REDKit Cyberpunk 2077 Modding: ideas, project collaborations, mods, etc.

+
REDKit Cyberpunk 2077 Modding: ideas, project collaborations, mods, etc.

Even though it's still pretty early to make plans for modding CD Projekt RED's upcoming multiplatform "CYBERPUNK 2077"-release, I thought it would be nice to have a combined thread where people can for example:

・collect ideas and concepts for creating new content within the pixelated world of "Cyberpunk 2077™"
・share their hopes for user-added-content of any kind

・share their hopes regarding dimensions and character of tools needed
to properly mod for the Cyberpunk-universe

future uses could include:

・sharing experiences you've had modding for Cyberpunk 2077™
・at some point maybe even connecting with like-minded modders for networking purposes

Mods that have been suggested or demanded so far include netrunning 1+2 (if not implemented into CP2077 to full extent), sexualization, clothes/fashion, weapons, katana wielding school girls^^, armour, electronics and programs or even the abolishment of a story or the recreation of Night City as it was personally experienced during pen & paper sessions. Other general mentionings include missions, gear, locations, vehicles or alternative sound packs for NPCs and most recently: a mod for the alternate reality sourcebook Night's Edge.

On the technical side, an easy to use map editor has been suggested for implementation into the dev tool.

Still all those suggestions were made without going into detail beside for example ChrisWebb2020 suggesting the modding of different ICONs for netrunners and Night's Edge being already defined in many ways.

Surely the community hasn't exhausted their imaginative juices yet :D Should be a small effort if you come from a Cyberpunk pnp-background (maybe one a little bigger if you don't) imagining features, settings, factions or anything you would like to see integrated, while common sense might tell you that they won't be integrated on release of Cyberpunk 2077.

As for now let's assume you could create modded content with ease either because you really can or maybe because the REDkit is/ is gonna be so damn intuitive and easy to use that you wish you had some more pairs of eyes and arms and a second brain to be able to keep up with your ideas...

What would be the first thing you personally would add or see added to CP2077?
(provided it's not confirmed to be in the game already and supposed it's not like 99% sure to be in the game anyway)​

some links on modding with CDPR today:

REDkit[SUP]beta[/SUP] (there's probably a revised version coming to use for modding The Witcher 3 and CP2077's RED[SUP]engine[/SUP]3):

some examples of mods for The Witcher 2 (RED[SUP]engine[/SUP] 2) created with REDkit[SUP]beta[/SUP] (check videos in upper left):

Small mediterranean level by Benzenzimmern (location)​

Lykaon (alpha version) by Benzenzimmern (quest)​

Lykaon (alpha version) by Benzenzimmern (Lykaon being played)​

Island of Convicts by roball (quest)​

Change your Fov by Puruko (FOV)​

Again, I'm pretty sure that modding support for CP77 hasn't been confirmed yet by CDPR but since they've already released a beta version of the "REDkit"-modding-tool for use with the pc-version of The Witcher 2 and keeping in mind that the underlying engine for CP2077 has the same foundation as TW2 (though RED[SUP]engine[/SUP]3™ is designed exclusively for 64bit-platforms) I think it's save to say that CDPR are right now doing all they can in order to make it a reality:cool:

Let's hope that CDPR manages to realize the 64bit developer's kit availability around the time of the original game's release as suggested by Edger :)

note:
I will keep this op updated and create links to modders posting and hoping to realize a cooperative effort of any kind as well as links to completed mods for Cyberpunk 2077 or anything else that might pop up here and be of interest to the community.

Last edited:
I for one am hopeful that REDKit, (the free REDEngine dev tool that CDPR provides its player base,) will be useable to create entire cities that we could theoretically travel to. Imagine creating your own home town set in 2077!

The REDKit for Witcher 2 apparently lets you create your own scenarios pretty in depth. You can even mold the mountains on the background, the grass, the forests, tilt the houses, level the ground... it isn't an open world game so I don't know if it would be easier or more difficult to make the scenarios... but it sure would rock!

