RedKit

+
RedKit

Where i can find levels used in campain? I don't want to make another mod but edit existnig levels like Vergen and how i can export changes i will make ?

You can find all existing levels in data/levels. Vergen is in 03_camp.
But my advice is, start with something more simple and get used to the tool first, because REDs original levels can get quite messy and someone without much experience will get lost easily.

There's no tool to export just the changes you've made, I imagine you'd have to export the whole level.

They said they were working on a tool for that back in May/June but we got no update so I think they're just focusing on W3.

My laptop can't handle souch big maps as in the campain :/ . Redkit is nice but far from perfect, so i will wait for witcher 3 and new redkit.

Blady said:
My laptop can't handle souch big maps as in the campain />:/ . Redkit is nice but far from perfect, so i will wait for witcher 3 and new redkit.

What you didnt like the most?
I wonder if its just people imagining it easy to create stuff or they have some serious issues with the kit (apart from few crashes at times). Because you can do literally anything that was done in the vanilla game, only lipsync and cutscene support hasnt been added yet, but the core stuff is there.

If you need any help or if you have suggestions on how to improve certain things in Redkit, feel free to write in the Redkit forums ( http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/8-Redkit ) and I am sure you will get answers. Redkit may be overwhelming at the beginning, but it is very rewarding if you really decide work with it.

Just a tip: Don't start with the original levels, since they are very complex. If you have an idea for a small quest, just build a nice hut, a forest around it and two or three npc's and make it work. If you have a nice story in your head, you don't need complex storylines with multiple choices, vast landscapes and an army of NPCs. Sometimes less is better, especially if you're just starting your personal adventure as a modder. :)

Top Bottom