Reform the current patch timeline

+
This sounds crazy given the title but hear me out.

I think CDPR's situation has changed with regards to how content can be rolled out and I feel the timeline for patches / fixes should be extended past 1.2 and stated as Ongoing, I say this because I think narrowing a specific amount of patches in a game this heavy with bugs has been underestimated given the scale of work required, I think being real about the treatment for patches to get this game into better shape is a realistic approach, for example instead of 1.1 // 1.2 // then DLC I would suggest just simply state Ongoing till first DLC release, This grounds people in the knowledge that more fixes are on the way beyond 1.2, people should feel this can't be fixed like magic it takes time don't over-promise on this.

I have no doubts CDPR will have 1.2 in a good place as 1.1 gave the devs lots of data to work with, however I think this will need a possible 1.3 and 1.4 patch to dial in more illusive bugs and inaccuracies.

If CDPR don't do this I worry that DLC could be delayed because devs can't fix the bugs quick enough to meet the timeframe put before them, Please consider this CDPR, the real backers behind this game will understand devs have been put in a gruelling situation that's not of their doing, this is both emotionally and logically taxing from a development standpoint and this should be re-evaluated.

I feel weekly patch news bites will suffice to keep everyone in the know of how things are going and will be better for the community and will in turn show transparency not only from a consumer but investor stance.

Don't treat the patching for this game the same way it was released to begin with,

You can't rush Art
1611496843984.png

Last edited:
This sounds crazy given the title but hear me out.

I think CDPR's situation has changed with regards to how content can be rolled out and I feel the timeline for patches / fixes should be extended past 1.2 and stated as Ongoing, I say this because I think narrowing a specific amount of patches in a game this heavy with bugs has been underestimated given the scale of work required, I think being real about the treatment for patches to get this game into better shape is a realistic approach, for example instead of 1.1 // 1.2 // then DLC I would suggest just simply state Ongoing till first DLC release, This grounds people in the knowledge that more fixes are on the way beyond 1.2, people should feel this can't be fixed like magic it takes time don't over-promise on this.

I have no doubts CDPR will have 1.2 in a good place as 1.1 gave the devs lots of data to work with, however I think this will need a possible 1.3 and 1.4 patch to dial in more illusive bugs and inaccuracies.

If CDPR don't do this I worry that DLC could be delayed because devs can't fix the bugs quick enough to meet the timeframe put before them, Please consider this CDPR, the real backers behind this game will understand devs have been put in a gruelling situation that's not of their doing, this is both emotionally and logically taxing from a development standpoint and this should be re-evaluated.

I feel weekly patch news bites will suffice to keep everyone in the know of how things are going and will be better for the community and will in turn show transparency not only from a consumer but investor stance.

Don't treat the patching for this game the same way it was released to begin with,

You can't rush Art
View attachment 11154584
I think you're intuition is right, 1.2 will leave a lot of bugs still, I think their main focus is getting the game to a mostly stable state, and get back to the PS store with 1.2

I think we are going to see patches all through this year and even when they release their story DLCs which could be next year. If you look at their timeline it says pretty much after 1.2 and for the rest of the year there will be ongoing fixes.

My real concern is for consoles. What if they can't put in the features that would add to or improve the game, RPG features, AI and NCPD interaction because the previous gen consoles can't handle them? What if the experience that truly could have been great is simply lacking because said consoles can't handle the stress?

Don't treat the patching for this game the same way it was released to begin with
Not wrong but because CDPR is a publicly traded company they will try to rush out as many patches as it needs to get this game back to the PS store ... It's a lose lose for the devs of CDPR they are not at fault for the rushed release of the game even though they are the ones who have to deal with the consequences the most ...

Top Bottom