bought all gwynt deck. Your answer is the proof that you don't get what the problem is. The lack of transparency. Of course I would have bought the game even if they announced the Redkit wouldn't come. You re just completely beside what this is all about.

And of course no... Mods doesn't make the game look pre downgrade but even if they did it is what I call the bethesda defense if you know what I am saying. I already told you that to me that downgrade doesn't matter cause they provided reasons good enough so not sure why you bring that up except that I think you enjoy making statement that have nothing to do with what this is all about.

Last edited:
I enjoy the game for what it is. Probably much more than you do. I have hundreds of hours in to the game. I am going on my fith run and I bought all gwynt deck. Your answer is the proof that you don't get what the problem is. The lack of transparency. Of course I would have bought the game even if they announced the Redkit wouldn't come. You re just completely beside what this is all about.
You have no clue how many hours I have into this game, what the Witcher series means to me, or how much other Witcher stuff I own, so to claim that you do or that you enjoy it more than I do is stupid. Find a better argument next time.

"CDPR said they wanted to give us free stuff and they didn't, so we're all up in arms and demand that they tell us why!" -- That's what all of this is about. That's what you're all saying, and you don't get why it sounds so stupid. If this thread was about major game breaking bugs not being fixed in patches that they said they would then I'd be up in arms too. To complain about not getting your free stuff is idiocy, but I doubt any of you would ever see the logic in that.

@DheimOhss
One question: do you see any difference between situation when someone promise something to you and don't keep his word pretending that it's never happened and situation when there is no promise at all and you received nothing?
If you don't see... well, your friends have to love you.

You have no clue how many hours I have into this game, what the Witcher series means to me, or how much other Witcher stuff I own, so to claim that you do or that you enjoy it more than I do is stupid. Find a better argument next time.

"CDPR said they wanted to give us free stuff and they didn't, so we're all up in arms and demand that they tell us why!" -- That's what all of this is about. That's what you're all saying, and you don't get why it sounds so stupid. If this thread was about major game breaking bugs not being fixed in patches that they said they would then I'd be up in arms too. To complain about not getting your free stuff is idiocy, but I doubt any of you would ever see the logic in that.

Me enjoying probably more The Witcher 3 wasn't in any way an argument. It was just to point that the pleasure that CDPR gave us had nothing to do with the Redkit lack of transparency. But I am not surprised that it is all you have to say on the matter. And now you reduce the redkit to "free stuff" we whine about. Why am I even talking to you. This is not about us not getting free stuff but how CDPR manage a matter of importance for a part of the community.

" To complain about not getting your free stuff is idiocy, but I doubt any of you would ever see the logic in that." This is unfunded authority argument which mean you know you're getting nowhere with your position, Last page you told us to grow up. I wonder who you think you are exactly assuming this kind of thing. Take care of yourself and get the topic right first thank you.

The real question that's been left hanging in the air is "why?"

Yep...when it comes to tech I'm a complete noob, but it seems they would know fairly early in development if there are any legal issues with the tools.
This is a damn shame, since this was our opportunity to give something to this great game in return.
And especially puzzling from corporate $ concerns, since we all know the reasons why Bethesda is remastering Skyrim. They'll earn a ****load of money for little effort in comparison.

It has already leaked and it was useless because it wasn't compatibile with the retail version of the game. It also had other problems that I don't exactly know.

edit: #minicrone- one can hope

Did CDPR used the redkit to attract modders to the game?
Yes they did CDPR announce everything a modder wanted to hear, a very powerful modding editor that will give the modder the tools to create new lands, quests and much more.

Did the announcement of RedKit sold copies of the game? I don't know for a fact but i am certain it did.

CDPR practiced a "minor" false advertisement here. Its like promising someone A BMW and later giving him a bicycle, explaining that all they promised was means of transportation. I am not looking for a freebee i am looking for a good editor that will give me the ability to give something back to the game, i like to create a mod that will take 6 months to a year to build.

Last edited:
Did CDPR used the redkit to attract modders to the game?
Yes they did CDPR announce everything a modder wanted to hear, a very powerful modding editor that will give the modder the tools to create new lands, quests and much more.

Did the announcement of RedKit sold copies of the game? I don't know for a fact but i am certain it did.

CDPR practiced a "minor" false advertisement here. Its like promising someone A BMW and later giving him a bicycle, explaining that all they promised was means of transportation. I am not looking for a freebee i am looking for a good editor that will give me the ability to give something back to the game, i like to create a mod that will take 6 months to a year to build.

That's another problem, it may be seen as small by the general player base, but considering rpg games and it's relation with mods, it's a truly big disappointment.

Imagine if back then they showed the future buyers of skyrim a skyrim version without modding tools (vanilla basically) and a skyrim version with the most popular mods that have been made, and told them they were going to get only the first version.

Last edited:
The visual downgrade of the game is easily fixed with all of the mods that have come out since the Redkit that they have so far released. Combine it with Reshade

"Combine it with Reshade" .... What? Are you serious?

---------- Updated at 07:16 PM ----------

That's one of the reasons I bought the game. I was in hope modders and I would re create what was shown in the e3 ingame footage.

This is a ridiculous thing to have hoped for. CDPR is a huge team of professional developers, and it took them months upon months to make B&W. You think some guy in his basement could have made anything even close to it in a reasonable amount of time? Come on guys.

"quantity" and "quality" are not synonymous. Something the size of B&W is achievable. Something as good as B&W isn't.

---------- Updated at 07:35 PM ----------

The main problem for me with the witcher 2 is the lack of ambient creatures like wild horses, dear and such to make the area look alive, and the lack of enemies. i might do try to create a mod for witcher 2 (a mod that i guess no one will play because all enjoy the witcher 3 too much).

You have one individual who is going to play it, at the very least (Me.)!

2 things from my site:

1. People don't have to act like The Witcher 3 really needs a mod support, because without mods the game is unplayable. So please don't compare it to Fallout, Skyrim etc.

However it doesn't mean that a great game, doesn't need a mod support. Games sell even better if there is a possibilty to modify the gamefiles almost completely!

2. I hope CDPR will learn from their mistakes in the past and get even "friendlier" to their customers. They are mostly fair to all the players and I'm proud of that. However there are a few things:

- Linux support got confirmed a few times, even an ad on Steam appeared that showed TW3 gameplay on a Steammachine
=> No Linux support til today, seems like confirming that was just used, to not look "bad" right after E3 etc.

- Full Mod Support with "releasing the new Modkit" was ALSO confirmed by cdpr developers right after/at the Release at May 2015.
=> Then it got silent and you truly see that CDPR is afraid of giving any information. Now we got out information: No new Modkit. There are many reasons why a company doesn't want to publish a tool like this, that's not wrong. Wrong is, however, to make the game(support) look even better than it is, by not doing what was confirmed before...+

CDPR is one of my favourite PC devs, but they are not perfect. I hope we won't see another E3 downgrade, confirmed modtools and support for others platforms, for another game (Like CP2077). There will always be people that won't trust you anymore, after such actions.

Last edited:
2 things from my site:

1. People don't have to act like The Witcher 3 really needs a mod support, because without mods the game is unplayable. So please don't compare it to Fallout, Skyrim etc.

For you.
For me Ciri's gameplay is completely broken. I will never understand why she is not allowed to dodge and counter attack.
A Redkit could have fix that. Also, it could have helped some modder to create original armors that are less shite than the armors in vanilla game. ;)
And to expand the mod Primer that recreates the alchemy system of The Witcher 1.

So yes, I'm disappointed.

Oh well, at least now I'm curious to see what will happen in the next 8 months of support. But I guess it will be only patches.

But I guess it will be only patches

Hopefully not these patches:

Same old, same old. It's pretty much confirmed that there will be no RedKit since the release of ModKit. It makes me sad, it makes everyone sad, but pretty much everything in this thread has been said before. How much better the Witcher 3 could be with decent mods, how it was promised before launch, how CDPR made several PR "mistakes" during prerelease marketing...it's all been discussed over and over again, and I don't see why this thread will produce fruit.

I guess,people are done with B&W at this point and need more Witcher so "Redkit2 speculation" spreads in here like wildfire. Same with the EE rumors...but it won't lead to anything other than a new 50+ page thread that will end badly like the downgrade threads and the STLM ones.

For you.
For me Ciri's gameplay is completely broken. I will never understand why she is not allowed to dodge and counter attack.
A Redkit could have fix that. Also, it could have helped some modder to create original armors that are less shite than the armors in vanilla game. ;)
And to expand the mod Primer that recreates the alchemy system of The Witcher 1.

Because Ciri's side of the story was originally conceived to be conveyed via flashbacks. So basically CDPR bragged about multiple playable characters, then gave you gameplay abomination in the face of Ciri and performed a coup-de-gras on all of us by saying "What do you know? You're just a simple Witcher".

Top Bottom