That is kind of my point. TW2's engine has been redeveloped and refined into what TW3 and 2077 are based around, so the potential should be even higher!

The possibilities could well be endless!

It just came back to mind that I originally wanted to agree with your first post here but didn't want to keep writing in that necrotised thread.
Guess I overagreed a little here^^.

What you both are saying has my full approval. Creating a cyberpunk version of your home town is a great idea!

I think we will see a lot of people implementing adventures and campaigns from the PnP (either those prepackaged or the ones they came up with). Maybe even campaigns inspired on other cyberpunk games, movies, books, etc.

I have mentioned before that I would love to be able to recreate the end of the 4th corp war. The final fight where Johnny Silverhand finally dies and Adam Smasher and Morgan Blackhand go toe to toe on top of the Arasaka Tower while a 2kt nuke goes ooff underneath them...

Being able to 'dail back the clock' would be a key element of that. Recreating 2020 Night City using these tools would be a massive undertaking, though I would hope that being able to recreate at least a small portion, (namely the corporate plaza,) would be achieveable.

I've always had this idea about making this mod that takes place in 1950's.. Just before the WWII, an alien race comes to earth, at first it looks like a peaceful visit but then something happens and someone kills an alien, aliens start to invade a part of earth and kill about 50000 people, (they have a small fleet above earth) but then world leaders talk with eachother, all countries unite and call themselves United Earth.. (a huge country) they then establish peace with the alien race (just to barrow time) and fighting stops, aliens agree to stop fighting and for that they want to keep the land they invaded, in return they offer some of their technology.. Mod would be about finding out why aliens refuse to leave and what can be done to free the earth from them.. Setting would have both WWII weapons with some alien weapons.. I summed it up terribly here but i had a huge file with notes somewhere.. If only i could mod beyond editing and texturing.. :p

If you are able to create fitting science-fiction 3D assets, you can theoretically right now create Cyberpunk mods in Redkit. And whole cities, too. ;) (only the combat system could be a slight problem)

If you are able to create fitting science-fiction 3D assets, you can theoretically right now create Cyberpunk mods in Redkit. And whole cities, too. ;) (only the combat system could be a slight problem)

haha, funny you would post here. I just watched the tutorials you guys made in order to get an idea of what's possible (wiki's next) with the REDkit.

So since you've worked with the CDPR guys at the studio in Warsaw (damn cool btw. 8)) can you tell us if there's a new REDkit in the making for the newest REDengine games TW3 & CP2077? Guess right now you can't really be sure to be able to implement the stuff you mod now into the next-gen engine CP2077, right? Maybe I'll have to restrain myself to mostly making 3D models and writing characters, stories and dialogue and just experiment a little with landscaping and that sort of stuff.

i am not a modder....but i think a have plenty of time till the game comes out to learn it.......

my thoughts exactly

Hey, can i design&edit a map/level on 3ds max and import that over REDkit? If so, how can i do that?

It's ALWAYS best to listen to the nice birdie :)

Yeah, questions best asked over at REDKit, that's where the knowledge is. And you already have an account - it's the same as here.

To mod you need to learn at least c++ and fundamentals of math, game design, physics, animation, sculpting etc. After that you' ll have to get used to dev's tools and engine systems. I mainly mess with udk, it'd be cool to have deus ex modders messing with redkit (lever designers in particular).

Always hated that I have never had a computer that was worth running games on, let alone mods.... it's the biggest and only real regret I have about being a console gamer.

You can get a custom build for about the same price, especially now that next gen consoles are not more "powerful" than pc's like ps3 and maybe 360 were back in the launch days. The upfront cost is basically the main problem but still worth considering you need a pc anyway

Nice announcement you made there!
I say let's go for it! So we don't have to listen nagging of "flower-ladies-in-their-fancy-hats". >: D

Always hated that I have never had a computer that was worth running games on, let alone mods.... it's the biggest and only real regret I have about being a console gamer.

Top Bottom