[RedKit] How to force Geralt to walk on meshes?

+
Hey All,
Some of You might already see my question on the polish side of this forum but since I've received no answer, I thought that I should also write here.
I have been working on my RedKit map for some time but I have one obstacle that I can't find a workaround for.
The thing is if you add meshes on Your map, Geralt walk on them and ignore too high slopes etc. that should stop him if you don't filter the mesh.
While taking a closer look on Port map from Witcher 2, I've spotted some road edges that I've decided to add to my map.
The thing is that it looked and worked fine until I've filtered it with Navigation mesh -> Filter mesh etc...
Now, I can't walk through these objects, even tho it's possible in W2.
Problematic meshes are: 'rut_soil2' & 'cemetery_ground_variations01' & -=- '02'.
Is it possible to force Gerlat to walk on these meshes?
Should I change the positioning of them?
I don't want to just turn off the collision because it would look silly.

TL;DR:
My Geralt won't walk on meshes filtered by an automatic RedKit navigation mesh filter.
How can I force Geralt to move over those meshes?
Problematic meshes are: 'rut_soil2' & 'cemetery_ground_variations01' & -=- '02'.

Screens and video:
https://ibb.co/dPF9BPF
https://ibb.co/d7PBgKM

Thanks in advance for all help,
Goospo

How can I force Geralt to move over those meshes?
Hey,
I don't really understand what is filter navigation mesh, but my guess is the following:
- try to position your meshes better
- in the properties of the mesh (column on the right, there is tab for it), try to set "walkable" in collision properties

If this doesn't work, I suggest to position mesh more to the ground and just disable the collision.

Best of luck :)

Hey @Goospo ,
I tried all the meshes you mentioned as static meshes and processed the navigation mesh. They are working!
Like 0248991 said
- try to position your meshes better
- in the properties of the mesh (column on the right, there is tab for it), try to set "walkable" in collision properties

If this doesn't work, I suggest to position mesh more to the ground and just disable the collision.
The meshes should work! Just set them to walkable!
If it does not work than don't use filters while processing you walkmesh you don't need them. this doesn't mean that you doN't click ond filter mesh, but that you should use filters or postprocessFilters for you walkmesh. I tried to process the walkmesh with the CDeteselatorFilter and had problems with the walkmesh after using it. So just don't use them. This would be my advice.
Greetings
Nemo

Top Bottom