Reducing time for some lengthy annoying animations

+
Reducing time for some lengthy annoying animations

I really hate the animations of the following cards: rag nar rog, full moon, overdose, tremors, and most importantly dun banner heavy cavalry They just unnecessarily waste our time. I wish the devs can reduce the animation time of the aforementioned cards and make the banner animate just once.

Last edited:
RickMelethron;n9463431 said:
you probably have a crap pc and get low fps animations, try lowering the graphics if they bother you so much

If you say a 4790k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram, 1gb ssd are craps, then i'd rather uninstall this game (I dont try to show off but I know what i am talking about). If it's on my end , i wouldn't post this thread).

p/s: Have you ever removed +10 amours from trollolo?

Last edited:
Definitely agree that the Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry's animation is indeed rather long. Ragh Nar Roog's is rather long as well.

I've noticed that the keg opening animation has been sped up considerably with the latest patch, also some other animations (such as Iris's Deathwish and old Saesenthessis) have received the same treatment along the way. Therefore I feel this suggestion is one that might very well get implemented as well, at least if more people agree with it. :)

TL;DR: +1 from me

RickMelethron;n9463431 said:
you probably have a crap pc and get low fps animations, try lowering the graphics if they bother you so much

I believe the original poster is referring to the length of animations, not lag or poor performance of the animations.

I personally like the RNR animation and don't think it is too long.

However, I can definitely agree that the Dun Banner Heavy Cavalry can be quite hilariously long. (I personally enjoy it and find it funny to tick down 20 armour, but I agree it could definitely be shortened).

The "armour-breaking" animation could tick 2 - 3 times to represent the armour being removed and I'm sure that would be sufficient.

An interesting thing to think about could be to implement an in-game option that removes animations, or employs "fast" animations which could be especially useful for people with lower-end PCs or people experiencing lag. The only thing I'm not sure about is what would happen if someone with "full" animations plays against someone with "short" animations, since their animation time and therefore also turn time would not align. But I guess the person with "short" animations could just wait for the person with "long" animations turn to complete while they play through. It's hard for me to explain this clearly.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
pthieu1986;n9464821 said:

What do you expect from a troll? He is trolling you. On a serious note, the armor break animation should only hit once, instead of x times. I'll give you that.

xDivinity;n9466111 said:
You have a gtx 1070 and still play Gwent?Go play witcher 3 on ultra :)

Witcher 3 brings me to this game.

4RM3D;n9466351 said:
What do you expect from a troll? He is trolling you. On a serious note, the armor break animation should only hit once, instead of x times. I'll give you that.

I'm not sure about your settings but in my every game, if I or opponent break 10 amours with the dun banner heavy cavalry, it animates 10 times exactly.

Last edited:
pthieu1986;n9466581 said:
I'm not sure about your settings but in my every game, if I or opponent break 10 amours with the dun banner heavy cavalry, it animates 10 times exactly.

I meant, it SHOULD only hit once, as a suggestion. In the current situation it hits X times.

pthieu1986;n9464821 said:
If you say a 4790k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram, 1gb ssd are craps, then i'd rather uninstall this game (I dont try to show off but I know what i am talking about). If it's on my end , i wouldn't post this thread).

try a 1080 :)

PS: i have, and i've seen others do it. never felt bothered by it.

The only issue i see is with the Dun Banner Heavy Cavalery. When removing 10-12 armor the animation repeats several times and take a while.

4RM3D;n9466351 said:

+1 don't know about other animations but this armor animation is so annoying to watch & NR is no short in armor :/

For RNR I will prefer each row will burn more quickly with more glow from top to bottom or even quick fire wave from top to bottom is good too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom