REDKit Steam work around

+
REDKit Steam work around

Last topic in search engines have resulted with the same thing but worded differently. So, I'll ask here. It has been stated that the REDKit will not work for the Steam version properly. Mainly causing problems and no more Achievements.

I know that Steam never did get a REDKit for TW2, only GOG has the REDKit. Has anyone made or know of a work around to get it working properly for Steam users. I don't want to lose my Achievements, since GOG doesn't use that type of thing. I one the game from both places, Steam & GOG.

If GOG had an Achievement system in place, then I would not be asking for a work around.

Bad Wolf

If you only intend to play Witcher 2 mods created by others, then the Steam version of the game already comes with everything that is required for that. For the complete editor, you can use the download links posted in this thread.

Well, the reason I asked was for the Achievement. But also because Gibbed Red tools does not like Windows 10 or likes to be ran as Admin in Win 10 Command Prompt. When I see threads about using Gibbed, it's always about the base_scripts.dzip. Which is fine, if I wanted to do that with that file. But I have yet to read anything about packing the pack0.dzip.

There are 3 folders in that dzip, but no clue on how to pack them back in. I was hoping the the official REDKIT works for doing that.

As far as I understand it, you need to create a new .dzip file with Gibbed.RED.Pack.exe from whatever files you have modified:

Gibbed.RED.Pack.exe modname.dzip input_folder

Change "modname.dzip" and "input_folder" as needed, the data to be packed should be under the latter. See also this thread on the Nexus forum.

Last edited:
DontBlnkBadWolf;n9203331 said:
Well, the reason I asked was for the Achievement. But also because Gibbed Red tools does not like Windows 10 or likes to be ran as Admin in Win 10 Command Prompt. When I see threads about using Gibbed, it's always about the base_scripts.dzip. Which is fine, if I wanted to do that with that file. But I have yet to read anything about packing the pack0.dzip.

There are 3 folders in that dzip, but no clue on how to pack them back in. I was hoping the the official REDKIT works for doing that.

Gibbed RED Tools actually works great for Windows 10 but it's not perfectly flawless. I got it to work with minimal effort and turns out no CMD needed! It works the same for the base_scripts as it does for the pack0. Send me a PM if you want more detailed instructions.

Top Bottom