Reforging / Enchanting swords

+
Reforging / Enchanting swords

Can you reforge your sword more than once?And also, are all the meteorite the color are the same? [like all the red meteorite you find have the same states?]....Thanks =]

NSilentSword said:
Can you reforge your sword more than once?
If you mean can you reforge it with one set of meteorites, then add another set to it later to get those benefits added on to of the ones you previously got, the answer is no.
And also, are all the meteorite the color are the same? [like all the red meteorite you find have the same states?]....Thanks =]
Yes, as far as I know, each color has the same attributes for that color. The different colors have different attributes though (i.e Blue is different than red, etc). If you use three of the same color to reforge the sword, I believe there's an extra benefit.

Thanks for your reply. I got more questions, pleas help me with those to...Later on the game [I'm in chapter II] do you get better Steel Swords and better Silver Swords?And if its yes, then is there a chance to find a reforge sword? [Although I don't think you can]...

NSilentSword said:
Thanks for your reply. I got more questions, pleas help me with those to...Later on the game [I'm in chapter II] do you get better Steel Swords and better Silver Swords?And if its yes, then is there a chance to find a reforge sword? [Although I don't think you can]...
There's a steel sword you can get in Chapter II that's better than any of the reforged swords. No new silver swords in Act II though. If you want to beef up your silver sword don't forget to use oils and/or items like grindstones/whetstones or diamond dust.

Coelocanth said:
Coelocanth said:
There's a steel sword you can get in Chapter II that's better than any of the reforged swords. No new silver swords in Act II though. If you want to beef up your silver sword don't forget to use oils and/or items like grindstones/whetstones or diamond dust.
Ok thanks, but later on in the game, will I get anther Silver Sword? Just tell me yes\ no without telling in what chapter or something like that...And I can reforge the sword that I get at chapter II right?

Yes, you can get a better silver sword later on.Can you reforge the good sword you find in chapter 2? No, but there are apparently some other nice steel swords to be found later on.

there are plenty of "normal" sword with good attirbutes to find.plenty of stones and runes and ways to enhance your blades.you can keep a selection of swords in the unlimited bar inventory.and there are swords you get only for doing certain quests a certain way....no spoilers

Can someone send me a message with the locations of the runes and other stones used to forge and reforge the sword(s). I can't seem to find all of them before the chapters end.

You can have a silver sword reforged. I just did so in Murky Waters at the blacksmith's. Not so sure I liked the results, but it's an OK silver sword.

a niggling point, but the silver swords are not technically reforged, they have runes branded into (or onto) them :peace:and yes, you can have that done in murky waters (among other places), like meteorites, you need three runes to have a silver sword branded

Kind of makes me wonder what happened to the original 3 runes. They weren't for sale. Maybe replacing them destroys the originals?

the initial silver sword has no runes at all, at least that is how i interpret it. It is made better by branding 3 runes into it. I believe the branding process merges the runes with the sword, so they become one and the same.admittedly, the game mechanics are a bit looser ... you do not technically need anything but the meteorites (verified) or the runes (soon to be verified!) to get a sword.I stored my original steel sword at the inn before i went to see a blacksmith with three chunks of ore. I was able to get the meteorite sword no problem. I suspect the same is true of the runes / silver sword, but i'm still in act III on this run and i don't have 3 runes yet, so i'll have to let you know for sure later. :)

I cant figure out how to put runes meant for a silver sword into my silver sword. Im now in chapter 4 :pWhat do i have to do ?

Well, I am not sure what exactly you mean.There are runes that are used as "upgrading" the sword, making a better one "forgable/buyable". Then there are those that you can drag&drop from the inventory onto the silver sword, just like blade coatings.That should help either way :D

Coelocanth said:
Coelocanth said:
It's open to interpretation, but a reforged steel sword of 3 red meteorites in my opinion is better than the "Harvall" found in Act II. Note that you must fight the Frightener in the prologue to be able to get three reds by Act II. The 3-red steel has got more damage and excellent bleeding abilities. I usually use this sword until Act IV (replaced with "Gwailhir").Cheers ;D

here is a visual guide (image attached)Permanent runes are the ones which blacksmiths use to brand into your silver sword, you need three of them (any 3). They are square and are called "moon", "earth" and "sun"Temporary runes are used just like oils, and those are the more roundish ones, and they are called "perun", "svarog" and "vodon"

The very best steel sword you can get is given as a reward for curing Adda of her Strigga curse withought killing her.

DanConnors said:
The very best steel sword you can get is given as a reward for curing Adda of her Strigga curse withought killing her.
Not really, You have two better steel swords, G'valchir and Gwalhir

mothra said:
there are plenty of "normal" sword with good attirbutes to find.plenty of stones and runes and ways to enhance your blades.you can keep a selection of swords in the unlimited bar inventory.and there are swords you get only for doing certain quests a certain way....no spoilers
How do you access the unlimited bar inventory? What of the most frustrating aspects of the game for me has been the inability to carry only two swords and one small/large weapon. Whenever I find other weapons, through killing a character, or in looting, I have to drop one of my weapons to pick up another. Rune

Top Bottom