Redkit Wiki online again

+
Redkit Wiki online again

Hey,

the Redkit Wiki for Redkit (the modding tool for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings) is online again and can be found under this link: https://redkitwiki.cdprojektred.com
However, editing is disabled, but it can still be used as a resource for information. I can't offer any official support for this, but if there are questions that I can help with, I will try to find an answer.
I hope this helps a little with making some of your mod ideas a reality. :)
Redkit can be downloaded through GOG as part of the "Goodies" that come with your copy of The Witcher 2, or directly through following the links on the Welcome Page of the wiki.

Benzenzimmern;n9466731 said:
but if there are questions that I can help with, I will try to find an answer.
Hi,
two question here.

1) How to make object interactible ?
There is interaction component,"report to script" option in it, and also "interaction name", but I haven't managed to make it work.
Is there possibility to run .quest file when interaction happens (and do anything in it), or there are just some predefined interactions ?
Desired functionality:
- start Geralt's gameplay monolog, when something is interacted (e.g. interact with brick and geralt says "hm, its covered in blood")
- pick up item, when something is interacted (e.g. interact with tree and pick apple from it, ...)
- "examine monolog" (e.g. those options while examining bodyparts, ...)
- do custom stuff (run .quest file ?)

2) How to change combat stats of entity templates ?
Mostly interested in HP, while it would be nice to control damage, etc...
In witcher 2, entities have no level ? At least when spawned in redkit, its not visible.
Everytime, e.g. drowner is spawned, it seems to have same HP, damage and everything.
In this question I would also like to ask, how to change combat stats for non-monster entities ?
(e.g. - bet with soldier that you can win a fight against him (in a quest). So he is not monster, just some temporary target with stats)

Was not able to find any tutorial about this.
Thanks for any response :)

0248991;n10013201 said:
Hi,
two question here.

1) How to make object interactible ?

Hey there, I think I can help you at least with one of your issues. To make an object interactive try following the instructions in this thread (https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...tion-w-objects). It has worked for me, as I can now trigger encounterareas with object interaction, for example. I don't know though how to add oneliners (yet) and have no clue about your other issue, as I am myself fairly new to this.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom