Reduce save file size

+
Is there a way to reduce size of the save file? I went crafting build and had about 200k in crafting components. Also I was hoarding all the weapons for later disassembly. Since I couldn't load one of my save files (8200 kb ~ 8 mb) I loaded earlier save at 7.2 mb and sold everything I had except few iconic weapons and waited through sleeping couple of days so vendors items can reset. Nothing related to file size changed. It is only getting bigger even though I'm not looting anything except legendary stuff and shards. I am afraid I will reach the cap before I can finish the game. What can I do?

I guess you need to hope that it is just that it isn't releasing the space already allocated and reusing it for new acquisitions... Don't collect more than you had before, I'd say, would be a start.

Nope, can't do anything until it's patched... If it's patched

The official CDPR response to the issue is.
The game is not ment to be played long term, limit looting, crafting, and start a new game after you beat the main story. It "may" be patched at a later date, but as their is no endgame+ it is not how the game was ment to be played, so please stop playing it that way.

Paraphrasing, but you should read it yourself, pretty spot on

But ya as of now every save file is a ticking time bomb that will eventually be unplayable, and confirmed that the saves will not be playable after the corruption, even if a future patch comes out.

A crafting/looting build will get u around 50-60 hours playtime before corruption

A playthrough with no crafting and limited looting will get u around 80

A crafting/looting build will get u around 50-60 hours playtime before corruption

Seems to me like you are saying that the game saves issue is just related to how long you play not by how much stuff you pick up and stash? What if I don't hoard anything? Is the game leaking memory, just having had an item at all? Or is it the vendors?

Well I already have 107 hours in and didn't even finish the main story. Seems like my playthrough is doomed

Every time you pick up an item, pick up or finish a quest, kill a mob, assemble or disassemble an item, anything, your save file gets ever so slightly larger, as it keeps track of everything you've done.
So eventually every save file will go over the 8mb limit and corrupt.
Most things only increase it by a tiny amount, but in general no matter what you do, if your doing something in game your save file is getting larger.

Seems to me like you are saying that the game saves issue is just related to how long you play not by how much stuff you pick up and stash? What if I don't hoard anything? Is the game leaking memory, just having had an item at all? Or is it the vendors?
Post automatically merged:

Well I already have 107 hours in and didn't even finish the main story. Seems like my playthrough is doomed

Mine lasted until about 60. No exploits but was crafting build, never sold anything that couldn't be disassembled, just scrapped everything I came across, and went into each room like a hoarder picking up decks of cards and records to disassemble

did you skip over the mod that REMOVES the file limit of 8mb?

it allows saves up to 90mb!! which should be way more than enough for any 1000+hours game...

EDIT : seems like it wont work... damn... and i got my hopes up...

Didn't know that existed yet until now, played, beat it, started a new playthrough as a body build, I'm currently playing.
Pissed the bug broke my game, but, meh, wasn't much to do endgame anyway.
But I'll give the mod a look

it allows saves up to 90mb!! which should be way more than enough for any 1000+hours game...

EDIT : seems like it wont work... damn... and i got my hopes up...
It doesn't work, sadly.

I wonder what I did wrong after playing 100 hours, finishing the main story, "cleaning" up watson and north oak, while looting about everything i could find and did not hold back that much with crafting either. My save file is about 6 mb in size, dunno what others do to get their files so big and corrupted?!

There is no way to reduce the size of the save only ways to delay the corruption and be aware of the size of your save to stop using it before reaching the point of no return. After this we can only wait for the update that includes the NG + and as a consequence of this an expansion of the maximum size. I doubt that PC problems are a priority right now when every day they are losing money due to the state of the older console versions.

Is this an immersion feature? you know since johnny is slowly killing V so supposedly the story has a time constraint lol:shrug::ohstopit:

Is this an immersion feature? you know since johnny is slowly killing V so supposedly the story has a time constraint lol:shrug::ohstopit:
:ROFLMAO: That made me laugh lmao it would definitely be more immersive than the current "running out of time" illusion the game sets.

Top Bottom