REDkit is here!

+
Damn, I really wish I had the patience to sit down and learn how to mod well, but I don't think my attention span is big enough for me to spend hours just getting a grasp of the editor before then spending dozens or hundreds of hours making a level that's worth playing. Guess I'll leave it in the hands of the pros.

Also, something I wasn't able to figure out - is it possible to import your own Geralt from a savegame in the story so you can start out with your weapons, skills etc?

Benzenzimmern said:
It was all maxed out, but I recorded these scenes a while ago and I use a completely new lighting now. I will of course create a new trailer for the finished version.
You can see the difference on these two pictures. The first picture uses my old lighting I used for the trailer and on the second picture you can see the lighting I use for the demo you can download:

The old lighting looks a lot better.

frynse said:
Damn, I really wish I had the patience to sit down and learn how to mod well, but I don't think my attention span is big enough for me to spend hours just getting a grasp of the editor before then spending dozens or hundreds of hours making a level that's worth playing. Guess I'll leave it in the hands of the pros.

Also, something I wasn't able to figure out - is it possible to import your own Geralt from a savegame in the story so you can start out with your weapons, skills etc?

To be honest with you, it takes a while to grasp every aspect of the editor, but once you do it, you don't want to leave your project. I'm not saying it as a CDP worker but as a modder. Really, I think it's worth spending some time on it. Or you can always specialize in one department, like Level Design and leave the rest for other modders ;)

As to your question about importing Geralt, you can edit the entity of Geralt so he can start your adventure with customized inventory and adjusted skills to your preference ;)

I had near to no experience with modding when I started Redkit (I tried around with Skrim for a few days and made a small mod) and I think you can do a lot very fast. There will be much more tutorials available now than when the beta started and I am sure that a lot of modders will still do more tutorials or even videos about Redkit so everyone can learn how to do it. I guess you just have to see for yourself if it is fun or not. :)

BANAN said:
To be honest with you, it takes a while to grasp every aspect of the editor, but once you do it, you don't want to leave your project. I'm not saying it as a CDP worker but as a modder. Really, I think it's worth spending some time on it. Or you can always specialize in one department, like Level Design and leave the rest for other modders ;)/>/>

As to your question about importing Geralt, you can edit the entity of Geralt so he can start your adventure with customized inventory and adjusted skills to your preference ;)/>/>
That sounds great. Hmmmmm I guess I'll give it more of a chance then, I'm off to watch some tutorials.

HomemComH said:
Not a fan of all the bloom and increased contrast, it washes away the detail on the assets and makes it more straining to the eyes.

It washes nothing imo, the details are here. You're just seeing a good sunlight in the middle of the day.

SystemShock7 said:
You should, but you'll have a very manly voice for a lady, unless you redo the voice.

If I were a modder, I'd just stick with text and no voice overs. Without professional voice overs, it could end up sounding pretty comical. Playing an adventure with one of the female models made up like a witcher would be awesome.

SystemShock7 said:
You should, but you'll have a very manly voice for a lady, unless you redo the voice.

You have to redo the voices anyway, unless you have a Geralt that says the exact same things that on the official game and even then you have to sort out the audio.

SystemShock7 said:
If I were a modder, I'd just stick with text and no voice overs. Without professional voice overs, it could end up sounding pretty comical. Playing an adventure with one of the female models made up like a witcher would be awesome.

Don't be so negative. Just wait and see I'm sure there will be some great stuff very soon.

slimgrin said:
Is it possible to alter character models? I'd like to play as a female witcher.

Yeah... a Witcher closer to Ciri's character... but a little older ;)/> You can count on my humble help />

Top Bottom